Nội dung toàn văn Decision No. 1786/QD-TTg approving the master plan on socio-economic development
THE PRIME MINISTER
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Hanoi, November 27, 2012
APPROVING THE MASTER PLAN ON SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF HA TINH PROVINCE THROUGH 2020, WITH A VISION TO 2050
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 92/2006/ND-CP of September 07, 2006, on formulation, approval and management of socio-economic development master plans and the Government's Decree No. 04/2008/ ND-CP, of January 11, 2008, on amending and supplementing a number of articles of Decree No. 92/2006/ND-CP;
At the proposal of the People's Committee of Ha Tinh province,
Article 1. To approve the master plan on socio-economic development of Ha Tinh province through 2020, with a vision to 2050 with the following principal contents:
I. DEVELOPMENT VIEWPOINTS
1. The master plan on socio-economic development of Ha Tinh province through 2020, with a vision to 2050 must be conformable to the national socio-economic development strategy and the master plan on socio-economic development of the north-central and coastal central regions; and must ensure synchronism and conformity with sector or field master plans.
2. To promote to the utmost potential and advantages; to enhance international integration; to mobilize and effectively use all resources for fast, effective and sustainable socio-economic development and eco-environmental protection; to gradually narrow the development gap with other provinces in the region and whole country.
3. To concentrate resources on developing key economic sectors and driving force economic areas and strongly develop marine and coastal economy, make basic and breakthrough improvements in growth quality in association with renovating the growth model and restructuring of the economy toward industry, service and agriculture; gradually build Ha Tinh into one of large industrial centers of the country.
4. To develop the economy in association with development with cultural, medical, education and training development; to realize social progress and justice, improve the people's life quality and gradually reduce the rate of poor households; to push up the science and technological application; to focus on training human resources, especially high-quality human resources in order to meet market demands.
5. To closely combine socio-economic development with building a firm and strong political system and strengthening defense and security; to maintain national border sovereignty and friendly relations with neighboring provinces in Vietnam - Lao border area. To take the initiative in preventing, combating and mitigating natural disasters and preventing the influences, impacts of climate change and sea level rise.
II. DEVELOPMENT OBJECTIVES
1. Regarding overall objectives
To build Ha Tinh into an province with development economy, synchronous and gradually modernized infrastructure system; to protect environment and to be adaptable to climate change; to continuously improve the people's material and spiritual lives; to strive that by 2020, the province's per-capita average income will be ranked among the leading provinces in the country; to maintain political and security stability and social order and safety.
2. Regarding specific objectives
a/ Economic development
- The average economic growth rate will reach 18.4%/year during 2011-2020, in which reach 15.8%/year during 2011-2015 and 21.1%/year during 2016-2020. The per-capita average GDP (at the current price) will reach VND 35 million by 2015 and VND 97.7 million by 2020;
- To restructure the economy toward incrementally increasing the proportions of industries and services. By 2020, the proportions of agriculture, industries and services will be 13.1%, 54.7% and 32.2%, respectively;
- To strive for an export turnover of over USD 383 million by 2015 and around USD 2,000 million by 2020.
b/ Social development
- The natural population growth rate will be stabilized at 1.1-1.2%/year and the mechanical growth rate of around 2.5% during 2011-2020; the population scope will be around 1.39 million people by 2015 and 1.57-1.6 million people by 2020;
- To reduce the average rate of poor households by 3-4%/year. To strive that the rate of trained labor will reach 50% by 2015 and 70% by 2020; to annually create over 32,000 jobs on average;
- By 2015, 80% of children aged 5 years or younger will go to preschools, and 100% of children of prescribed age will go to primary schools and lower secondary schools; 90% of young people of prescribed age will complete upper secondary education or equivalent; 75% of kindergartens, 100% of preschools, 80% of lower secondary schools and upper secondary schools will meet national standards. By 2020, 100% of children of prescribed age will go to preschools and 100% of preschools, primary schools, lower secondary schools and upper secondary schools will meet national standards;
- To strive to have 7.4 medical doctors per 10,000 people by 2015; by 2020, reach 8.5 medical doctors per 10,000 people and all communes and wards will have medical doctors. To keep the malnutrition rate among under-5 children at below 15% by 2015 and below 13 % by 2020.
