Nội dung toàn văn Decision No. 16/2008/QĐ-BGDĐT promulgating the regulation the teaching professionals moral standards
THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND TRAINING
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, April 16, 2008
PROMULGATING THE REGULATION ON THE TEACHING PROFESSIONAL'S MORAL STANDARDS
THE MINISTER OF EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Pursuant to the Education Law dated June 14, 2005;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 178/2007/ND-CP dated December 3, 2007 on defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of Ministries and ministerial-level bodies;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 32/2008/ND-CP dated March 19, 2008 on defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Education and Training;
Upon the request of the Director of the Department for Teaching Professionals and Education Administrators,
Article 2. This Decision shall enter into force from the date of being published on the Official Gazette.
Article 3. The Office Chief, Director of the Department for Teaching Professionals and Education Administrators, Heads of relevant affiliation of the Ministry of Education and Training and Ministries taking charge of educational and training establishments, Directors of Departments of Education and Training, Directors of multidisciplinary universities, institutes or academies, and Presidents of senior, junior colleges and professional/technical secondary education institutions shall be responsible for enforcing this Decision.
Nguyen Thien Nhan
ON THE TEACHING PROFESSIONAL’S MORAL STANDARDS
(Issued together with the Decision No. 16/2008/QD-BGDDT of the Minister of Education and Training dated April 16, 2008)
Article 1. Scope and entities of application
1. This written instrument provides for the teaching professional's moral standards.
2. Applied entities include teaching professionals performing their teaching and educational duties at educational establishments which constitute the national education system.
Article 2. Objectives
The regulation on the teaching professional’s moral standards shall serve as the basis for teachers' making efforts to control their own behaviors to ensure that they be relevant to the teaching profession which is honored by all social classes, and concurrently become one of bases for assessment, rating and supervision for teachers with a view to developing a staff of teachers who demonstrate their strong political determination, have respectful personality traits and clear professional conscience, devote themselves to further learning activities, and incessantly improve their professional skills and practices as well as teaching methodologies, have exemplary lifestyles and express their decent behaviors and seek to become a good example in the eyes of learners.
Article 3. Political qualification
1. Strictly observe guidelines and policies of the Communist Party and laws of the Government; perform their duties as defined by laws and regulations. Engage themselves in ongoing learning and training efforts in order to increase the level of knowledge about political arguments to incorporate it into the teaching and educational work and meet assigned task requirements.
3. Become a person of exemplary character in fulfilling a citizen’s obligations, and actively participate in political and social activities.
Article 4. Professional ethics
1. Show devotion to their chosen profession, develop an awareness of protecting their honor and professional conscience; have the spirit of solidarity, love and care and support for colleagues in both daily life and work activities; show compassion, generosity, tolerance, and have an amicable attitude towards students and colleagues; be willing to give help, protect legitimate rights and interests of students, colleagues and communities.
2. Be wholeheartedly devoted to assignments; comply with statutes, rules and regulations as set out by an organization, school and teaching authority.
3. Demonstrate teaching and educational equity, carry out truthful assessment of students’ competence; practice thrift and frugality, and struggle against the so-called achievement disease, corruption and extravagance.
3. Carry out criticism and self-criticism in a regular and serious manner ; increase the frequency of taking classes to improve the knowledge level and professional skills, foreign language and computer proficiency with a view to performing assigned tasks in an efficient manner as well as meet rising educational demands.
Article 5. Personal lifestyle and conduct
1. Be committed to an ideal, work towards an objective, express a strong will to overcome difficulty situations, have the spirit of ongoing attempt powered by justifiable motivations and creative thinking process; practice diligence, frugality, right and justice and integrity as defined in Ho Chi Minh's ideology.
2. Build a lifestyle consistent with a community’s value and conforming to traditional identities and keep pace with any social progress; learn to support and encourage civilized and progressive lifestyles as well as criticize obsolete and selfish lifestyles.
4. Wear proper clothes and jewelries to meet teaching requirements which are plain, neat, and polite and ensure that they cause no adverse emotional effects and distract students’ attention.
