Nội dung toàn văn Decision No. 1288/QD-TTg dated 2014 approving the National program on industrial extension to 2020
THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, August 1, 2014
APPROVING THE NATIONAL PROGRAM ON INDUSTRIAL EXTENSION TO 2020
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 45/2012/ND-CP of May 21, 2012, on industrial extension;
At the proposal of the Minister of Industry and Trade,
Article 1. To approve the national program on industrial extension to 2020 (below referred to as the Program) with the following major contents:
I. OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
1. General objectives
a/ To mobilize domestic and overseas resources for investment, or assisting organizations and individuals in investing, in industrial production and cottage industry production and industrial extension services, contributing to restructuring the economy in the direction of developing industry and cottage industry, generating employment, increasing income, redistributing social workforce and building a new countryside.
b/ To encourage and support cleaner production at industrial production establishments, aiming to raise the use efficiency of natural resources, raw materials, fuels and materials; minimize emissions and reduce pollution; and protect and improve the quality of the environment and human health. To support and create conditions for organizations and individuals of all economic sectors to invest in sustainable development of industrial and cottage industry production so as to raise competitiveness and effectively realize the international economic integration roadmap.
2. Targets a/ To 2015
- To train around 40,000 workers for rural industrial establishments; to support around 4,000 trainees to attend business start-up and management capacity building training courses and thematic seminars and workshops; to support the building of 40 technical demonstration models; to support 250 rural industrial establishments in the use of machinery and equipment and technology transfer; to support 500 rural industrial establishments to attend domestic and overseas fairs and exhibitions; to support the detailed planning of and investment in the building of general infrastructure and wastewater treatment systems for 40 industrial clusters;
- To build rural industrial development consultancy capacity for public service providers, laying the foundation for industrial development consultancy operations nationwide;
- To conduct public information work in various forms; to gradually increase the number of industrial production establishments fully aware of the benefits of applying cleaner production in industry; to increase the number of industrial production establishments applying cleaner production; to lay the foundation for international cooperation in industrial extension;
- To develop the process of managing and implementing industrial extension activities.
b/ During 2016-2020
- To train around 100,000 workers for rural industrial establishments; to support around 10,000 trainees to attend business start-up and management capacity building training courses and thematic seminars and workshops; to support the building of 160 technical demonstration models; to support 600 rural industrial establishments in the use of machinery and equipment and technology transfer; to support 1,400 rural industrial establishments to attend domestic and overseas fairs and exhibitions; to support the detailed planning of and investment in the building of general infrastructure and wastewater treatment systems for 120 industrial clusters
- To enhance rural industrial development consultancy activities nationwide. To encourage the socialization of industrial development activities;
- To intensively and extensively increase information in the mass media; to widely disseminate the benefits of applying cleaner production in industry; to increase the number of industrial production establishments applying cleaner production; to boost international cooperation in industrial extension;
- To improve the process of managing and implementing industrial extension activities.
II. SCOPE AND SUBJECTS OF APPLICATION OF THE PROGRAM
1. Scope of regulation
The Program comprises industrial extension activities prescribed in Article 4 of the Government’s Decree No. 45/2012/ND-CP of May 21, 2012, on industrial extension, which are managed and implemented by the Ministry of Industry and Trade and provincial-level People’s Committees to support industrial development in rural areas for industries and trades prescribed in Article 5 of Decree No. 45/2012/ND-CP.
2. Subjects of application
a/ Organizations and individuals directly investing or engaged in industrial and cottage industry production in rural districts, towns, townships, communes and wards of grade-2 and -3 cities, and wards of grade-1 cities which have been upgraded from communes for no more than 5 years, including small- and medium-sized enterprises, cooperatives, cooperative groups and business households established and operating in accordance with law (below collectively referred to as rural industrial establishments).
b/ Industrial production establishments applying cleaner production;
c/ Domestic and foreign organizations and individuals engaged in the management and provision of industrial extension services.
III. PROGRAM CONTENTS
1. To organize job and trade training:
a/ To organize job and trade training courses according to the needs of industrial establishments to create jobs and improve skills for workers;
b/ To train skilled workers and craftspersons of the cottage industry to form a contingent of trainers for the program to train trades and improve trade skills in rural areas.
2. To support the building of management capacity, awareness raising and application of cleaner production in industry through consultancy and training activities, seminars, workshops and forums; domestic and overseas study tours and surveys. To support the expansion of consumption and export markets for rural industrial products.