c/ Environmental protection
- To increase the forest coverage rate to 54% by 2015 and 56% by 2020. To gradually improve the environmental quality and assure hygienic water sources for inhabitants in province; to strive to have 100% of urban households and 95% of rural households which will have access to clean water by 2015; and 100% of rural households which will have access to clean water and toilets by 2020;
- By 2015, daily-life solid waste will be collected 100% and 60% in urban areas and rural areas, respectively; Sewage and solid waste of health establishments and industrial solid waste will be collected and treated 100% and 60%, respectively. To strive for collection and treatment of 100% of industrial garbage; industrial parks and complexes will have sewage treatment systems meeting standards before discharging sewage into the environment by 2020.
III. DEVELOPMENT ORIENTATIONS OF SECTORS, FIELDS
1. Agriculture, forestry and aquaculture
To further restructure and modernize agriculture, forestry and aquaculture through centralized, large-scale, hi-tech and sustainable commodity production aiming to raise productivity, quality and economic efficiency:
- During 2011 -2015: To implement the master plan on agricultural, forest and aquatic production zones toward commodity production, application of science and technology in association with the program on building a new rural area; to step up the production of key agricultural products together with developing the processing industry; to encourage and support farmers to invest in farm-based and centralized production; to build brands for a few of advantageous agricultural products;
- During 2016-2020: To further improve infrastructures in service for agricultural production such as irrigation systems, warehouses, fishing ports, fishing logistic service zones and storm shelters for fishing boats; to gather land for forming farms of appropriate sizes associated with hi-tech application and organic agriculture and epidemic-free assurance; to adopt mechanisms and policies to encourage enterprises to step up investment in agriculture and rural areas;
- Vision to 2050: Agricultural production through accelerating the centralized and large- scale production of commodities with high added value, meeting consumption and export demands, in line with the industrial and service development trend and urbanization speed.
2. Regarding Industries and construction
a/ To develop modern and sustainable manufacture of iron and steel, striving for an output of around 8.5 million tons/year by 2020 and 15-20 million tons/year by 2030, putting Ha Tinh into a large iron and steel manufacturing place of the whole country, specifically:
- During 2011 -2015: To concentrate on investment in building infrastructure of Vung Ang economic zone; essential infrastructure works in service for Thach Khe iron mine and water and electricity supply systems, and training human resources in service for the iron and steel production industry; by 2015, to strive to put the steel plant of the Formosa group into operation;
- During 2016-2020: To exploit Thach Khe iron mine and put the steel plant using Thach Khe iron ores into operation; to step up the attraction of investment in projects to manufacture products made of steel such as construction steel, steel components, tanks, containers, etc., and supporting industries for the iron and steel industry; to manage and well deal with environmental problems, to concurrently form research and development facilities of the iron and steel processing and exploitation industry with high technologies;
- Vision to 2050: To further develop iron and steel manufacture as an important industry with high added value; to step up the attraction of investment in projects to manufacture machines, equipment and products with high added value such as home appliances, cars, shipbuilding, containers, etc.
b/ To coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade in studying the construction of an oil refining and petrochemical plant in Vung Ang economic zone; to develop the supporting industries for the deep-processing of post-petrochemical products such as industries of manufacturing polypropylene, synthetic fibers, plastics, synthetic fertilizers, detergents and other products.
c/ To focus on investment in building infrastructure for forming centralized industrial parks specialized in textiles and garments in Hong Linh, Gia Lach and Ha Vang towns, and training human resources; to produce high-value industrial and technical fibers (eco-fibers, nano fibers and smart fibers), industrial and technical fabrics (heat-resistant fabrics, fabrics with high compressive ability) in order to supply for domestic consumption and export.
d/ To develop construction into an important industry with high technical level, contributing to promoting economic growth and development, specifically:
- During 2011 -2015: To focus on exploiting and processing raw materials to supply construction materials such as sand, stones, bricks, timber and construction components; to establish construction enterprises with financial capacity, quality human resources and high technical level to serve the development of centralized urban centers and key projects;
- During 2016-2020: To develop the material production industry producing environment-friendly products like non-baked bricks, steel components, glass, etc.; to develop mechanical engineering and the manufacture of accessories and equipment for other industries; to form a real estate market and step up the building of centralized urban areas of appropriate sizes;
- Vision to 2050: To step up the development of modern new urban centers and the real estate market; to develop an advanced construction material industry with products such as steel components of high durability, non-baked bricks from environment-friendly recycled materials, smart glass and polymer and plastic construction material products (polyurethane foam and PVC pipelines, etc).
