Nội dung toàn văn Decision No. 1659/QD-TTg approving the national program on urban development
THE PRIME MINISTER
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM Independence - Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, November 07, 2012
APPROVING THE NATIONAL PROGRAM ON URBAN DEVELOPMENT IN 2012-2020 PERIOD
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Government organization, of December 25, 2001;
Pursuant to the Law on urban planning, of June 17, 2009;
Pursuant to Strategic on socio-economic development in 2011-2020;
Pursuant to the Resolution No.17/2011/QH13, November 22, 2011 of the National Assembly on the land use master plan up to 2020 and national five-year (2011-2015) land use plan;
Pursuant to the Decision No.số 445/QD-TTg of April 07, 2009, of the Prime Minister on approving adjustment of orientation of master plan on Vietnam urban system development till 2025 and vision till 2050;
At the proposal of the Minister of Construction,
Article 1. To approve the national program on urban development in 2012-2020 period with the principal contents as follows:
1. The national urban development ensures conformity with the strategic on socio-economic development in 2011-2020, toward to a green economy, creates motivation for socio-economic development, transfer of local, regional and whole nation economic structures in direction of industrialization and modernization.
2. The urban development meets requirement of labor structure transfer, population distribution between urban and rural areas, among socio-economic regions; agricultural land use for urban development must ensure requirement of food security.
3. The urban development ensures effective use of construction land, investment in synchronous construction of technical-social infrastructure, control over environmental quality, be harmonious between preservation, renovation and construction of new ones; construct urban areas with good living condition, enhance urban competition in region and international.
4. To form urban areas in association with coastal, border-gate economic areas creating gateway for international economic integration and development of tourism urban system.
5. To support and boost the urban development in mountainous, border, coastal, island areas adapting with course of global climate changes.
6. Urban development on the basis of duty assignment and coordination mechanism between urban areas in main economic areas, big urban areas aiming to promote opportunity and overcome challenges in using sources for investment in development, create pervasiveness.
7. Urban development on the basis of urban competition in association with enhancing the management capability and effectiveness of urban authorities of all levels.
1. Till 2015
a) Regarding urban system
The national urbanization rate shall attain 38%, national urban system must meet requirement of socio-economic development and have urban administrative management level meeting the development management requirement, including 02 special urban areas, 195 urban areas of from type I to type IV and more than 640 type-V urban areas.
b) Regarding urban quality
- The average urban dwelling-house floor area shall attain 26 m2 /person; rate of permanent houses shall attain about 65%.
- The rate of traffic land comparing to land for urban construction in special, type-I and type-II urban areas shall attain 15-20%; in from-type-III -to type-V urban areas shall attain 15% or more. The rate of public passenger transport meeting demand in special and type-I urban areas shall attain 15-20%; in type-II and type-III urban areas shall attain 6-10%; in type-IV and type-V urban areas shall attain 1-3%.
- The rate of urban population supplied clean water and the water supply standard in from-special to type-III urban areas shall attain 90%, of 120 liter/person/day and night; in type-IV urban areas shall attain 70%, with the water supply standard of 100 liter/person/day and night; in type-V urban areas shall attain 50%, with the water supply standard of 80 liter/person/day and night.
- The covering rate of drainage system shall attain 70-80% area of drainage basin in urban areas, the living sewage rate concentrated, collected and processed shall attain 40-50%; 100% new production facilities applying clean technology or equipped pollution reduction devices; 85% of facilities causing serious environment pollution shall be handled.
- The living solid waste rate collected and processed shall attain 85%of total urban living solid waste; attain 80% of the hazardous solid waste from industrial zones, medical solid waste being collected and treated to ensure the environmental standard.
- The rate of length of main routes and dwelling house areas, alleys being lighted in the special-type, type-I, type-II urban areas shall attain 95%. Gradually, to develop synchronously lighting for the type-III, type-IV, type-V urban areas to attain 85% of length of main routes and attain 80% of length of roads in dwelling house areas, alleys.
