Nội dung toàn văn Decision 531/QD-TTg 2021 approving general strategy for development of Vietnam s service sector
THE PRIME MINISTER
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, April 01, 2021
APPROVING GENERAL STRATEGY FOR DEVELOPMENT OF VIETNAM’S SERVICE SECTOR FOR 2021 - 2030, WITH A VISION TO 2050
Pursuant to the Law on Government Organization dated June 19, 2015 and Law on Amendments to the Law on Government Organization and Law on Local Government Organization dated November 22, 2019;
Pursuant to Resolution No. 140/NQ-CP dated November 09, 2018 on Government’s regular meeting of October 2018;
At the request of the Minister of Planning and Investment,
Article 1. The general strategy for development of Vietnam’s service sector for 2021 - 2030, with a vision to 2050 (hereinafter referred to as “Strategy”), with the following basic content, is approved:
A. VIEWPOINTS AND OBJECTIVES
I. DEVELOPMENT VIEWPOINTS
- Develop the service sector in a quick, efficient and sustainable manner, ensure that basic services have better quality and contribute to socio - economic development of the country, and strive for a modern economic structure.
- Develop service industries as appropriate to economic development phases and international integration process of Vietnam; mobilize all resources from economic sectors, especially the private sector.
- Develop the service sector based on the utilization of potential, advantages and creativity and efficient application of scientific and technological achievements against the background of the fourth industrial revolution to catch up with other countries. Prioritize development of some service industries with advantages and high technology and knowledge intensity.
- Develop and integrate the service sector in connection with ensuring an independent economy, social safety and national security; open the service market together with successfully protecting domestic industries; utilize and regard internal resources as the basis for active, proactive and efficient integration of the service sector.
- Develop an independent service sector that flexibly adapts to the negative impacts of large economic crises, natural disasters and pandemics.
II. DEVELOPMENT OBJECTIVES
1. General objectives
Develop the service sector into a key sector that accounts for a large share of the economy with high quality, efficiency and competitiveness, catching up with developed countries in ASEAN - 4 and in compliance with international practice and standards.
2. Specific objectives
Growth rate of the service sector reaches 7 - 8% during 2021 - 2030, higher than the growth rate of the economy. By 2030, the service sector accounts for 50% GDP.
For 2030 - 2050, the service sector continues to maintain a growth rate higher than the growth rate of the economy and accounts for 60% GDP.
II. ORIENTATIONS FOR STRATEGY IMPLEMENTATION
I. GENERAL ORIENTATIONS
- Promote institutional reform and enhance transparency, efficiency and competitiveness of service industries during the fourth industrial revolution and Vietnam’s extensive international integration.
- Promote restructuring of service industries based on modern technology and application of achievements of the fourth industrial revolution, especially in the fields of finance, banking, insurance, healthcare, education, transport, logistics, commerce, tourism, etc. Keep growth rate of the service sector higher than GDP growth rate and increase the service share in GDP.
- Focus on development of some industries, products and services with high technology and knowledge intensity as well as competitive advantages such as distribution, tourism, IT, finance - banking, logistics, education and training, healthcare, etc. Concurrently, establish some tourism service centers with high-quality, branded, culturally rich and regionally and internationally competitive tourism products.
- Improve the quality of products and services and competitiveness of service enterprises operating in domestic, regional and international markets; promote utilization of potential and advantages of each service industry and cooperation between service industries for competition and development.
- Promote private sector involvement to develop cultural, educational, healthcare, sports, employment services, etc. according to the market mechanism, meeting domestic demand and facilitating gradual international integration.
- Continue to mobilize investment capital from domestic and foreign economic sectors to upgrade or build modern technical infrastructure and equipment, facilitating service development. Funding from state budget should be prioritized for target development, reinforcement, upgrade and modernization of important infrastructure such as transport, airports, seaports, telecommunications, tourism, finance and banking.
- Open the service market in accordance with international commitments, and enhance mobilization and promotion of foreign investment in the service sector.
