Nội dung toàn văn Decision No.1076/QD-TTg of August 20, 2007 approving the master plan on construction of Vung Ang economic zone, Ha Tinh province up to 2025
THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Hanoi, August 20, 2007
APPROVING THE MASTER PLAN ON CONSTRUCTION OF VUNG ANG ECONOMIC ZONE, HA TINH PROVINCE UP TO 2025
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated December 25, 2001;
Pursuant to the Construction Law dated November 26, 2003;
At the proposal of the Ministry of Construction in Document No. 41/TTr-BXD dated July 27, 2007, and the president of the People’s Committee of Ha Tinh province in Document No. 106/TT-UBND dated June 19, 2007,
Article 1. To approve the master plan on construction of Vung Ang economic zone, Ha Tinh province, up to 2025, with the following principal contents:
Vung Ang economic zone of Ha Tinh province has an independent economic space, is a muti-purpose economic zone of various sectors, including industries, trade, services, tourism, urban centers, agriculture, forestry and fisheries, in which the development of metallurgy industry, industries in association with the exploitation of seaports, labor-intensive industries and export-processing industries will be promoted.
2. Scope and boundary
a) Planning scope and land area
The zone embraces nine communes of Ky Anh district, Ha Tinh province, namely Ky Nam, Ky Phuong, Ky Loi, Ky Long, Ky Lien, Ky Thinh, Ky Trinh, Ky Ha and Ky Ninh, covering a land area of 22,781 hectares and bordering on:
- The East Sea to the north;
- Quang Binh province to the south;
- Ky Khang, Ky Tho, Ky Hai and Ky Hung communes and Ky Anh township, Ky Anh district, to the west; and
- The East Sea to the east.
- About 99,000 by 2015.
- About 180,000 by 2025.
c) Land area
The total construction land area of the economic zone is 10,151 hectares, in which:
- Bonded warehousing zones (non tariff zone) occupy about 730 hectares, including Son Duong seaport (410 hectares) and a trade service-industrial center in the land area behind the port (320 hectares).
The tariff zone occupies about 9,421 hectares, in which:
+ Land for construction of ports, industrial land and warehousing land cover about 2,960 hectares, including 2,145 hectares of industrial land and warehousing land, 190 hectares for construction of thermoelectric power plants I and II, 250 hectares for construction of Vung Ang port and a logistics service center, 15 hectares for an oil and petrol depot and 90 hectares for clean industries.
+ Land for tourist resorts covers about 375 hectares.
+ Land for construction of urban residential quarters covers about 2,060 hectares.
+ Land for centers covers about 1,113 hectares, including 128 hectares for urban specialized centers, 425 hectares for trade, financial and multi-purpose service centers, and 560 hectares for education centers and hi-tech parks.
+ Land for traffic covers about 1,250 hectares, including 913 hectares for main urban roads and 337 hectares for external roads.
+ Land for electricity transmission corridors and coal residues yards is about 874 hectares.
+ Other land in the tariff zone covers about 789 hectares.
+ Other land in the economic zone (12,630 hectares), including rural residential land, military land, religious land, agricultural land, water surface and ecological greenery.
3. Functional quarters and spatial arrangement
a) The non-tariff zone includes: Son Duong port and a trade-tourist-industrial center in the area behind the port.
b) The tariff zone
- Port and industrial clusters, including:
+ Vung Ang port cluster;
+ A steel-refining, -rolling, -processing and post-rolling complex (about 1,300 hectares) which will be located adjacent to the ship-building plant, seaports and national highway 1A; a ship-building cluster (about 320 hectares) which will be located adjacent to Son Duong deepwater seaport.
+ Thermoelectric power plant I (about 50 hectares) of a capacity of 1,200 MW, which will be located in Hai Phong village, Ky Loi commune, and thermoelectric power plant II (about 140 hectares) of a capacity of 1,200 MW, which will be located in Ky Phuong commune.
+ Multi-purpose industrial parks (about 320 hectares), which will be arranged along both sides of national highway 1A and the existing road leading to the port; and a clean industrial park (about 90 hectares), which will be situated in the area west of the steel industrial cluster in Ky Lien commune.
- Civil quarters
+ Resettlement quarters: Households not engaged in marine fishing activities will be intermingledly arranged in new urban centers; households engaged in marine fishing activities, in areas along Quyen river in Ky Ha commune and west of Ban Do mountain while agricultural households at the foot of Hoanh Son mountain, south of the redirected national highway 1A.
+ Rural residential quarters will be kept intact and investment will be made to improve their technical and social infrastructure systems and create jobs for residents of working age.
+ New urban centers: Seven urban centers will be arranged in areas with favorable construction conditions and good living conditions.
+ Human resource training centers will be built to meet development requirements of Vung Ang economic zone and the South Ha Tinh and North Quang Binh region; financial, trade and service centers will be arranged adjacent to Son Duong port and industrial parks while administrative, medical, cultural and physical training and sport centers will be arranged in newly developed urban centers.
+ Tourist resorts will be exploited rationally to ensure requirements of sustainable development and environment and natural landscape conservation.
+ Greenery, parks and coastal protective forests will be arranged with a view to ensuring life quality and preventing and controlling natural disasters for urban residents and functional quarters.
4. Orientations on development of technical infrastructure systems
Modern technical infrastructure systems will be designed and built to meet the development objectives of the economic zone and use requirements, ensuring landscape, safety and environmental sanitation.
- External roads:
+ To redirect the national highway 1 A section towards west of Ky Anh township, with a total length of 17.6 km and a road limit of 32.5 m; for sections running through urban centers along the north-south coastal route, it is necessary to build approach roads and spatial junctions in order to ensure high-speed traffic safety.