- The urban green tree land, for special, type-I urban areas shall attain 8-10 m2/person; type-II, type-III urban areas shall attain 7m2/person, type-IV, type-V urban areas shall attain 5m2/person. The public green tree land in inner urban areas, special urban areas shall attain 6 m2/person; urban areas of all types from type I to type V shall attain 3-5 m2/person.
2. Till 2020
a) Regarding urban system
The national urbanization rate attains 45%, national urban system must meet quality in conformity with urban type and urban administrative management level, including 02 special urban areas, 312 urban areas of from type I to type IV and more than 620 type-V urban areas.
b) Regarding urban quality
- The average dwelling-house floor area shall attain 29 m2 /person; rate of permanent houses shall attain about 75%.
- The rate of traffic land comparing to land for urban construction in special, type-I and type-II urban areas shall attain 20-25% or more; in from-type-III -to type-V urban areas shall attain 20% or more. The rate of public passenger transport meeting demand in special and type-I urban areas shall attain 20-30% or more; in type-II and type-III urban areas shall attain 10-15%; in type-IV and type-V urban areas shall attain 2-5%.
- The rate of urban population supplied clean water and the water supply standard in from-special to type-IV urban areas shall attain 90%, of 120 liter/person/day and night; in type-V urban areas shall attain 70%, with the water supply standard of 90 liter/person/day and night.
- The covering rate of drainage system shall attain 80-90% area of drainage basin in urban areas, and 60% of living sewage collected and processed; 100% new production facilities applying clean technology or equipped pollution reduction devices. 95% of facilities causing serious environment pollution shall be handled. The rate of clean water volume being lost or failed to collect charges shall be fewer than 18% for urban areas from special type to type IV; fewer than 25% for type-V urban areas.
- The living solid waste rate from urban areas, industrial zones collected and processed shall attain 90%; attain 100% of the hazardous medical solid waste being collected and treated to ensure the environmental standard.
- The lighting rate for main routes and dwelling house areas in the from-special-to-type-II urban areas shall attain 100%; the type-III, type-IV, type-V urban areas shall attain 90% of length of main routes and 85% of length of roads in dwelling house areas, alleys being lighted.
- The urban green tree land, for special urban areas shall attain 15 m2/person; type-I, type-II urban areas shall attain 10 m2/person, type-III, type-IV urban areas shall attain 7 m2/person, type-V urban areas shall attain 3-4 m2/person. The public green tree land in inner urban areas, special urban areas shall attain 7 m2/person; urban areas of other types shall attain 4-6 m2/person.
1. Localities formulate Program on urban development, integrating with other programs, plans in their localities to ensure for sustainable urban development.
2. Ensuring urbanization in association with economic growth and enhancing economic density, prioritizing urban development serviced as motivation of national, regional-level growth in order to create national and international pervasiveness.
3. Development of urban dwelling houses
a) The diversity development of dwelling house types with area and amenity extent meeting demand of market and income condition of population classes, gradually solving the dwelling house demand for workers in industrial zones and pupils, students. Reviewing, adjusting or supplementing incentive policies for enterprises investing in dwelling house construction in industrial zones.
b) Encouraging development of apartment buildings in order to increase dwelling house fund, types of dwelling house in conformity with customs and habits, conditions of regions, areas. Encouraging and facilitating for economic sectors and organizations to participate in investment in dwelling house construction.
c) Dwelling houses in developed urban areas must be synchronous social-technical infrastructure and connect with existing urban areas.
4. The urban improvement, embellishment and upgrading
a) To formulate and implement partition plans, detailed plans for the existing urban areas; preservation and improvement of urban heritage areas; construction, improvement, redevelopment and enhancement of old urban area quality.
b) To implement relocation of industrial facilities, public office, training facilities, etc in inner urban areas according to roadmap, ensure to not increase population size in central areas (for Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city), prioritize to develop spaces for urban public service in these areas.
c) To implement the Decision No.758/QD-TTg, of August 06, 2009 on national program on the upgrading of urban centers during 2009-2020.