3. Trade and services
To rapidly develop trade and services to become an important economic sector which supports the development of other fields, sectors, especially to promote trade with Laos, the northeastern provinces of Thailand, China and ASEAN countries. Specifically:
- During 2011-2015: To increase investment in transport infrastructure to ensure linkage among the province's areas, focusing on building main roads and complete phase 1 of Son Duong-Vung Ang port; to build Cau Treo international border-gate economic zone in order to become a center in trading with Laos and countries along the east-west economic corridor; to encourage investment in logistic service and trade facilities in the province;
- During 2016-2020: To complete major infrastructure works of Son Duong-Vung Ang port; to form facilities to provide trade and logistic services for agriculture, iron and steel, and textile and garment industries.
- Vision to 2050: To strive to become one of large trade centers of the region; to control a big market share in border trade between Vietnam and Laos and the northeastern provinces of Thailand; to build Vung Ang-Son Duong port to become a goods transit port for trade, transport and logistics development, contributing to the province's economic development.
4. Development of social fields
a/ Education and training
To develop education in both structure and scale and create favorable conditions for teacher contingent to teach well and raise comprehensively education quality; to strengthen vocational guidance, providing students with job training opportunities suitable to their ability and social demand in order to satisfy better for human resources of the province, region and the country:
- During 2011-2015: To further raise the education quality at all educational levels and step up building national-standard schools; to raise the capacity, scale and quality of vocational training in order to satisfy the province's increasing labor demand;
- During 2016-2020: To concentrate on enhancing the capacity of tertiary education and vocational training. To strive that by 2020, vocational training and education programs will meet national quality standards.
b/ Medicine and health care
To develop the health network through raising funds from organizations and individuals to meet people's health care demands; to increase access to basic health services in rural areas; to step up preventive medicine, take the initiative in the prevention and control of epidemics, occupational health and environmental sanitation, and enhance the management of food quality, hygiene and safety; to maintain the birth reduction rate and further implement schemes to enhance the population quality and reduce the imbalanced sex ratio at birth:
- During 2011-2015: To further consolidate and improve the grassroots health network, focusing on building and upgrading commune-level health stations up to national health criteria; to invest in appropriate equipment and technologies for the health networks at 3 levels in order to improve the quality of health services and meet people's health care demands; to step up the training, retraining and attract qualified medical officers in order to work for health establishments; to formulate and implement comprehensive food safety management programs.
- During 2016-2020: To prioritize the building of new and comprehensive specialized medical examination and treatment facilities and level-3 medical care facilities; to complete the formulating of national criteria on commune health;
- Vision to 2050: To further enhance the quality of health care at provincial, district and commune levels; to step up the attraction of domestic and foreign investment for providing high-quality health services; to increase linkage and cooperation with central and international hospitals and research institutes in order to apply and develop medical and pharmaceutical sciences, techniques and technologies.
c/ Culture, sports and tourism
- To concentrate on building a cultured life at the grassroots level through combing modern culture with restoring and developing the typical and special traits of traditional culture; to strengthen physical foundations of system of cultural institutions, to meet local demands for cultural, information, physical training and sports activities in province;
- To step up participation of organizations and individuals for strongly developing professional and mass sports movements; to attach importance to discovering and training gifted athletes for developing a number of high-achievement sports, striving to build Ha Tinh into one of large sport center of the central region;
- To further invest in building and upgrading infrastructure of tourist zones and spots and develop system of high-quality restaurants, hotels and convention centers in large urban centers such as Ha Tinh city, Hong Linh town, Thien Cam township, Ky Anh township and Vung Ang economic zone; to prioritize investment in developing tourist spots such as Thien Cam beach, Ke Go reservoir, Son Kim thermal spring, Nguyen Du temple relic, Dong Loc Junction and Huong Tich pagoda.
5. Infrastructure construction and development
a/ Transport: To build, upgrade and improve the system of transport infrastructure which are ensured to be continuous and creating linkage between the province's localities and the whole country aiming to meet socio-economic development requirements.