- Survey and assess competitiveness of each existing and future service industry; classify service industries requiring protection and industries temporarily or permanently prohibited from opening and grant national treatment and most-favored-nation treatment to foreign service providers.
- Promote development of regionally harmonious and modern service industries with fast and sustainable growth in connection with improvement of reputation and quality of Vietnamese products and services.
II. ORIENTATIONS FOR DEVELOPMENT OF SERVICE INDUSTRIES
1. Orientations for development of prioritized service industries
a) Tourism industry
- Complete tourism development institutions and policies and improve state management of tourism.
- Quickly develop modern and synchronized infrastructure that support tourism development, including transport and IT infrastructure in areas that are a driving force for tourism, national tourism areas and areas with tourism potential.
- Diversify the tourist market based on market research, investigation, demand and preference of tourists. Focus on attracting tourists from Northeast Asia, Southeast Asia, the Australian continent, North America, Western Europe, Northern Europe, Eastern Europe and Russia. Develop new potential markets such as the Middle East, Southern Europe, South America and South Asia; concurrently, vigorously develop the domestic tourism market, especially in the first few years of the strategic 2021 - 2030 period and when the tourism industry is suffering from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Develop quality, diverse and distinct tourism products with high value added and increase tourist’s experiences based on natural resource advantages of each region and locality as appropriate to market demand and improve the competitiveness of Vietnam’s tourism.
- Promote digital transformation in the tourism industry; develop smart tourism; promote and build brands; manage tourists, tourism activities and tourism resources; control, supervise and give warnings about environmental pollution, manage and minimize environmental risk and incidents in tourism based on application of modern technology, science and digital technology platforms.
- Develop human resources for tourism with suitable job structure and adequate quantity and quality as appropriate to competition and integration requirements.
- Build an effective statistical system for tourism.
b) Logistics and transport services
- Enhance state management to actively address difficulties and barriers and create a healthy competitive environment, which will encourage all economic sectors to participate in the transport market.
- Develop the transport market in connection with improvement of operational capacity, performance and competitiveness of Vietnamese enterprises according to the market mechanism to meet economic development demand and enhance competitiveness and international cooperation. Proactively utilize opportunities and mitigate undesired impacts arising from the fourth industrial revolution to promote growth of multimodal transport and transport services, satisfying demand of the economy and people.
- Effectively invest in and utilize transport infrastructure, and encourage enterprises to improve logistics service capacity and quality. Establish multi-level distribution center networks (dry ports and goods storages and yards) and goods collection transport routes in large cities and key economic regions.
- Focus on developing high-quality human resources for transport and logistics services in accordance with domestic and international demand.
c) IT and communications services
- Develop information and communications services based on the utilization of potential, advantages and creativity and efficient application of scientific and technological achievements against the background of the fourth industrial revolution to catch up with other countries..
- Develop a sustainable IT - communications market, provide orientations for shifting to new pillars (electronics, cyber security, e-commerce, transport, digital content services, etc.), new subjects (smart cities, digital government and digital citizens) and new spaces (regional and global).
- Combine development of information and communications service industry with other service industries to create many new spaces, which will promote general development of other services such as commerce, tourism, transport, finance, banking, etc.
- Develop connection infrastructure to provide the basis for development of IT - communications services. Quickly develop services of 5G and following generations; encourage enterprises to expand high-speed high-bandwidth internet connection to all communes across the country; build an internet highway for services with a large number of users such as public administrative services, healthcare services, educational services and other services. Attract investment in and establish some international IT service centers in large cities (Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang).
- Maintain competitiveness and Vietnam’s position in the top 10 providers of software and digital content processing services; become capable of developing and producing IT - communications products and services meeting domestic and international demand to provide the basis for development of the knowledge economy, master information systems, ensure information safety and digital sovereignty, utilize advantages and mitigate negative impacts of the fourth industrial revolution on Vietnam.