5. Management of new urban development and urban development area
a) The new formed urban areas must comply with The national program on urban development and in conformity with regional development requirement, legal provisions on new urban development.
b) The urban development areas must comply with construction planning, urban planning and ensure synchronous development of technical infrastructure and urban society under each construction and investment period.
c) The urban development areas must ensure landscape architecture morphology be conformable with natural, historical, cultural, social conditions of each region, area and ensure requirements on ecological environmental, agricultural land and forest protection.
d) To review to assess effectiveness of land use in existing urban areas and urban development areas.
6. Development of urban technical infrastructure
a) Regarding traffic
To develop national traffic frame network connecting the central urban system of levels and areas being motivation of national growth. To develop the urban main road network connecting with the national and regional-level traffic frames.
For the special and type-I urban area: To form routes above high position and big public transport routes such as fast bus, urban railway, subways, etc; research to develop underground parking in association with spaces of parks, squares, works or large combination of works, which meet development requirement.
To develop inner-regional and inter-regional waterway routes for urban areas in Mekong river delta and regions with advantageous situation of sea, river, canals, ditches.
To strictly control, restrain individual means of transport, especially motorbikes in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city. To use science-technology and modern equipments in traffic management and organization. To encourage research and development of means of transport using clean, friendly-with-environment energy.
b) Regarding water supply
To ensure uninterrupted water supply during 24 hours each day for special, type-I, type-II and type-III urban areas; the time of water supply is conformable with demand and actual condition for type-IV and type-V urban area
To finalize the inter-region, inter-urban water supply solution, socialization of clean water supply for urban area. To restrain use of underground water sources, build solution to supply water from surface Water sources and protect underground, surface water sources.
c) Regarding drainage
To research the inter-regional master solution adapting with impacts of climate changes, inundation, flood tide and sea-level rise.
To standardize the drainage high level for coastal urban areas suffering impact of climate changes; to make the drainage master plan of regions.
To strengthen restoration and re-improvement of river bed, pond, canal, etc in urban area creating landscape and sustainable ecological environment.
d) Management of solid waste
To review, build roadmap to close existing landfills which are not assured environmentally; enhance effectively collection, classification of solid waste in big urban areas, apply modern technology in collection and treatment of solid waste.
dd) Electricity supply and lighting
To encourage development of power sources using new and clean energy sources. For urban areas in the South Central and South region, need to strengthen use of solar and wind energy.
To implement socialization in urban lighting, encourage diversification of economic sectors to participate together in development of urban lighting.
e) Urban green trees, landscape and environmental protection
To protect and maintain green space, water surface and natural heritage of each region, the characteristic natural landscape value of each urban area.
To preserve and develop public space in association with art works, heritage architecture works, scenic places, create highlight point of urban landscape.
To select plants in conformity with urban climate, function and nature, create specific character for each region and each urban area.
1. Regarding mechanism and policy
a) To finalize institution on urban development management, from basic research to formulation of legal documents, enhancement of quality of planning work and management of planning implementation at levels.
b) To set up system of general database on present conditions of national and local urban development; research and promulgate set of urban competitive index.
c) To build model of urban authorities ensuring effectiveness, effect of sustainable urban development management work.
d) To research green urban development ensuring fast and sustainable urbanization, implementing the National Green Growth Strategic.
2. Regarding the planning management work
a) To concentrate to reviewing implementation of regional construction planning, urban planning which ensure uniformity, effectiveness in coordination with implementation or branch planning and socio-economic planning.
b) To formulate sanctions, mechanisms aiming to control the deployment work of planning implementation.
3. Regarding raising awareness and training human source
a) To push up propagation, education on the urban development management objective, enhance community consciousness in building a modern civilized and sustainable development urban area.
b) To deploy implementation of training, fostering urban cadres, civil servants of levels according to the Decision No. 1961/QD-TTg of October 05, 2010 of the Prime Minister.
4. Regarding science-technology and environment
a) To formulate policy encouraging use of new, advanced and friendly-with-environment building materials; new technology in dwelling house construction ensure good quality, the lowered price for subjects with different incomes;
b) To research solutions using energy-saving in works for dwelling houses, public offices, services.
c) To formulate the urban development information system (with GIS application) serviced for state management.
d) To research development of public spaces, underground urban areas.