- Roads: to coordinate with the Ministry of Transport in carrying out the plans and roadmaps for investment and upgrading key routes (north-south and east-west) such as national highway 1A, coastal road, Ho Chi Minh road, and north-south expressway, national highways 8, 12 and 15A; to develop 2 strategic east-west corridors of the country, namely Vinh-national highway 8A-Vientiane and Vung Ang-national highway 12-Thakhaek;
To take the initiative in formulating plans and allocating the province's resources according to roadmaps (phases) and planning to invest and upgrade degraded roads within management and investment of the province; to strive that by 2020, all provincial roads will meet grade-IV road standards, giving priority to upgrading the vertical axle including provincial roads 28, 70, 21 and 22; to upgrade provincial roads 6 and 7 for linking the coastal area with national highway 1A;
By 2020, to upgrade district roads to grade- V road standards and inter-hamlet roads to type- A rural road standards, at least 80% of which will be asphalted or concreted.
- Waterways: To build under planning of Vung Ang-Son Duong port into a general port zone which can accommodate ships of 300,000 DWT and have facilities for handling containers and specialized commodities in conformity with demands of different industry clusters in the economic zone and trading activities with Laos and the northeastern provinces of Thailand; to build, upgrade and complete Xuan Hai and Cua Sot ports and river wharves in service for maritime and river transportation;
- Railways: To coordinate with the Ministry of Transport in selecting an appropriate form of investment under planning in order to build Vung Ang-Mu Gia railway belonging to the trans-Asia railway system, a specialized railway from Thach Khe to Vung Ang port for transporting ores for the steel refinery plant, and the north-south express dual railway passing Ha Tinh province.
b/ Irrigation: To focus on investment in completing Ngan Truoi-Cam Trang multi-purpose irrigation system, upgrading La Giang dike, Do Diem sluice and Nghen river canal system; to build and upgrade medium- and small-sized irrigation systems and solidify intra-field canals aiming to water over 85% of agricultural land area on initiative by 2020; to consolidate firmly river and sea dike systems for preventing riverbank and coastal landslides.
c/ Power supply sources and networks: In furtherance of the national master plan on electricity development with respect to Vung Ang thermo-power plant 1 (of a capacity of 1,200 MW), Vung Ang thermo-power plant 2 (of a capacity of 1,200 MW), Vung Ang thermo-power plant 3 (of a capacity of 2,400 MW) and the thermo-power plant of Formosa group (of a capacity of 1,500 MW);
To renovate and develop the power network aiming to make full use of the existing capacity; to build under planning stations and electrical lines of 220 kV and 110 kV as well as medium- and low-voltage electrical lines linked with new power sources meeting the increasing load demands, especially for Thach Khe iron mine, Vung Ang economic zone and Cau Treo international border-gate economic zone.
d/ Water supply and drainage: To focus on the water supply for urban areas, rural areas as well as industrial manufacture and services: To upgrade water plants in Ha Tinh city, Hong Linh town, Ky Anh township and urban centers; to build a water supply system for Vung Ang economic zone and a water plant for Loc Ha township, in conformity with investment resources of each period;
To upgrade and build new synchronous rainwater and sewage drainage systems for urban centers, economic zones and industrial parks. To build separate water drainage systems for urban and other industrial parks; and the centralized sewage treatment systems for cities to treat waste meeting the set standards before discharging sewage into the environment.
e/ Information and communication: To upgrade, expand and gradually modernize post-telecommunications and information-communication networks with large capacity, high speed for national and international connection; to modernize the hi-tech distribution and transmission systems and optical cable systems to districts and communes. To strengthen the application of information technology to state management work and e-transactions; to increase the density of telephone subscribers, ensure that all communes access to the Internet with many utility and hi-tech services:
- During 2011-2020: To upgrade and expand the optical cable network, especially in urban centers, Vung Ang economic zone, Cau Treo international border-gate economic zone, tourist zones and industrial parks and complexes in the province; to build an information technology industrial park in Ha Tinh city; to develop a telecommunications infrastructure network, which is high-quality and has common nature, aiming to meet information and communication demands; to promote the development of services such as: information technology, tax, accounting, filing management, security and salary management, etc.