- Enhance online provision of public services related to economic activities; increase IT application to public administrative procedures.
d) Financial - banking services
- Improve quality of and diversify financial - banking services by procedural reform and enhanced IT application. Develop market components in a consistent manner for finance - banking to remain an effective capital mobilization channel for the economy. Pay attention to improvement of size, quality and competitiveness of financial intermediaries and creation of a connection between activities of securities and insurance markets and money - credit markets for balanced development of components of the financial market.
- Develop financial - banking services in connection with financial market integration. Liberalize financial service industries and sub-industries. Develop the securities market and insurance market towards international practice and standards as appropriate to actual conditions.
- Develop financial - banking services in connection with the fourth industrial revolution, gradually shift from traditional business models to digital ones and provide products and services via digital platforms to meet increasing demand from customers. Financial - banking services shall be developed based on automated technology, multi-dimensional connection and intelligentization of modern technology. Focus on development of electronic payment to support e-commerce and increase connection between electronic payment infrastructure of the banking system and payment infrastructure of other units.
- Develop channels for market funding; expand the investor system, especially for investors being large organizations; establish necessary financial intermediaries; diversify provision services. Robustly transform business models of commercial banks toward diversification of non-credit banking services.
2. Orientations for development of other service industries
a) Scientific and technological services
- For the field of standards, measurement and quality:
+ Application of technical regulations and standards becomes a requirement for business operations; and an important instrument for maintenance of standards in economic and commercial relations.
+ Develop conformity assessment services and inspection, calibration and testing services concerning measurement to facilitate a change in quantity and quality of these services. Complete technical barriers in commerce to support export and control trade deficit. Apply quality control systems according to international standards, starting from large and key service providers.
- For the field of scientific and technological information and statistics:
+ Vigorously develop scientific and technological information and statistics provision, compilation and analysis services with adequate quality and meeting demand from direction, management, forecasting and formulation of strategies and policies on development and business.
+ Develop the iTriThuc system to establish data sharing, big data and platform infrastructure that support national digital transformation and participation in the fourth industrial revolution.
- Build a network of intermediary organizations of the science and technology market; develop modern and diverse national scientific and technological information and statistical infrastructure.
- Facilitate development of services related to intellectual property and protection of intellectual property.
b) Distribution services
- For traditional distribution services:
+ Develop the distribution industry into an industry capable of competing with other countries. Develop wholesale and retail distribution systems in a synchronized manner.
+ Enhance connection between manufacturing and distribution enterprises, associations and regulatory bodies for vigorous domestic and foreign market development.
+ Reform management content and methods as suitable for each form of traditional commerce, especially wet markets.
+ Improve efficiency of state management of distribution and retail, especially establishment of retail facilities, develop domestic retail chains of foreign-invested enterprises to ensure healthy and fair development of and competition between economic sectors involved in the distribution market and, concurrently, seriously comply with international commitments concerning distribution services.
+ Boost quality of the distribution and retail workforce to improve performance of business entities.
- For e-commerce services:
+ Continue to develop and complete institutions, mechanisms and policies for digital economy development and application. Complete the legal framework for e-commerce with a legislative document system that is amended comprehensively and appropriate to actual development of e-commerce and e-business models and activities.
+ Develop digital technology solutions and products and support enterprises with use of such products and solutions in each stage of the business process; and integrated services based on advanced technology such as smart card technology, Block Chain technology and entity and barcode identification technology.
c) Healthcare services
- Complete planning for development of the healthcare system; continue to reform the healthcare system towards simplified contact points and international integration.
- Diversify forms of medical examination and treatment; develop medical tourism services, some high-quality medical fields and key medical fields as suitable for Vietnam’s conditions and capacity; establish high-quality healthcare facilities that meet medical needs of people and attract foreign tourists.
- Promote development of private healthcare services, do not discriminate between public and private healthcare; increase share of private-sector patient beds; increase private-sector testing services meeting standards.
- Improve access to and quality of healthcare services. Complete systems for healthcare service quality control at all levels and feedback evaluation systems; promulgate professional procedures. Manage health condition of each person so that all people receive health monitoring, advice and examination at least once a year.
d) Business support services
- Increase share of business support services in the service sector. Improve quality of business and enterprise support services, especially services frequently employed by Vietnamese enterprises such as management consultancy, accounting - auditing services and relatively new services such as human resources management consultancy, cash collection, invoice provision services, etc.