3. To support the building of technical demonstration models, technology transfer and application of modern machinery and equipment and scientific and technical advances:
a/ To organize study tours to models and hold seminars, workshops and forums to introduce modern technology, machinery and equipment to rural industrial establishments;
b/ To support the building of demonstration models of agricultural- forestry-fishery and food processing; production of industrial consumer goods; industrial production of chemicals for agriculture and rural areas; production of building materials; production of products and accessories; assembly and repair of mechanical, electric, electronic and informatics machines, equipment and devices; mineral exploitation and processing; material processing, particularly those of small scale in scattered material zones for supply to industrial processing and cottage industry establishments;
c/ To support the pilot building of cleaner production application models in industry for further expansion among industrial establishments;
d/ To support the transfer and application of advanced machinery, equipment and technology to industrial and cottage industry production stages and environmental pollution treatment;
dd/ To support rural industrial establishments in building environmental pollution treatment systems.
4. To build brands for typical rural industrial products by organizing annual product selection. To organize domestic and overseas fairs and exhibitions of rural industrial goods and handicrafts. To support rural industrial establishments to participate in domestic and overseas fairs and exhibitions. To support the building and registration of brands and investment in product showrooms and other trade promotion activities.
5. To provide rural industrial establishments with consultancy on formulation of investment projects; marketing; management of production, finance, accounting and human resources; establishment of enterprises; formation of joint ventures and affiliations in production and business; designing of models and packaging; application of new technology and equipment related to rural industrial production. To provide consultancy, guidance and support for organizations and individuals to access investment incentives, land, science and technology, finance and credit policies and other incentive policies of the State.
6. To provide public information:
a/ To build and operate an electronic database center for rural industries and a network of industrial extension consultancy collaborators from central to local levels;
b/ To develop television and radio programs; to publish bulletins and publications; to establish databases and websites; to distribute leaflets and brochures and other forms of mass communication;
c/ To organize, and support rural industrial establishments in participating in, contests, campaigns and exhibitions to provide and disseminate information on industrial extension activities;
d/ To assist rural industrial establishments in accessing and exploiting market and business promotion databases.
7. To support the formation of joint ventures and partnerships, economic cooperation, industrial cluster development and relocation of polluting establishments:
a/ To support industrial establishments in establishing business associations and societies; aligning satellites to produce auxiliary products; and building models to link traditional crafts and fine-art articles production establishments with tourist companies;
b/ To support the building of clusters of industrial enterprises;
c/ To support the detailed planning of industrial clusters, investment in building infrastructure of, and attraction of investment to develop, industrial clusters;
d/ To provide consultancy and loan interest subsidies for polluting rural industrial establishments to relocate into industrial parks and clusters;
dd/ To support the building of environmental pollution treatment systems in industrial clusters.
8. To carry out international cooperation in industrial extension:
a/ To design and participate in industrial extension and cleaner production activities under international cooperation programs, plans and projects;
b/ To exchange and study industrial extension experiences, to encourage industrial development, industrial cluster management and cleaner production with foreign organizations and individuals in accordance with Vietnamese law;
c/ To build capacity and improve qualifications for industrial extension workers under international cooperation programs and overseas study programs and plans.
9. To build capacity for management and implementation of industrial extension activities:
a/ To study and propose competent agencies to amend, supplement or promulgate documents in order to complete the legal framework, mechanisms and policies on industrial extension;
b/ To elaborate annual industrial extension plans. To examine, supervise and guide the implementation of industrial extension programs, plans and schemes;
c/ To strengthen the apparatus and build capacity of state management of industrial extension and cleaner production from central to local levels;
d/ To invest in physical foundations and working facilities for regional- and provincial-level industrial extension centers. To form and maintain a network of industrial extension collaborators;
dd/ To develop programs, coursebooks and materials and organize professional training and retraining for industrial extension workers;
e/ To organize domestic and overseas study tours; thematic seminars and conferences to review and evaluate industrial extension activities; to build, maintain and popularize databases and websites on industrial extension and cleaner production in industry;
g/ To develop and operate a program implementation reporting and evaluation system.
IV. PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION SOLUTIONS
1. Mechanisms and policies:
a/ To increase the review, elaboration, revision and improvement of documents on industrial extension from central to local levels;
b/ To develop databases and software programs for making statistics and monitoring industrial extension programs, plans and schemes;
c/ To improve regulations on systems of statistical tables and reports and methods of examination, supervision and evaluation of provincial-level industrial extension activities;
d/ To complete industrial extension mechanisms and policies in the direction of providing support with focus and priority for typical and key industries and products suitable with the potential and advantages of each locality and in consistence with other policies on land, investment incentives, credit and science and technology.