- Vision to 2050: To further develop hi-tech telecommunications and information technology services; to step up development of centers for high-level telecommunications and business process outsourcing (BPO) services and other services meeting socio-economic development and regional and international integration requirements.
6. Science and technology
- To develop science and technology to serve economical development need; to prioritize scientific research for application to production and life; to increase cooperation with central scientific agencies and international organizations in wide reproduction of plant varieties, animals and aquatic breeds with high value and added value according to international standards for export;
- To gradually build a number of research and application centers and experiment workshops for producing new products, agricultural seed-breeding centers, and to invest equipment for these centers to meet scientific research needs.
7. Environmental protection
- To take the initiative in applying environmental protection solutions and limiting the increase of environmental pollution in production sectors, especially in key production clusters; to overcome environmental degradation, improve the environment and protect biodiversity;
- To closely manage the exploitation and economical use of natural resources, especially land, groundwater sources, minerals, forestry and sea resources, and ensuring sustainable development;
- To raise the capacity to prevent and limit bad impacts of natural disasters and promptly respond to environmental incidents. To formulate projects on preventing and controlling climate change, sea level rise and natural disasters.
8. Regarding defense and security
To further build and consolidate the all-people defense system and the movement "All people protect the national security"; to develop economic development in association with strengthening defense and security potential; to strengthen international cooperation in settling complicated issues related to security, politics and assurance of border security; to step up the prevention and combat of crimes and social evils, minimize traffic accidents; to maintain political security and social order and safety for fast and sustainable development.
IV. SOCIO-ECONOMIC SPATIAL ORGANIZATION
1. Urban and rural development
a) Urban development
- To accelerate the process of urbanization, gradually complete the urban system with modern socio-economic and technical infrastructure, green and clean environment which is rationally distributed, ensuring stable, balanced and sustainable development in urban areas. In urban infrastructure development, to pay attention to construction of multi-storied buildings in order to increase the land use ratio and reduce construction density;
- To develop the urban system comprising of urban central and satellite urban centers, located along national highway 1A, coastal road, Ho Chi Minh road and national highway 8A. To strive by 2020, the province will have 3 urban centers, namely Ha Tinh city as a grade-II urban center, and Hong Linh and Hoanh Son as grade-Ill urban centers. Other townships will be grade-IV or -V urban centers when satisfying the prescribed conditions; to strive for the urbanization rate to reach over 45%.
b/ Rural development
- To step up the implementation of the national target program on building a new countryside; to strive that over 20% and 50% of communes will meet new rural criteria by 2015 and 2020, respectively;
- To raise funds for building rural infrastructure; to integrate the national target program on building a new countryside combining with other target programs in order to concentrate on building essential infrastructure (power, transport, telecommunications, water supply works, schools, health stations, marketplaces, cultural and information institutions, environmental sanitation, etc.) for communes, especially those in difficult areas);
- To attract investment in agricultural and rural projects with high technologies, clean technologies and organic agriculture; to support job training and technology transfer for production development and sustainable poverty reduction, gradually improve the living conditions of people in rural areas.
2. Economic areas and zones
a/ The marine and coastal areas, comprising coastal communes in Nghi Xuan, Loc Ha, Thach Ha, Cam Xuyen and Ky Anh rural districts. To prioritize the development of fishing, aquaculture and aquatic product processing; trees as agricultural product and goods; industries and services, especially iron ore exploitation, manufacture of steel and steel products, thermo-power, tourist services, logistic services and shipping transport;
b/ The central economic area, comprising the localities in corridor of national highway 1A from Hong Linh commune to Ha Tinh city. To prioritize the development of a multi-sector economic area in order to create ground for the province's economic development, focusing on developing trade, recreation, finance-banking, transportation, business process outsourcing (BPO) services, education and vocational training and mechanical repair services; to develop the textile and garment industry;
c/ The mountainous and midland economic area in Huong Son, Huong Khe, Vu Quang and Duc Tho rural districts and the remaining communes of Nghi Xuan, Can Loc, Thach Ha, Loc Ha, Cam Xuyen and Ky Anh districts. To concentrate on agricultural and forestry economic development, giving priority to development of a few of advantageous plants and animals such as paddy, Phuc Trach grapefruit, Bu orange, rubber, cow, pig, deer, raw-material forest, medicine and timber processing, to develop rural and border trade in association with the development of Cau Treo international border-gate economic zone;
d/ The heavy-industry area, comprising 2 concentrated development zones, namely VungAng economic zone, which will be developed as a center for manufacturing and processing iron, steel and steel products, and a trade and logistic service center associated with Vung Ang-Son Duong port; Thach Khe iron mine area, which will supply iron ores for the steel plant in Vung Ang economic zone;
e/ To build urban centers forming a corridor along national highway 1A from Ha Tinh city to Hong Linh town and linking with Vinh city (Nghe An province). Ha Tinh city is a development center with key activities being vocational training and education centers and center of BPO services;
g/ To build Cau Treo international border-gate economic zone, and agricultural and forest product processing factories, forming a corridor along national highway 8 from Cau Treo international border gate to Xuan Hai port and along Ho Chi Minh road (the section crossing HaTinh).