- Encourage enterprises, especially startups and small and medium enterprises, to employ business support services.
- Focus on provision of business support services to not only urban areas but also rural areas, midlands and mountainous areas, especially essential support services such as commercial services, financial services, provision of agricultural technology and materials, etc.
- Establish a system of business support enterprises with private sector involvement and marketization, meeting development and integration needs of Vietnamese enterprises.
- Boost provision of level-4 online public services according to objectives of the national strategy for fourth industrial revolution by 2030.
d) Educational and training services
- Improve quality of educational services, especially undergraduate and postgraduate education, to build a high-quality workforce that meets requirements of the fourth industrial revolution and international integration; focus on training technical workforce, technology management workforce and workforce for enterprise management, society management, daily living organization and human care. Renovate training programs and enhance autonomy of educational institutions to ensure quality and enable learners to work in domestic, regional and international markets.
- Promote IT application in teaching and learning management and activities in vocational education; upgrade data integration centers; systems supporting teaching and learning in vocational education; and information systems and databases used for vocational skill assessment.
- Develop teachers and education management officials; expand the sizes and networks of educational and training institutions in connection with quality assurance conditions, and improve teacher quality as appropriate to objectives of general education curriculum and textbook reform and the fourth industrial revolution.
- Complete institutions, reform system management and school administration; increase investment in facilities in a synchronized and standardized manner to gradually modernize and foster open education with the aim of building a learning society.
III. ORIENTATIONS FOR REGION-BASED DEVELOPMENT
Actively apply science and technology and robustly develop service industries, especially prioritized industries and business support services, healthcare services and social security services. Reform institutions and improve infrastructure and workforce quality of the service sector. Enhance competitiveness and service quality according to international practice and standards; establish large service centers of regional and global scale for commerce, tourism, finance and logistics in major cities such as Hanoi, Hai Phong, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh City, Can Tho, etc. Boost connection between large service centers and service centers along regional economic corridors such as the new international land-sea trade corridor (from Chongqing City, China to Singapore); East - West economic corridor, Southern economic corridor, etc.
2. Midlands and highlands
Develop ecotourism and cultural tourism to promote values of natural resources, monuments and cultures of ethnic groups in the regions. Boost leisure travel in areas with suitable climate. Focus on improving infrastructure, utilizing advantages in terms of border checkpoint economy to develop distribution and tourism industries. Adopt incentive policies and mechanisms and connect service development with economic development, new rural development and social security for poor areas, ethnic minority areas and revolution base areas. Focus on developing services supporting agro forestry and daily living.
3. Seas, coastal areas and islands
Develop service industries, especially those with potential, advantages and high value added connected with geographic locations such as tourism, sea transport, logistics, services related to oil and gas extraction and fishing logistics services. Improve infrastructure and apply high technology in investment, construction, management and operation of seaports, transport systems connecting seaports and high-quality tourism areas of national and regional standards. Establish large logistics centers in Hai Phong, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh City, Ba Ria - Vung Tau and Can Tho. Connect development of service industries on seas, along the coast and on islands with protection of security, sovereignty and integrity of Vietnam’s territorial land and sea. Robustly promote fishing services and service infrastructure for islands, especially islands of socio - economic and national security and defense importance.
IV. SOLUTIONS FOR DEVELOPMENT OF SERVICE INDUSTRIES
1. Solutions for development of prioritized service industries
a) Tourism services
- Complete institutions, mechanisms and policies for tourism and related to tourism to create a favorable legal environment for tourism development. Continue to formulate policies facilitating entry, exit and travel of international tourists.
- Develop tourism products:
+ Develop quality, special, diverse and consistent tourism products with high value added to meet demand of domestic and international tourists; develop “green” tourism products that respect nature and local culture.
