Nội dung toàn văn Decision 677/QD-TTg approval for the scheme for developing Vietnamese digital knowledge system
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, May 18, 2017
ON APPROVAL FOR THE SCHEME FOR DEVELOPING VIETNAMESE DIGITAL KNOWLEDGE SYSTEM
Pursuant to Law on Organization of the Government dated June 19, 2015;
Pursuant to Law on Science and Technology dated June 18, 2013;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 08/2014/ND-CP dated January 27, 2014 on providing guidelines for certain articles of Law on Science and Technology;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 11/2014/ND-CP dated February 18, 2014 on science and technology information activities;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 418/QD-TTg dated April 11, 2012 on approval for strategies for developing science and technology from 2011 to 2020;
Consider the request of the Minister of Science and Technology
Article 1. The scheme for developing the Vietnamese digital knowledge system (hereinafter referred to as “the Scheme”) shall be approved with the following contents:
A country cannot develop sustainably unless it focuses on science and technology and develops the effectiveness of creative capacity based on the sound knowledge of its people.
To make the country develop more quickly and sustainably when the world is entering the 4th Industry Revolution, scientific research and technological development shall be enhanced and capacity to renovate of each individual and organization shall be improved in all domains and areas
The establishment and operation of the Scheme will motivate and enable people to study during their whole life and control their own knowledge, intensify the research into and application of science and technology; promote the intellectual power of the whole people and the development of the country.
I. OBJECTIVES OF THE SCHEME
1. Set up the Vietnamese digital knowledge system by consolidating, systematizing, localizing, digitizing, keeping and popularizing knowledge in all areas, firstly providing assistance in education and training, innovation and other areas directly related to human lives such as law, health, production techniques, etc.
2. Create a favorable environment for Vietnamese people to use and contribute to digital knowledge resources
3. Arouse and spread the passion for science and technology, aspiration for creation and dedication of all people and enterprises, especially the young generation, intellectuals and IT enterprises related to creating, enriching and spreading knowledge.
4. Gradually contribute to the development of the Vietnam's digital content industry and provide guidance on the use of knowledge for users in the network environment.
II. TASKS AND MEASURES
1. The State shall provide a mechanism to encourage enterprises to build infrastructure for storage and sharing of knowledge and develop applications to concurrently utilize and enrich the Vietnamese digital knowledge system.
Large enterprises that are enthusiastic and have the potential for information technology and network infrastructure shall play the key role in the infrastructure development using tools of search for, management, storage and sharing of information and knowledge which are used as the foundation of the Vietnamese digital knowledge system.
2. All resources, especially young people, students and young intellectuals shall be used for localization, consolidation, preparation of statistics on and digitization of common knowledge sources and basic knowledge from the Vietnamese knowledge system and human knowledge systems such as the encyclopedia, Wikipedia, etc. through knowledge contests, mobilization and activities aiming to commend individuals, organizations and communities. Gradually develop the abovementioned activities into movements of the whole people.
3. Organize a system of questions and answers, expert system, artificial intelligence, etc. to collect practical demands for people’s knowledge and concurrently create knowledge that has been verified or is required to be verified.
4. Consolidate and digitalize the existing basic knowledge and community knowledge and use them for creating contents of the Vietnamese digital knowledge system.
Existing basic knowledge shall include laws, state policies, public information of regulatory authorities; knowledge related to education such as textbooks, lectures, reference materials, courses of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM), electronic learning materials; knowledge acquired from projects on scientific research and technological development, scientific articles, results of research and inventions, information on intellectual property, standards, measurement and quality; useful techniques and technologies, lessons in successful application of science and technology in production and life, etc.
Community knowledge which is collected and continuously updated shall include common scientific knowledge in social life such as health care, health, epidemic prevention, farming, animal husbandry, irrigation, technology for maintenance, processing, clean technology, food hygiene and safety, life sciences, etc.