5. Show solidarity and support given to colleagues to collaboratively perform assigned duties in an effective manner; prevent and struggle against violations or offences against laws and regulations as well as professional rules. Build a close and reasonable relationship with the public, student’s parents, colleagues and students; be determined to take measures to prevent violations against laws and regulations.
6. Construct families which qualify as those meeting cultural requirements, and in which family members show their love and respect to each other; take care of surrounding people; practice cultural lifestyles in public areas.
Article 6. Preservation and protection of teaching professionals’ ethical traditions
1. Do not abuse authority and power to commit violations against laws, rules and regulations; do not obstruct or cause annoyance towards students and population.
2. Do not commit fraudulent and dishonest acts during the process of learning, scientific research and conduct of teaching and educational activities.
3. Do not favor or unfairly treat or take discriminatory measures against students; do not collude in or conceal negative actions that may arise during the process of teaching, learning and training undertaken by students and colleagues.
4. Do not inflict damage on student’s body, hurt sense of honor and dignity of students, colleagues and others. Do not cause impact on work and life activities of colleagues and others.
5. Do not organize extra classes which are inconsistent with laws and regulations.
7. Do not use mobile phones and do private things during meetings on-class, learning, test proctoring and marking time.
8. Do not lead factions, be of local prejudice and cause to destroy the unity among people in a collective and community life.
9. Do not use teaching platforms as a place to disseminate and communicate information contrary to the views and policies of the Communist Party and Government.
10. Do not evade responsibilities and repudiate duties or deliberately cease tasks without permission; do not teach and finish classes respectively later and earlier than scheduled class time, or discretionarily cancel classes or course credits, cut down and shorten the time to complete an educational program, commit professional rules which can deteriorate the discipline and order of a school.
11. Do not organize or get involved in activities relating to social evils such as illegal gambling, prostitution, narcotic abuse and superstitious customs; do not use, store and disseminate depraved and toxic cultural products.
Article 7. People’s Committee of a centrally-affiliated city and province
1. Provide directions on the education sector to cooperate with Committees, Departments and Unions on implementation of the regulation on the teaching professional's moral standards.
3. Periodically inspect and examine the work of organizing activities to implement this regulation by educational authorities; strictly and promptly impose sanctions to organizations or individuals committing violations against provisions enshrined in this regulation.
Article 8. Departments of Education and Training
1. Directors of Departments of Education and Training shall direct Subdepartments of Education and Training and educational establishments to thoroughly understand, learn and initiate the implementation of this regulation on moral standards among local teaching professionals; promote inspection and oversight over the work of implementing this regulation at educational establishments and over the implementation by teachers; give timely rewards and commendations to effective organizations and individuals, impose sanctions or take punitive actions in a reasonable manner against individuals or organizations committing any violations; at the end of an academic year, deliver a periodic report to the Ministry of Education and Training.
2. Collaborate with the Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs at each local level of government in conducting the implementation of the regulation on moral standards of teaching staff working at vocational training establishments that fall under the delegated vocational authority.
3. Confer with the Communist Party’s executive branches and local governments to implement provisions laid down in this regulation instrument in an efficient manner.
Article 9. Universities, academies or institutes, senior, junior and specialized colleges, and vocational training centers
Directors of universities, academies or institutes, senior, junior colleges and professional/technical secondary education institutions, and Rectors of vocational colleges, vocational secondary schools, and Directors of vocational training centers as subject to this regulation shall implement this regulation ; enhance inspection of the implementation by teachers, give timely rewards and commendations to defaulting organizations or individuals ; at the end of an academic year, report on the implementation outcome to the Ministry of Education and Training.
Article 10. Ministries taking charge of education and training establishments
1. Direct education and training establishments to implement this regulation on the teaching professional’s moral standards.
3. Periodically inspect and examine the conduct of implementing this regulation by education and training establishments; strictly and promptly impose legal sanctions to organizations or individuals committing violations against provisions enshrined in this regulation.