5. Regarding financial mechanism
a) The local budget together with capital sources aided from central budget and other lawful capital sources, will ensure for implementation of duties of Program.
b) To encourage investment in fields of drainage, sewage treatment, environment renovation, lighting, tree parks and new urban centers, dwelling house areas, which prioritizing BOT, BTO, BT and PPP forms.
Article 2. Organizing implementation
1. Establishing the steering committee The national program on urban development:
a) The steering committee is established by the Prime Minister including members:
- The Minister of Construction shall be Head of the steering committee; a deputy minister of Construction shall be vice head;
- Other members in the steering committee include representatives of leaders of Ministries of: Planning and Investment, Finance; Transport; Science and Technology; Natural Resources and Environment; Home Affairs; Agriculture and Rural Development.
- Assistant for the steering committee is the inter-branch working group including representatives of leaders of the Department level being member of the Program steering committee. The inter-branch working group established by decision of the Minister of Construction, as head of the steering committee.
b) The Program steering committee shall implement tasks: To direct formulation of annual and 5-year plan in order to implement objectives, tasks of Program; direct coordination of inter-branch issues relating to Program; expedite, inspect, supervise deployment, implementation of Program in localities.
2. The Ministry of Construction:
a) Being the Standing agency of the Program steering committee.
b) To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with Ministries, branches and People’s Committees of central-affiliated cities and provinces to hold implementation of Program.
c) To guide localities to make, appraise and approve the urban development Program.
d) To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with relevant Ministries, branches to hold deployment, inspection, supervision of implementation of projects under Program, synthesize situation of implementation and periodically report to the Prime Minister.
e) To organize preliminary for 5-year implementation and summarization for 10-year implementation of Program, give out experiences in formulation of Program.
3. The Ministry of Planning and Investment:
a) To balance the annual budget in order to ensure general expenditure of Ministries, branches in implementation of the national urban development program and mobilization to attract ODA capital source for activities of Program, hold promotion of investment in urban development from domestic and international lawful capital sources.
b) To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Construction and guide the preferential mechanisms, encourage economic sectors to participate in investment in urban development construction under objectives, tasks of Program.
4. The Ministry of Finance:
To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Planning and Investment, the Ministry of Construction to allocate non-business funding source for implementation of tasks of the National urban development Program of Ministries, branches.
5. The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment:
a) To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Construction, Agriculture and Rural Development to review assessment of effectiveness of land use in the existing urban areas and areas expected for urban development.
b) To guide localities to define boundaries, areas of land cultivating rice, especially land for water rice cultivation which need be strictly protected as basis of orientation of urban development.
6. The Ministry of Transport:
To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Construction and relevant localities to plan, develop the national, regional traffic system in connection with central urban system of levels and urban main traffic axles in according to regional construction planning, general urban planning having been approved.
7. The Ministry of Home Affairs:
a) To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Construction, People’s Committees of central-affiliated cities and provinces to submit to the Prime Minister for decisions on establishment of urban administrative units.
b) To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Construction, relevant Ministries, branches in nationwide to research, propose for model of urban authorities. T
8. The relevant Ministries, branches:
Within the scope of their assigned functions, duties, shall coordinate to research, formulate mechanism, policy and guide deployment and implementation of policies relating to urban development management.
9. People’s Committees of central-affiliated cities and provinces:
a) To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Construction and relevant Ministries, branches to hold implementation of duties defined in the approved national urban development Program.
b) To organize formulation, appraisal and approval of the local urban development Programs and integrate other related programs, projects, allocate capital source for implementation and deployment of Program formulation.
Article 3. This Decision takes effect on the day of signing.
Ministers, Heads of ministerial-level agencies, Heads of Governmental agencies, the Presidents of the People’s Committees of central-affiliated cities and provinces shall implement this Decision.
(The Annex of national list on lifting urban types in 2012-2012 period and 2016-2020 period is promulgated together with this Decision). (No English translation of Annex at here)
FOR THE PRIME MINISTER
This translation is made by LawSoft, for reference only. LawSoft is protected by copyright under clause 2, article 14 of the Law on Intellectual Property. LawSoft always welcome your comments