+ Provide planning for and invest in development of tourism products based on outstanding and attractive tourism resources; focus on development of marine tourism, island tourism, cultural tourism, community tourism and ecotourism products.
- Provide quality, modern, convenient and synchronized technical facilities and infrastructure that support tourism and meet tourist needs, including tourism areas and locations, tourist accommodation establishments, restaurants, information service and tourism consultancy facilities, facilities for booking services, travel agencies, tour guides; tourist transport service facilities and facilities for sightseeing, leisure, recreation, sports, conferences and other purposes.
- Train the tourism workforce in a manner that ensures quality, quantity and job structure balance with training qualifications suitable for tourism development and international integration.
- Develop markets, tourism promotion and tourism brands:
+ Focus on selectively attracting high spending and long staying tourist segments. Vigorously develop the domestic tourism market with a focus on leisure travel, recreation, weekend travel and shopping.
+ Boost professional tourism promotion, aiming for target markets, regard tourism products and tourism brands as the key; promote tourism in connection with promoting Vietnam’s image.
+ Foster the national tourism brand based on regional and local tourism branding, tourism enterprise branding and tourism product branding.
- Enhance international cooperation in tourism with other countries and international organizations, connecting Vietnam’s tourism market with regional and global tourism markets.
- Increase IT application in tour booking and room booking services, payment via applications, e-wallets, etc., and complete the tourism statistical system.
b) Logistics and transport services
- Continue to complete policies and laws on logistics and transport services. Amend some regulations on logistics and transport services in trade laws, creating favorable legal grounds for logistics activities. Amend or promulgate policies and laws regulating logistics, multimodal transport and cross-border transport services. Cover all logistics services, domesticate international commitments on logistics, etc.
- Reduce logistics costs by addressing supply chain issues such as productivity of seaports, dry ports, inland ports, storages and transshipment points; provide planning for multimodal transport to facilitate low-cost transport provision.
- Train logistics and transport workforces to promptly meet labor demand and accelerate training programs on skills in application of logistics and supply chain management practices for logistics experts, catching up with developed countries.
- Restructure the logistics industry, including acceleration of domestic development of logistics forms (3PLs, 4PLs, 5PLs), which will provide the basis for development of Vietnam’s logistics market.
- Connect logistics with IT, especially for customs procedures and at border checkpoints (promote operation standardization such as invoicing, technology standards, etc., develop EDI, e-logistics, logistics information portals, etc.)
- Form diverse distribution centers in large cities across the country servicing the retail market and logistics centers near export manufacturing and processing industrial parks.
- Provide planning for synchronized seaport, dry port, aviation, railway and road systems. Encourage investment from the private sector and public-private partnerships (PPP).
- Apply supply chain management and logistics management in enterprises of all sectors, encourage logistics outsourcing and amendment to laws and policies to enable logistics services as well as domestic logistics enterprises; deploy EDI systems and paperless transaction systems at customs posts and border checkpoints, carry out administrative reform, ensure public service transparency, etc.
c) IT and communications services
- Build synchronized and cybersecured IT and communications infrastructure, including:
+ Build 5G infrastructure to support digital economy and digital society development; gradually master platform technologies such as IoT, Big Data, AI and AR.
+ Increase sharing of IT and communications infrastructure to save development resources of the society; develop cybersecured digital infrastructure based on synchronized and modern IT platforms and national databases.
- Bring about national digital transformation, utilize all opportunities, raise awareness and invest in new services:
+ Carry out national digital transformation in a comprehensively manner from the Government to the society and enterprises to develop digital economy and digital society.
+ Develop e-government and smart city services.
- Develop Vietnamese digital technology enterprises:
+ Develop digital technology enterprises into the leading force for development of information and communications services, technology infrastructure and platforms for the digital economy and digital society against the background of the fourth industrial revolution.
+ Encourage technology enterprises to research and develop technology applications, encourage commerce and service enterprises to increase use of technology, software and technology products; thoroughly follow the motto of “created in Vietnam, designed in Vietnam, Vietnam masters technology and is proactive in manufacturing”.