+ To build a special-use railway route linking the national railway to Vung Ang port, Son Duong port and Cha Lo border-gate; to build two cargo stations, one of 200 m x 2,000 m in area in Son Duong port cluster and the other of 100 m x 1,000 m in Vung Ang port.
+ To make investment in increasing the capacity of Vung Ang multi-purpose port cluster to accommodate ships of up to 50,000 DWT, and Son Duong port in service of steel and ship-repair industries.
- Internal roads
+ Northwest-southeast roads with a road limit of 60 m lying 1,000-1,500 meters far from national highway 1A will serve as main routes linking new urban centers with industrial parks; to upgrade the existing 1A route into a main urban road of a road limit of 50 meters; to build routes of a road limit of 30 meters linking tourist resorts along Ky Ninh beach to Vung Ang port.
+ Crossroads: To build a road of a length of 4.84 km and a road limit of 84 meters linking the national highway 1A bypass to coastal roads, a road of a length of 6.4 km and a road limit of 50 m linking coastal roads to Vung Ang port and roads linking functional quarters of the economic zone.
+ Traffic facilities: To build and upgrade bridges spanning Quyen river; to organize traffic junctions of different heights, car terminals and parking lots.
+ Mass transit: To organize seven mass transit routes linking functional quarters and urban centers in the economic zone.
+ Total land area for traffic will be about 1,250 hectares, accounting for 12.3% of construction land, including 913 hectares for internal roads and 337 hectares for external roads.
b) Construction land preparations:
- To take advantage of the natural geographical terrain so as to minimize ground leveling. The construction height will be limited at the level of +3m or higher and + 2.5m or higher for industrial quarters and civil quarters, respectively.
- Rainwater drainage: To build separate rainwater drainage systems for discharging water to Quyen river, Tri river and Vinh river, then to the East Sea through Khau estuary.
- Other technical solutions: To build a valve system for water discharge in the rainy season and water detention in the dry season in order to improve micro-climate; to periodically dredge and build dikes along rivers and ponds in the region and determine safety distances for coastal facilities.
c) Water supply:
- By 2015: Water will be supplied from Kim Son lake and Tri river's upper reservoir for urban tourist resorts and industrial parks. Thermoelectric power plants and the construction steel industrial complex will have separate water supply systems using recycled water for their technology chains.
- By 2025, water will be additionally supplied from Rao Tro lake reservoir and Rac river's reservoir when necessary.
- Total water supply demand:
+ By 2015: 49,000 m3/day.
+ By 2025: 109,000 m3/day.
d) Electricity supply:
-Electricity will supplied to the economic zone mainly from the national electricity system in Central Vietnam through the 500 kV and 20 kV grids with single-circuit lines running from Ha Tinh to Dong Hoi; by 2015, these lines will be upgraded into double-circuit lines.
- Thermoelectric power plants will be built in accordance with the electricity industry planning already approved by the Prime Minister in Hai Phong and Ky Loi communes in the first phase (of a capacity of 1,200MW) and the area southeast of the economic zone in the second phase (of a capacity of 1,200 MW).
- The total electricity demand will be about 319 MW by 2015 and about 592 MW by 2025.
e) Water drainage and urban environmental sanitation:
- To build separate wastewater drainage systems; in urban centers, to build 4 wastewater-treatment stations corresponding to 4 wastewater drainage basins with a total capacity of 18,630 m3/day. In industrial parks, to build 8 wastewater treatment stations with a total capacity of 53,800 m3/day.
- To collect and treat solid wastes: In residential quarters, solid wastes will be sorted at source. Inorganic solid wastes will be transported to a solid waste treatment site of about 30 hectares; waste dumps of thermoelectric power plants and the steel-refining and-rolling industrial complex will cover about 100 hectares each.
- Cemeteries will cover about 20 hectares in Ru Dat, Ky Tan commune.
f) Synchronous and modern telecommunications infrastructure must be developed up to international standards.
g) Environmental impact assessment:
On the basis of the assessment of environmental impacts of investment in the development of functional quarters in the economic zone, to propose measures to restrict and minimize air pollution, noise, water pollution and solid wastes; to identify solutions to protect soil environment and water sources; to build an environment observation system and work out plans on management, observation and supervision of environmental impacts of investment projects.
h) First-phase construction plan:
- In the first phase, the population will be about 90,000 and the construction land area about 5,100 hectares.
- Priority investment projects: Steel industrial complex, Vung Ang port shipbuilding and service industrial park, professional training centers and tourist resorts in Ky Ninh and Ky Nam.
- To build resettlement quarters in the area east of Ky Trinh urban center, to build residential quarters in service of tourism and renovate and upgrade some existing residential quarters in Ky Long and Ky Lien communes.
Article 2. Organization of implementation
The People’s Committee of Ha Tinh province shall coordinate with Vung Ang Economic Zone Management Board in:
- Publicizing the master plan on construction of Vung Ang economic zone up to 2025 and managing construction according to the plan and law;
- Making detailed construction plannings and construction investment projects in order to develop Vung Ang economic zone in line with the approved master plan on construction and current relevant legal documents.
This Decision takes effect 15 days after its publication in CONG BAO.
The Ministers of Construction; Planning and Investment; Transport; Finance; Industry and Trade; Agriculture and Rural Development; and Culture, Sports and Tourism; heads of concerned agencies, the president of the People's Committee of Ha Tinh province, and the director of the Vung Ang Economic Zone Management Board shall implement this Decision.
FOR THE PRIME MINISTER