Nội dung toàn văn Decision No.93/2000/QD-TTg of August 09, 2000 on the establishment of the national steering committee for preparation of the 22nd southeast ASIAN games (Seagames)-2003 in Vietnam
THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Hanoi, August 09, 2000
ON THE ESTABLISHMENT OF THE NATIONAL STEERING COMMITTEE FOR PREPARATION OF THE 22nd SOUTHEAST ASIAN GAMES (SEAGAMES)-2003 IN VIETNAM
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government of September 30, 1992;
Pursuant to the Politburo Standing Committee’s opinions in Official Dispatch No. 204-TB/TW of March 30, 2000 on hosting the 22nd Southeast Asian Games (Seagames)-2003 in Vietnam;
At the proposal of the Minister-Director of the Commission for Physical Training and Sports in Official Dispatch No. 99/UBTDTT-VP of June 28, 2000,
Article 1.- To establish the National Steering Committee for preparation of the 22nd Southeast Asian Games (Seagames)-2003 in Vietnam (called the National Steering Committee for preparation of the 22nd Seagames for short), which comprises the following members:
1. Head: Deputy Prime Minister Pham Gia Khiem.
2. Standing deputy-head: Ha Quang Du, Minister-Director of the Commission for Physical Training and Sports, Chairman of the Vietnam Olympic Committee.
- A vice-minister for Foreign Affairs,
- A vice-minister of Defense,
- A vice-minister of Finance,
- A vice-minister of Construction,
- A vice-minister of Planning and Investment,
- A vice-minister of Public Security,
- A vice-minister of Culture and Information,
- A vice-director of the Commission for Physical Training and Sports,
- The President of the People’s Committee of Hanoi city,
- The President of the People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh city,
- The Vice-Chairman and also General Secretary of the Vietnam Olympic Committee.
Article 2.- Functions and tasks of the National Steering Committee shall be as follows:
The National Steering Committee shall have the function to assist the Government in studying, directing, regulating and coordinating the activities of plan elaboration and preparation for the 22nd Seagames in Vietnam.
- To direct the elaboration of plans in preparation of the 22nd Seagames in Vietnam, including: plan for building of material bases in service of the organization of the 22nd Seagames; plan for training of a contingent of athletes, referees and managers for the 22nd Seagames; plans and programs for competition of various games at the 22nd Seagames.
- To guide, direct, inspect and urge the ministries, branches, Hanoi city, Ho Chi Minh city as well as concerned localities to elaborate and implement the plans for the 22nd Seagames preparation.
- To coordinate activities among the concerned ministries, branches and localities, resolve difficulties arising in the course of implementation of the plans for the 22nd Seagames preparation.
- To propose to the Government necessary mechanisms and policies while implementing the plans for the 22nd Seagames preparation in order to achieve the set objectives.
Article 3.- The Steering Committee shall be assisted by a standing body and specialized boards. The Steering Committee’s standing body is headquartered at the Commission for Physical Training and Sports. The working regulation of the Steering Committee, the number of members and tasks of the specialized boards shall be defined by the Steering Committee’s Head.
The Steering Committee’s Head shall be entitled to use the Government’s seal, its Deputy Head shall be entitled to use the Commission for Physical Training and Sports’ seal in their working relations.
Funding for the Steering Committee’s operation shall be channeled by the Finance Ministry in annual budget expenditure on physical training and sports activities allocated to the Commission for Physical Training and Sports.
Article 4.- This Decision takes effect after its signing.
The Steering Committee shall automatically be dissolved when it finishes its tasks at the end of 2003.
Article 5.- The Head and members of the National Steering Committee for preparation of the 22nd Sea- games, the ministers, the heads of the ministerial-level agencies, the heads of the agencies attached to the Government and the presidents of the People’s Committees of the provinces and centrally-run cities shall have to implement this Decision.