5. Standardize knowledge of important areas such as law, health, etc to ensure the accuracy and truthfulness and mobilize the participation of ministries, Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations, unions and occupational associations.
6. Enable all enterprises, especially startups, to use data and tools of the Vietnamese digital knowledge system for developing diverse applications and organize the applications scientifically in order to utilize them easily.
7. Promote and assist enterprises to use the Vietnamese digital knowledge system for developing search engines, translation, data mining, knowledge management, artificial intelligence applications, social interaction, etc. to gradually encourage the Vietnamese, firstly young people to use products on the network environment developed by Vietnam.
1. Progress of implementation:
a) In July 2017, establish a group of 20 potential and aspiring enterprises (hereinafter referred to as “core group”), which is presided by an enterprise and open to all enterprises and organizations
b) In August 2017, the core group shall cooperate in preparing infrastructure and establish technical standards in infrastructure and necessary tools for creation of the Vietnamese knowledge system.
The core group shall make a plan for encouraging the community to contribute knowledge according to different subjects, localize, consolidate, keep statistics on and digitalize sources of knowledge.
c) In September 2017, organize the launching ceremony of the Scheme on developing the Vietnamese knowledge system.
d) In December 2017, put some applications related to law, health, education and agriculture into use and test models of community interaction in some regions.
dd) In 2018, create and develop various contents of the Vietnamese digital knowledge system. Extend the development of applications in all areas in the whole country. Promote the development of the Vietnamese digital knowledge system on websites, mobile applications, smart applications, internet, open educational resources and value added services provided by telecommunication service providers, etc
e) From 2019, continue to develop and promote the extensive utilization of Vietnamese knowledge system into a Vietnamese-owned digital ecosystem which is capable of integrating all knowledge, information, public data and Vietnamese digital resources and is commonly used in the society.
2. Responsibility for implementation:
a) The Scheme steering committee
The composition of the Scheme steering committee shall include the Deputy Prime Minister working as the chairperson, the Minister of Science and Technology working as Deputy Chairperson, representatives of Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations, certain authorities and representatives of enterprises and community. The Scheme steering committee shall provide directions on, assign, accelerate and inspect the operation of the Scheme.
b) The Ministry of Science and Technology
This Ministry shall regulate the operation of the Scheme; consolidate, monitor and assess the development level of the Vietnamese digital knowledge system to give advices on and propose measures for completion of the Vietnamese digital knowledge system. This Ministry shall assist the Steering Committee, connect the focal points of the ministries, areas and enterprises and users and assist experts in provision of consultancy on and standardization of knowledge.
c) Ministries, ministerial agencies and governmental agencies, People’s Committees of provinces and central-affiliated cities and Vietnam Union of Science and Technology Associations; occupational associations, organizations and individuals shall take responsibilities for cooperating with the Ministry of Science and Technology in operating the Scheme.
IV. FUNDING FOR OPERATION OF THE SCHEME
Funding for operation of the Scheme is mainly raised from enterprises, organizations, individuals and a part of the funding for science and technology, in which:
1. Funding from enterprises, organizations and individuals shall be used for developing infrastructure, building the foundation of the system and creating applications of the Vietnamese digital knowledge system; creating, collecting and surveying demands, organizing forums, events and contests and standardizing information and knowledge. Funds for science and technology development of enterprises and funds for community responsibility are encouraged to be used for developing the foundation of the system and applications to utilize the Vietnamese digital knowledge system.
2. Funding for science and technology shall be used for organizing and operating the Scheme and other relevant events and activities.
Article 2. This Decision comes into force from the day on which it is signed.
Article 3. Ministers, heads of ministerial agencies and governmental agencies, Chairmen or Chairwomen of People’s Committees of provinces and central-affiliated cities and relevant authorities and organizations shall take responsibilities for the implementation of this Decision.
P.P PRIME MINISTER
This translation is made by LawSoft and for reference purposes only. Its copyright is owned by LawSoft and protected under Clause 2, Article 14 of the Law on Intellectual Property.Your comments are always welcomed