Nội dung toàn văn Decision no. 1369/QD-TTg of October 18, 2001 ratifying the general planning for building the border-gate economic zone of bo y, ngoc hoi district, kon tum province up to 2020
THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Hanoi, October 18, 2001
RATIFYING THE GENERAL PLANNING FOR BUILDING THE BORDER-GATE ECONOMIC ZONE OF BO Y, NGOC HOI DISTRICT, KON TUM PROVINCE UP TO 2020
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government of September 30, 1992;
Pursuant to the Regulation on urban planning management, issued together with Decree No. 91/CP of August 17, 1994 of the Government;
At the proposals of the Minister of Construction (Official Dispatch No. 1374/BXD-KTQH of August 7, 2001) and the president of the People’s Committee of Kon Tum province (Report No. 17/TT-UB of June 11, 2001),
Article 1.- To ratify the general planning for building the border-gate economic zone of Bo Y - Ngoc Hoi in Kon Tum province up to 2020, with the following main contents:
To develop the economy of the international border gate and border town of Bo Y and transform this area into an important economic transaction hub in the region, contributing to promoting socio-economic development in Kon Tum province and in the whole country; to ensure security and national defense as basis for the management of construction under the planning.
2. Delimitation of the general planning:
The scope of study to elaborate the planning for the border-gate economic zone of Bo Y- Ngoc Hoi covers 68,570 hectares of land, encompassing Sa Loong, Bo Y, Dak Su, Dak Duc, Dak Nong communes and Plei Kan township of Ngoc Hoi district, Kon Tum province. It is bordered :
- In the North by Dak Glei district.
- In the South by Sa Thay district.
- In the East by Dak To district and Dak Ang commune (Ngoc Hoi district).
- In the West by Laos and Cambodia (sharing a common border of 30km with Laos and 25 km with Cambodia).
3. Character of the area:
- It is the economic zone of the international border gate between Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia and the other countries in the region.
- It is a transaction center for the development of economy, trade, tourism, services and industries and a center for the transportation of goods among countries in the region.
- It has an important position in security and national defense.
4. Population size and distribution:
a/ Population size:
- Around 26,900 by 2005, of which 8,700 are urban population.
- Around 45,000 by 2020, of which 20,000 are urban population.
b/ Population distribution:
- Plei Kan township:
+ Around 5,500 by 2005, of which around 4,400 will live in the concentrated construction area;
+ Around 12,000 by 2020, of which 9,600 will live in the concentrated construction area.
- Bo Y township:
+ Around 5,400 by 2005, of which around 4,300 will live in the concentrated construction area.
+ Around 13,000 by 2020, of which around 10,400 will live in the concentrated construction area.
5. Land size:
- In 2005: The land fund for urban construction is around 232.5 hectares.
- In 2020: The land fund for urban construction is around 450.2 hectares.
6. Orientation for space development:
- North-South direction:
Development shall chiefly follow National Highway 14. Constructions such as the Offices of the People’s Committees of Dak Su and Dak Duc communes, schools and child daily-care centers shall form into groups to facilitate service activities. Sa Loong commune shall develop along National Highway 14C,
- East-West direction:
+ Plei Kan township shall retain its original planning as the general planning already ratified. The diversion route of National Highway 14 shall be directed to the East of the township.
+ In the North the township shall develop along National Highway 40 toward the border gate.
- Other directions:
+ At the convergence of Plei Kan township, border-gate 18 (with Cambodia) and Bo Y border-gate (opposite Giang Gion border-gate of Laos in the area of border post U6) there shall be built a commercial-tourist-service center, a border market and a number of managing agencies in order to form an urban center.
+ In the direction to Laos: Near the border shall be the international border gate with a joint border control post and a system of warehouses and various agencies associated with the trade center area in order to create an urban development space along National Highway 40 toward the Plei Kan center.