V. LIST OF PROJECTS PRIORITIZED FOR INVESTMENT RESEARCH
(See the attached Appendix)
VI. SOLUTIONS FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF THE MASTER PLAN
1. Raising capital sources for investment
The total capital needs for investment in development is estimated at around VND 539 trillion by 2020, including around VND 227 trillion during 2011-2015 and around VND 312 trillion during 2016-2020. The province should adopt specific solutions for mobilizing to the utmost domestic and foreign resources for development investment, specifically:
a/ Formulating and issuing a list of investment-calling programs and projects up to 2020. On that basis, to step up dissemination, introduction and promotion activities aiming to attract investment capital from economic sectors;
b/ Improving the investment, production and business environments, and further reform investment procedures toward simplicity, transparency and publicity; to well carry out ground clearance work and make conditions on infrastructure to be ready for receipt of investors; to direct investors to implement projects in planned areas; to positively promote creating confidence for investor in order to attract domestic and foreign investment;
c/ To adopt policies to raise capital from land funds for construction of infrastructure, new urban centers, economic zones and industrial parks;
d/To step up socialization in order to attract investment capital sources, especially in education, training, health care, culture, sports, tourism, radio and television broadcasting, science, technology and environmental protection, etc.
dd/ To increase investment forms comprising BT, BOT, BTP, PPP and other forms to raise capital for infrastructure development; to attract foreign investment and mobilize ODA and FDI sources for development investment;
f/ To facilitate the development of the capital market, consolidate the system of credit funds aiming to increase the capacity to raise capital from inside and outside the province.
2. Improving the business and investment environments, enhancing the province-level competitiveness
a/ To create an equal, stable, transparent and clear business environment for enterprises of all economic sectors to invest in socio-economic development;
b/ To enhance the effectiveness of the attraction of investment and performance effectiveness of investment capital sources of economic sectors and FDI enterprises and ODA and NGO capital; concurrently simplify administrative procedures; to step up investment promotion activities;
c/ To strengthen the capacity, professionalism and international economic integration activities for cadres, civil servants and public employees of state administrative agencies and contingent of business managers.
3. Human resource development and employment
a/ To strengthen the training capacity of Ha Tinh University, colleges, secondary schools and vocational training institutions. To expand forms of vocational training, concentrate on disciplines for which the society has great demand such as mining, steel refining and rolling, construction, construction material production, mechanical engineering, electricity, agricultural product processing, trade, etc.
b/ To encourage enterprises to provide vocational training for labor forces inside and outside enterprises. To step up forms of association training to expand the training scale, forms and disciplines. To attach importance to training skilled workers and qualified managers;
c/ To step up socialization in training sector, to strongly develop forms of people-founded and private schools in order to attract all resources for human resource training.
4. Environmental protection
a/ To formulate a sustainable and detailed plan on waste management, water management and forest protection and development; to well implement land use plans, develop land funds and rationally distribute population in rural and urban areas; to rationally zone land for economic activities to minimize environmental impacts and prevent natural disasters;
b/ To closely supervise the observance of the law on environmental protection; to study and formulate a regulation allowing the population community to take part in environmental supervision of investment projects and works in the province;
c/ To step up information, communication, dissemination and education activities to raise public awareness about environmental protection and impacts of climate change.
