Nội dung toàn văn Decision no. 1381/QD-TTg of October 24, 2001 approving the feasible project on improving the water environment in ho chi minh city, tau hu - ben nghe - doi - te canal basin, phase i (2001-2006)
THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Hanoi, October 24, 2001
APPROVING THE FEASIBLE PROJECT ON IMPROVING THE WATER ENVIRONMENT IN HO CHI MINH CITY, TAU HU - BEN NGHE - DOI - TE CANAL BASIN, PHASE I (2001-2006)
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government of September 30, 1992;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 52/1999/ND-CP of July, 8, 1999 promulgating the Regulation on Construction and Investment Management;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 17/2001/ND-CP of May 4, 2001 on the Regulation on the management and use of official development assistance;
Considering the proposals of Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee in Officials Dispatches No. 1085/UB-DA of April 4, 2001, No. 2532/UB-DT of July 26, 2001, No. 3316/UB-DT of September 18, 2001 and No. 3426/UB-DT of September 26, 2001 and the evaluating opinions of the Ministry of Planning and Investment in Official Dispatches No. 5623 BKH/VPTD of August 20, 2001 and No. 6811 BKH/VPTD of October 9, 2001,
Article 1.- To approve the Feasible Project on improving the water environment in Ho Chi Minh City, Tau Hu -Ben Nghe - Doi - Te canal basin, phase I (2001-2006), with the following major contents:
1. The project’s name: Feasible Project on improving the water environment in Ho Chi Minh City, Tau Hu - Ben Nghe - Doi - Te canal basin, phase I (2001-2006).
2. Investment objectives:
- To renovate the rain water drainage system and waste water-gathering and treatment system.
- To restore and renovate the canal system, to refurbish the city, combine waterway traffic with land road traffic, aiming to minimize the environmental pollution in the areas.
3. The investor:
The Management Board of the Project on improving the water environment in Ho Chi Minh City.
4. Construction site: The Tau Hu - Ben Nghe - Doi - Te canal basin which covers 3,046 hectares in 11 urban and rural districts: the urban districts 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11, Tan Binh and Binh Thanh, and the rural district of Binh Chanh.
5. Major investment items:
- To improve Ben Nghe canal, the 3,158 m-long section, and Tau Hu canal of 4,130 m long.
- To improve the rain water drainage with pumps in Thanh Da area, Binh Thanh district (15.4 hectares), Me Coc I wharf (70.9 hectares) and Me Coc II wharf, District 8 (46 hectares);
- To renovate the existing common culvert system in the basin area: To renovate and replace 3,182 m of the slab culvert system of a size of 2,000 x 2,000 mm and 2,500 x 2,500 mm. To build 6,530 m of pipe culverts of 1,000 mm in diameter, and slab culvert of a size of 2,500 x 2,000 mm.
- To build a surrounding culvert line for gathering waste water: To build 6,594 m of main surrounding culverts (of from 300 to 2,000 mm in diameter) and 7,018 m of surrounding branch culverts (of from 300 to 1,200 mm in diameter) and 32 overflow-control wells.
- To build a waste water-pumping station in Dong Dieu: with each pump having a capacity of 66.7 m3/minute x three pumps (one reserve pump).
- To build a 3,530 m-long system of slab culverts, of a size of 1,300 x 1,300 mm, for conducting waste water from the pumping stations to waste water treatment plants (District 8 and Binh Chanh District),.
- To build a waste water treatment plant using the biological technology of activated sludge, with a capacity of 141,000 m3/day.
- To procure dredging equipment.
6. Total investment amount: VND 4,163.94 billion, which is the maximum level to serve as basis for negotiation on capital borrowing.
7. Investment capital sources:
- Loans borrowed from Japan International Cooperation Bank: JP� 24,426 million (equivalent to VND 3,213.980 billion).
- Reciprocal capital: VND 949.970 billion.
8. Investment capital mechanism:
The loans borrowed from Japan International Cooperation Bank shall be reallocated to Ho Chi Minh City according to the mechanism of allocating the State�s investment for capital construction. The amount of reciprocal capital shall be granted from Ho Chi Minh City’s budget.
9. The project’s implementation duration: From 2001 to 2006.
Article 2.- To assign Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee the responsibility to direct and manage the implementation of the project, from the stage of designing to the stage of constructing, and putting the project to efficient use; attention should be paid to the following issues:
- To coordinate with the ministries and branches in completely handling the remaining problems related to the project before starting the construction (especially contents relating to technological and technical solutions, environmental treatment and land management and use).
- To thoroughly revise all investment items to reduce investment costs, raise the project�s effectiveness and bear full responsibility for the project.
Article 3.- This Decision takes effect after its signing.
Article 4.- The Ministers of Planning and Investment; Construction; Finance; Science, Technology and Environment; Agriculture and Rural Development; and Communications and Transport; the State Bank Governor; the president of Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee and the heads of the concerned agencies shall have to implement this Decision.
FOR THE PRIME MINISTER