+ In the direction to Cambodia: Near the border shall be the international border gate with a goods yard
7. Specialized areas:
a/ Industry- warehouses:
An area of about 23.4 ha shall cover processing industry, assembly workshops and storehouses. The land in Area I and Area II comes under the jurisdiction of Bo Y border-gate.
b/ Living quarters:
On the basis of the existing population, to transform and invest in building the technical infrastructures of the population areas, arranged according to the model of ecological houses of the gardening economy, with the following projected size of population:
- Plei Kan township: around 12,000 inhabitants
- Bo Y township: around 13,000 inhabitants.
- Dak Su commune: around 3,900 inhabitants
- Dak Duc commune: around 5,000 inhabitants.
- Dak Nong commune: around 2,900 inhabitants.
- Sa Loong commune: around 8,300 inhabitants.
c/ Central areas:
- Plei Kan township as the administrative and political center of Ngoc Hoi district, shall retain its present position.
- The center of the border-gate economic zone shall have an area of about 400 ha, divided into three areas:
Area I: covering about 100 ha lying about 1 km from the Vietnam-Laos border, shall be divided into the following specialized areas: the State managing agency area; the storage and yard area; the population quarters; trade and public service area; park and tourist area; main technical infrastructures; reserve land and other areas;
+ Area II: About 40 ha in the area along National Highway 40, around 2.5 km from the Vietnam-Laos border, shall be built into an area of processing industry for forest and agricultural products for export as well as for assembly, and packaging of electronic goods for export.
+ Area III: About 260 ha in area, shall be divided into the following specialized areas: managerial agencies and representative offices of domestic and foreign socio-economic organizations; living quarters; trade and service projects such as the trade center, hotels and restaurants, post offices, banks; public utility works like radio and television broadcasting stations, hospitals, medical stations, schools; park - sport and tourist center, technical infrastructures.
- Commune centers shall retain their present positions. In particular, the center of Bo Y commune shall be transferred to Plei Kan.
8. Orientation for technical infrastructures development:
a/ On communication:
- The Ho Chi Minh route shall be built on the basis of the expansion of National Highway 14. The section of the route from Plei Kan township to Ho Chi Minh City shall be 100 m wide, 50m wide when crossing the town.
- National Highway 40: The suburban section shall be 55 m wide, inner city section shall be 27m wide.
Provincial route 661: The suburban section shall be 27 m wide, inner city section 28 m wide.
- Urban communication: Land for urban communication to occupy from 20% to 25 %.
b/ On preparation of technical conditions and land for construction:
The designed level of foundation and rain water drainage system must ensure the prescribed technical norms.
c/ On water supply:
- Norm of water supply to the urban population by 2005 is 80 liters /day per capita for 70% of the population, 100 liters/day per capita by 2020 for 85% of the population, 60 liters/day per capita for the rural population.
- Source of water: from Kak Trap stream and Dak Ho Nieng lake.
d/ On drainage of waste water and environmental sanitation:
- To build a complete water drainage system at the newly constructed areas.
- To transform and build cemeteries, combined with the rearrangement of the small cemeteries.
d/ On power supply:
-To transform, upgrade and build new transformer stations with appropriate capacities, to ensure power supply for production, life and service in each area.
- To transform and build 220 kV, 110 kV and 22 kV lines, to ensure modernity, beauty and safe use.
9. Plan for first phase of construction
Up to 2005, work shall concentrate on a number of key projects in urban management and development covering areas of around 400 hectares under Decision No. 06/QD-TTg of January 5, 1999 of the Prime Minister.
Article 2.- The People’s Committee of Kon Tum province is assigned with the task of:
1. Publicizing the general planning for building the border-gate economic zone of Bo Y - Ngoc Hoi for organizations and individuals to know and carry out; compiling the dossier for the planting of marker posts along the red line; elaborating and ratifying the detailed planning and the projects of investment according to current regulations; issuing the Regulation on construction management according to the general planning mentioned above.
2. Coordinating with the related ministries and branches in studying policies and solutions to mobilize the sources of investment for development of the border-gate economic zone of Bo Y- according to the ratified general planning.
Article 3.- This Decision takes effect 15 days after its signing.
The president of the People’s Committee of Kon Tum province, the Minister of Construction, and the ministers, the heads of the ministerial-level agencies, the heads of the agencies attached to the Government, and the relevant organizations shall have to implement this Decision.
FOR THE PRIME MINISTER