5. Science and technology development
a/ To form and develop a technology market and establish the technology transfer consultancy and service centers to assist enterprises in selecting technologies suitable to local conditions. To renew technologies for enterprises, especially mining and mineral processing enterprises;
b/ To step up promoting technical innovations and inventions in production and business activities and properly implement regulations on industrial property rights; to encourage enterprises to invest in researching and renewing technologies and improving techniques for increasing labor productivity; to closely cooperate with research institutes and universities aiming to well implement research and application into production and living activities;
c/ To attach importance to training, retraining and building a contingent of scientific and technical officers with sufficient quantity and quality assurance, especially a contingent of good experts; to further implement policies on employment and preferential treatment of talents and increase material facilities for scientific and technological activities.
6. Administrative reform and enhancing the state management capacity
a/ To further implement the comprehensive administrative reform, increase the capacity and operation effectiveness of the state administrative apparatus from provincial to grassroots, push back red tape and corruption;
b/ To well do the regulation on democracy, especially democracy at the grassroots, creating a clear, equal and publicity mechanism in state management operation; to expand opportunities to access social services for organizations and individuals.
7. Development cooperation and linkage
To further step up close cooperation and association with the provinces in the northern central region and the whole country in the key sectors as well as in infrastructure operation and development. To raise the effectiveness of cooperation with regional countries, especially Laos, Thailand and ASEAN countries, for developing and exploiting to the utmost the potential and advantages of Cau Treo international border-gate economic zone, Vung Ang economic zone and Vung Ang-Son Duong port.
VII. ORGANIZATION AND SUPERVISION OF IMPLEMENTING THE MASTER PLAN
1. Publication and dissemination of the master plan
To publish and disseminate the master plan on socio-economic development of province by 2020, with a vision till 2050 to Party Committees and administrations at all levels, sectors, mass organizations, enterprises and people in the province, on the basis of the master plan’s contents and objectives.
2. Formulation of action programs
- After the master plan is approved by the Prime Minister, the province should, on the basis of the master plan's objectives, formulate action programs, gradually implement the master plan;
- To concretize the master plan's objectives through 5-year and annual plans for effectively implementing the master plan. To annually assess the implementation of the master plan, on that basis, to review and propose according to the province's competence adjustments and supplements to the master plan in order to suit the province's socio-economic development situation in each period;
- Local administrative levels, sectors, socio-political organizations and people are responsible for inspection and supervision during the implementation of the master plan.
Article 2. The master plan on socio-economic development of Ha Tinh province by 2020, with a vision till 2050 serves as a basis for the formulation, approval and implementation of other master plans (construction master plan; land use zoning and plans and other relevant master plans), and investment projects in Ha Tinh province.
Article 3. To assign the People's Committee of Ha Tinh province to, based on the province's socio-economic development objectives, tasks and orientations in the approved master plan, assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with related ministries and sectors in directing, formulating, approving and implementing the following contents:
1. District-level socio-economic development master plans; construction master plans; land use zoning and plans; and master plans on development of sectors and fields, ensuring comprehensive and synchronic socio-economic development together with development of defense and security.
2. Formulating long-, medium- and short-term plans, key socio-economic development programs and specific projects in order to concentrate on investment and priority for rational capital allocation.
3. Researching to formulate, promulgate or submit to competent state agencies for promulgation (for matters falling beyond its competence) a number of mechanisms and policies which are suitable to the development requirements in each period, aiming to attract and mobilize resources for the implementation of the master plan.
Article 4. Within the ambit of their functions, tasks and powers, relevant ministries and sectors shall:
1. Guide and assist the Ha Tinh People's Committee in implementing the master plan; study, formulate, promulgate or submit to competent authorities for promulgation mechanisms and policies being suitable to the socioeconomic development requirements of Ha Tinh province in each period aiming to effectively use resources; encourage attraction of investment according to the province's socio-economic development objectives and tasks set out in the master plan.
2. Coordinate with the Ha Tinh People's Committee in adjusting and supplementing sector and field master plans for assurance of uniformity and consistency of the master plan; assist the province in mobilizing domestic and foreign investment capital sources for the implementation of the master plan.
Article 5. This Decision takes effect on the date of its signing.
Article 6. The chairperson of the Ha Tinh People's Committee, ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies and heads of government-attached agencies shall implement this Decision.