+ Develop some prioritized and high technology industries such as IT and telecommunications, electronics, etc. software and digital product development and information safety.
+ Assist startups with technology and enterprises with innovation, provide technology consultancy, carry out technology transfer and apply new technology and new and breakthrough business models to all socio - economic aspects.
d) Financial - banking services
- Complete legal frameworks for money and banking in accordance with laws of the market economy, international practice and integration demand.
- Renovate monetary, gold and foreign exchange management policy frameworks:
+ Carry out monetary policies with the highest objectives being inflation control, money value stabilization, protection of macroeconomic stability, improvement of capital mobilization and distribution in the economy and promotion of sustainable economic growth.
+ Develop the gold market in a sustainable manner to accomplish the goal of sustainable gold market development, limit the use of gold as a currency and support monetary policy management and macroeconomic monetary stability.
- Develop a system of credit institutions capable of competing in the domestic market and striving for the international market.
- Increase application and development of science and technology and workforce development in the finance - banking industries; in which, focus on capacity for use of applications of the fourth industrial revolution in orientations for renovation of financial and banking activities; enhance applied science research; build a high-quality workforce meeting development demand of the finance - banking industries.
- For the insurance industry: complete law on insurance business; improve system safety, performance and competitiveness of insurance enterprises; support enterprises with development and diversification of insurance products; diversify and professionalize insurance distribution channels; improve state management of insurance business; and promote international cooperation and integration in the insurance industry.
- For the securities industry: complete institutions, mechanisms and policies for synchronized development of the finance - monetary market in general and securities market in particular; quickly expand the size and quality of the market; complete the organizational structure of the securities market, ensuring technical infrastructure for stable, safe and sustainable market growth; improve efficiency of management, inspection, supervision and law enforcement, ensuring transparency and protection of legitimate rights and interest of market participants; renovate the IT systems servicing transactions, payment and supervision; proactively integrate with international financial, monetary and securities markets and follow best standards and practices.
2. Solutions for development of other service industries
a) Scientific and technological services
- Formulate mechanisms and policies encouraging enterprises and individuals to establish technology startups; propose increasing the financial size of funds to support enterprises with technology renovation.
- Review and amend national technical regulations and standards and procedures for conformity assessment; develop and operate benchmarking databases and best practices concerning productivity to support enterprises.
- Provide orientations for promotion of transfer of technology from developed countries to Vietnamese enterprises, prioritizing eco-friendly and high technology projects connected with Vietnamese enterprises to participate in the global supply chains.
- Boost research in and mastering and transfer of IT, technology for manufacturing of Vietnamese products such as digital content and software; design and manufacturing of high capacity storage and integrated circuits; multimedia technology; multi-access technology; AI; cybersecurity technology and development of high-performance computing center systems.
- Encourage the private sector to build science - technology research facilities and innovation centers and provide scientific - technological services; establish some foreign-invested scientific and technological organizations based on advanced models.
- Proactively formulate regulatory sandboxes for new business lines to create legal parameters for innovative products and services
b) Distribution services
- Review international commitments and Vietnamese law, promptly complete distribution-related regulations to protect all of Vietnam’s rights and interests in international commitments.
- Review and amend incentive policies, develop commercial infrastructure in a synchronized manner to facilitate development of different commerce types, especially in rural areas.
- Enhance measures supporting training in and dissemination of knowledge about goods exchange via Mercantile Exchange of Vietnam; inspect and supervise goods exchange and law enforcement of licensed entities to ensure operation of the commodity market via Mercantile Exchange of Vietnam and lawful operation of e-commerce entities, protecting investor’s rights.
- Encourage enterprises to boost quality of the distribution and retail workforce to improve performance of business entities.
- Promote connection between retail enterprises and manufacturers in provision of domestically manufactured goods meeting quality standards with competitive price to satisfy diverse and increasing demand in Vietnam and supply retail facilities, reducing dependence on imports.
- Research policies for value chain promotion and renovate and facilitate trade, focusing on forming and developing goods supply chains, starting from supply chains for essential agro products of the domestic market.
