Nội dung toàn văn Circular No. 07/2014/TT-NHNN maximum interest rate VND deposits of entities individuals credit institutions
STATE BANK OF VIETNAM
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, 17 March 2014
PROVIDING FOR THE MAXIMUM INTEREST RATE APPLICABLE TO VND DEPOSITS OF ENTITIES, INDIVIDUALS AT CREDIT INSTITUTIONS
- Pursuant to the Law on the State Bank of Vietnam No. 46/2010/QH12 dated 16 June 2010;
- Pursuant to the Law on Credit Institutions No. 47/2010/QH12 dated 16 June 2010;
- Pursuant to the Decree No. 156/2013/ND-CP dated 11 November 2013 of the Government providing for the functions, duties, authorities and organizational structure of the State Bank of Vietnam;
- Upon proposal of the Director of Monetary Policy Department;
The State Bank of Vietnam hereby promulgates the Circular providing for the maximum interest rate applicable to VND deposits of entities, individuals at credit institutions.
1. Credit institutions, foreign bank's branches (hereinafter collectively referred to as credit institutions) shall fix their interest rate applicable to VND deposits of entities and individuals that is not higher than the maximum interest rate applicable to demand deposits, deposits with term of less than one month, deposits with term of one month to less than six month as announced by the Governor of the State Bank from time to time and to specific type of credit institutions.
2. Credit institutions shall fix their interest rate applicable to VND deposits with term of six months and more of entities and individuals on the capital demand and supply of the market.
3. Deposits shall include such forms as demand deposits, term deposits, savings deposits, deposit certificates, bills of exchange, bills, bonds and other forms of deposits received from entities (other than credit institutions), individuals in accordance with provisions in Clause 13 Article 4 of the Law on Credit institutions.
Article 2. The maximum interest rate applicable to the deposits provided in this Circular shall include payments for sale promotion in any form and be applied for term-end interest payment and other means of interest payment that are converted according to term-end interest payment.
Article 3. Credit institutions shall publicly post their interest rate applicable to VND deposits at deposit receiving places in accordance with regulations of the State Bank of Vietnam. Credit institutions shall be strictly prohibited from offering sale promotion in receiving deposits in any form (in cash, interest rate and other forms) that is contrary to provisions of applicable laws and of this Circular.
Article 4. Implementation organization
1. This Circular shall be effective from 18 March 2014 and replace the Circular No. 15/2013/TT-NHNN dated 27 June 2013 of Governor of the State Bank of Vietnam providing for the maximum interest rate applicable to VND deposits of entities, individuals at credit institutions, foreign bank's branches.
2. For interest rates applicable to term VND deposits of entities, individuals at credit institutions arising prior to the effective date of this Circular shall be implemented until their expiry; in the event where at the ending of the agreed period, the entities, individuals do not come to withdraw their deposits, then the credit institutions shall fix the interest rate applicable to those deposits in line with provisions of this Circular.
3. The Banking Inspection and Supervision Agency and State Bank's branches in provinces, cities under the central Government's management shall carry out the inspection, supervision over the implementation of provisions on the interest rates applicable to VND dong; take the measures within their authorities to deal with credit institutions who violate regulations of this Circular.
4. The Director of State Bank’s Office, Director of the Monetary Policy Department and Heads of units of the State Bank of Vietnam, General Managers of the State Bank’s branches in provinces and cities under the central Government’s management; Chairman of Board of Directors, Chairman of Board of Members and General Directors (Directors) of credit institutions, foreign bank's branches shall be responsible for organizing the implementation of this Circular.
FOR THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE BANK