LIST OF PROJECTS PRIORITIZED FOR INVESTMENT STUDY OF HA TINH PROVINCE DURING 2011 -2020
(Attached together with the Decision No. 1786/QD-TTg of November 27, 2012, of Prime Minister)
NAMES OF PROJECTS
PROJECTS INVESTED BY CENTRAL
Upgrading national highways 1A; 8A; 8B; 12; and 15A (the section from Ha Tinh city to Phuc Dong); building the north-south expressway (the section running through Ha Tinh); and the border corridor road.
Ngan Truoi-Cam Trang irrigation system
Improving Do Diem sluice and Nghen river dike system
PROJECTS MANAGED BY PROVINCE
A road from national highway 1A to Thach Khe iron mine; a coastal road from Nghi Xuan to Ky Anh
Upgrading provincial roads (6, 7, 9, 17, 21, 22, 28 and 70); inter-commune roads and rural traffic system; renovating and upgrading navigable channels and river ports managed by province
Upgrading and renovating La Giang dike system; building Khe Xai and Khe Giao reservoirs; renovating and upgrading reservoirs, river and sea dikes and landslide prevention embankments in important areas; renovating and upgrading aquaculture infrastructure.
ODA projects: Developing agriculture in Ha Tinh; developing coastal submerged forests; supporting the development of irrigated agriculture; coastal resources for sustainable development; restoring and managing protection forests; clean water and environmental hygiene sub-project
Projects: Ha Tinh University, Vung Ang vocational college and Vung Ang technology college projects
Upgrading the province's general hospital; provincial-level specialized hospitals; district-level hospitals; building and upgrading health stations in communes, wards and townships
Building infrastructure of Vung Ang economic zone, Cau Treo international borer-gate economic zone and Ha Tinh - Bolikhamsai border economic cooperation zone
Projects on ground clearance and resettlement in Vung Ang economic zone, Thach Khe iron mine, and Ngan Truoi-Cam Trang irrigation system
Upgrading urban and industrial-park water supply and drainage systems; industrial waste and daily-life water treatment systems
PRODUCTION AND BUSINESS PROJECTS CALLING FOR INVESTMENT
Production and processing of agricultural, forest and aquatic products (rubber, peanut, paddy, rice, meat, aquatic products, deer, medicine and agricultural products)
Building Thach Khe-Vung Ang and Vung Ang-Mu Gia railways; building Vung Ang port (wharves No. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8); Vung Ang I thermo-power plant; Son Duong steel and cast-iron and port complex; exploiting Thach Khe iron mine and plant manufacturing steel from Thach Khe iron ores; Vung Ang II thermo-power plant; Formosa thermo-power plant; plants to manufacture cast iron and steel, pigment, post-steel products, TEU containers, electric tools and equipment, ship blocks, motorcycle components, garments, timber processing, non-baked bricks, glass, coke and fireproof materials, etc.
Technology college; BPO vocational training institutions.
Vung Ang hospital; Hong Linh high-quality hospital
Information and Technology industrial park in Ha Tinh city; optical cable network.
Infrastructure for industrial parks of Gia Lach, Ha Vang, Ha Tan, Dai Kim and Da Mong; infrastructure for industrial complexes of Hong Linh, Duc Tho, Huong Khe and Cam Xuyen; and infrastructure ofr Vung Ang and Son Duong ports
Urban centers in Ha Tinh city, Hong Linh town and Ky Anh-Vung Ang township; projects on houses for workers and laborers in Vung Ang economic zone
Water supply system for Vung Ang economic zone and Loc Ha township; upgrading water supply systems for Ha Tinh city, Hong Linh town and Ky Anh township
Tourist zones of Thien Cam, Xuan Thanh and Ky Ninh; Son Kim thermal spring; eco-tourism in Ke Go Reservoir and Da Mong, and high-grade tourist service system.
Note: The locations, land areas, total investment amounts and investment capital sources for the mentioned-above projects shall be calculated, selected and specified in the stages of formulation and submission for approval of investment projects, depending on the demand for and capacity of balancing and raising investment capital in each period.-
This translation is made by LawSoft and for reference purposes only. Its copyright is owned by LawSoft and protected under Clause 2, Article 14 of the Law on Intellectual Property.Your comments are always welcomed