- Formulate incentive policies for e-commerce employment in distribution and logistics enterprises; promote use of e-commerce for goods origin tracing in commercial infrastructure such as supermarkets and wet markets.
- Enhance international cooperation in distribution service development. Assist domestic enterprises in connecting with international e-commerce platforms such as Amazon, Alibaba, Rakuten, etc.
c) Healthcare services
- Improve healthcare service quality:
+ Provide healthcare for all people, provide public healthcare services, ensure basic healthcare services, strive to provide health management, monitoring care and protection for more than 95% of the population.
+ Enhance capacity for epidemic prevention and control and performance of grassroots healthcare, promptly respond to emergency events and environmental emergencies and ensure healthcare security. Apply science, technology and IT advancements to medical examination and treatment. Robustly develop traditional medicine together with modern medicine.
- Provide planning for a simplified and efficient national healthcare facility network that provides healthcare services at 3 levels and adapts to the change in disease models, population aging, international integration and the fourth industrial revolution in the healthcare sector.
- Continue to reform operating mechanisms and financial mechanisms of public healthcare facilities by granting autonomy; healthcare costs shall be properly and sufficiently calculated and accumulated for investment in development, ensuring transparency and service quality.
- Bring out fundamental and comprehensive reform of healthcare worker training, meeting both medical ethics and professional requirements.
- Increase IT application in disease management, prevention and treatment and health improvement; apply AI in healthcare. Proactively and actively integrate and boost efficiency of international integration.
d) Business support services
- Encourage household businesses to employ business support services to help accelerate conversion of household businesses into enterprises, striving to have 2 million enterprises by 2030 according to the objective stated in Resolution No. 10/NQ-TW dated June 03, 2017 by the Central Committee of the Communist Party on developing the private sector into a crucial driving force of the socialist-oriented market economy.
- Continue to complete legal frameworks for development of business support services; review, assess and complete legal parameters for services such as accounting, auditing, market research and scientific and technological services.
- Reform the organizational structure and operating mechanisms of business associations. Complete legal parameters for operation of associations, and create safe and appropriate legal frameworks to facilitate establishment and stable operation of associations and business associations. Promote handover of business-related public services to business associations and private sector (e.g., issuance of professional certificates and vocational certificates, business-related certification and licensing services, etc.).
d) Educational and training services
- Review and develop educational and training institution networks across the country; improve quality of teachers and educational management officials at all levels; effectively launch the new general education curricula; boost career orientation and classification in general education; foster the workforce, especially high-quality workforce.
- Organize and provide planning for an open, standardized and modern vocational education institution network with suitable size, structure, qualifications and vocational disciplines and quality classification.
- Standardize educational quality assurance conditions; develop systems for quality assurance and national skills certification.
- Promote IT application in education and training and adoption of new education and training models based on IT such as the internet and mobile devices (smart phones, tablets); encourage models of connection between enterprises and educational and training institutions to meet demand for workforce quantity and quality, especially for industries with high demand.
- Formulate policies promoting private sector involvement in education and improving investment in education. Encourage the participation of the whole society to increase investment in facilities and assistance for activities of educational and training institutions.
- Enhance application of international standards in curriculum formulation and reform and training organization.
C. RESOURCES FOR IMPLEMENTATION
1. Economic - social resources for Strategy implementation shall be allocated from state budget, enterprise capital, international sponsorships and other funding sources lawfully mobilized as per the law.
2. Funding from state budget shall be allocated to the Strategy in accordance with current state budget decentralization. Ministries, ministerial-level agencies and People’s Committees of provinces and central-affiliated cities shall prepare detailed cost estimate for Strategy implementation based on the objectives and tasks stated in the Strategy as prescribed by law.
3. Promote mobilization of financial resources from Vietnamese and foreign organizations, individuals and enterprises for Strategy implementation as per the law.