2. Organizational apparatus:
a/ At the central level, to build capacity for industrial extension units under the Local Industry Agency to properly perform the state management of industrial extension activities nationwide;
b/ At the provincial level, to strengthen and enhance capacity for provincial-level Industry and Trade Departments to properly assist provincial-level People’s Committees in performing the state management of industrial extension in their localities;
c/ To develop programs and plans on professional training and retraining for industrial extension workers.
3. To establish and increase coordination between state management agencies and socio-political organizations and mass organizations and other organizations and individuals in order to promote industrial extension activities.
4. To enhance public information work; to increase the role of state management agencies of industrial extension.
5. In addition to budget funds allocated for industrial extension activities, to incorporate these activities into other target projects and programs in order to encourage and attract domestic and overseas organizations and individuals to invest in rural industrial development.
V. FUNDS FOR PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION
1. Economic non-business operation funds from the central budget shall be allocated for industrial extension activities managed and implemented by the Ministry of Industry and Trade, which are estimated at VND 1,212 billion.
2. Development investment funds from the central budget shall be allocated for building offices and procuring equipment for national industrial extension centers in regions and for supporting the building of offices and procurement of equipment of industrial extension centers of localities with socio-economic difficulties. Annually, the Ministry of Industry and Trade shall summarize office building and equipment investment projects formulated by local industrial extension centers and units and send them to the Ministry of Planning and Investment for consideration, fund arrangement based on the budget balance capacity and submission to competent authorities for decision.
3. Annually, based on the Program and the Ministry of Industry and Trade’s proposal, the Ministry of Finance shall balance budget funds for industrial extension activities (for national industrial extension funds); provincial-, district- and commune-level People’s Committees shall estimate funds for inclusion in state budget estimates (for local industrial extension funds) in accordance with the State Budget Law and current regulations.
Article 2. Organization of implementation
1. The Ministry of Industry and Trade shall:
a/ Elaborate, amend and complete legal documents on industrial extension and guide the industrial extension under the approved program;
b/ Estimate funds for the Program implementation, summarize them in the Ministry’s budget estimates and send them to the Ministry of Planning and Investment and the Ministry of Finance for consideration, fund allocation and submission to competent authorities for decision in accordance with the State Budget Law;
c/ Cooperate with domestic and overseas organizations and individuals to call for funds and resources for industrial extension activities;
d/ Perform other state management functions prescribed in Article 15 of the Government’s Decree No. 45/2012/ND-CP of May 21, 2012, on industrial extension.
2. The Ministry of Finance shall:
a/ Assume the prime responsibility for allocating non-business operation funds for national industrial extension activities in accordance with the State Budget Law;
b/ Coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade in guiding, examining and supervising the Program implementation.
3. The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall:
a/ Assume the prime responsibility for allocating investment funds for the Program implementation in accordance with the State Budget Law;
b/ Coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade in guiding, examining and supervising the implementation of investment projects on office building and equipment.
4. Ministries, ministerial-level agencies, government-attached agencies, socio-political organizations and mass organizations shall, within the ambit of their tasks and powers, coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade in integrating projects under national target programs and other socio- economic development programs with industrial extension plans under this Program for implementation.
5. Provincial-level People’s Committees shall:
a/ Elaborate, amend and promulgate policies, guidelines and legal documents on industrial extension in accordance with law and local conditions;
b/ Develop, approve, and organize the implementation of, local industrial extension programs in each period and annual local industrial extension plans and schemes;
c/ Ensure local budget funds for local industrial extension activities according to this Program;
d/ Cooperate with domestic and foreign organizations and individuals to attract funds for industrial extension activities;
dd/ To perform other responsibilities prescribed in Article 16 of the Government’s Decree No. 45/2012/ND-CP of May 21, 2012, on industrial extension.
6. Other ministries and sectors shall, within the ambit of their functions, tasks and state management, coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade in effectively organizing the implementation of contents and tasks of the Program; and annually send reports on implementation results to the Ministry of Industry and Trade for summarization and submission to the Prime Minister.
Article 3. Implementation provisions
1. This Decision takes effect on the date of its signing.
2. The Minister of Industry and Trade, ministers, heads of ministerial- level agencies and government-attached agencies, chairpersons of provincial- level People’s Committees and related organizations and persons shall implement this Decision.-
FOR THE PRIME MINISTER