1. The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall:
- Take charge of general coordination of development of Vietnam’s service sector; formulate general mechanisms and policies for development of the service sector; and mechanisms and policies for interdisciplinary cooperation in services for socio - economic development of the country; research and propose mechanisms and policies for management and development of new service industries.
- Take charge and cooperate with ministries, central authorities and local governments in attracting domestic and foreign investment in service industries.
- Take charge and cooperate with relevant regulatory bodies in developing action programs on implementation of the Strategy; identify tasks of ministries and central authorities and deadlines thereof; ensure incorporation of the Strategy’s objectives into objectives of central and local 5-year and annual socio - economic development plans.
- Give advice and submit consolidated reports to the Government and Prime Minister on Strategy implementation, and inspection and assessment of and reporting on such implementation.
- Take charge and cooperate with relevant ministries in inspecting, supervising and assessing implementation of the Strategy by regulatory bodies and local governments; promptly propose measures to address arising difficulties to ministries, central authorities and local governments or competent authorities.
- Take charge and cooperate with relevant ministries and central authorities and People’s Committees of provinces and central-affiliated cities in submitting annual consolidated reports on Strategy implementation to the Prime Minister; preliminary summarization of Strategy implementation in 2025 and summarization of Strategy implementation in 2030.
2. Ministries, central authorities and local governments shall proactively incorporate tasks in Strategy implementation into their assigned tasks intra vires. To be specific:
- The Ministry of Industry and Trade shall take charge and cooperate with ministries, central authorities and local governments in developing an action program on Strategy implementation with a focus on distribution, e-commerce and logistics services.
- The Ministry of Finance, State Bank of Vietnam and State Securities Commission shall take charge and cooperate with relevant ministries, central authorities and local governments in formulating action programs and adopting development strategies concerning securities, insurance, accounting - auditing and banking.
- The Ministry of Transport shall take charge and cooperate with relevant ministries, central authorities and local governments in developing an action program on Strategy implementation with a focus on logistics and transport services.
- The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism shall take charge and cooperate with relevant ministries, central authorities and local governments in developing an action program on Strategy implementation with a focus on tourism services.
- The Ministry of Science and Technology shall take charge and cooperate with relevant ministries, central authorities and local governments in developing an action program on Strategy implementation with a focus on scientific - technological services.
- The Ministry of Information and Communications shall take charge and cooperate with relevant ministries, central authorities and local governments in developing an action program on Strategy implementation with a focus on IT - communications services and digital technology platforms supporting development of other service industries.
- The Ministry of Education and Training and Ministry of Labor - War Invalids and Social Affairs shall take charge and cooperate with relevant ministries, central authorities and local governments in developing an action program on Strategy implementation with a focus on educational, training and vocational services and provision of human resources to other industries and services.
- The Ministry of Health shall take charge and cooperate with relevant ministries, central authorities and local governments in developing an action program on Strategy implementation with a focus on healthcare services.
- Other ministries and central authorities shall cooperate with relevant regulatory bodies in implementing the Strategy, supporting business operations and ensuring national security and effective integration in relation to the service sector.
- Governments of provinces and central-affiliated cities shall take charge and cooperate with relevant regulatory bodies in developing action programs on implementation of the Strategy in their provinces and cities.
3. Ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies, heads of Governmental agencies, and Chairpersons of People’s Committees of provinces and central-affiliated cities shall regularly inspect and monitor progress and results of implementation of the Strategy intra vires. In December of every year starting from 2021, inspect Strategy implementation and report on Strategy implementation results in areas under their management to the Ministry of Planning and Investment, which will submit a consolidated report to the Prime Minister.
Article 2. This Decision takes effect from the date on which it is signed.
Article 3. Ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies, heads of Governmental agencies, Chairpersons of People’s Committees of provinces and central-affiliated cities and relevant organizations and individuals shall implement this Decision.
THE PRIME MINISTER
This translation is made by THƯ VIỆN PHÁP LUẬT and for reference purposes only. Its copyright is owned by THƯ VIỆN PHÁP LUẬT and protected under Clause 2, Article 14 of the Law on Intellectual Property.Your comments are always welcomed