Nội dung toàn văn Decision No. 2054/QD-TTg approving project of education training health manpower borrowed World’s Bank
THE PRIME MINISTER
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, November 07, 2013
ON APPROVING LIST OF PROJECT OF “EDUCATION AND TRAINING OF HEALTH MANPOWER IN SERVICE OF REFORMING THE HEALTH SYSTEM” FOR LOANS FROM THE WORLD’S BANK
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on organization of Government dated December 25, 2001;
Pursuant to Government’s Decree No. 38/2013/ND-CP dated April 23, 2013, on management and use of official development assistance (ODA) and concessional loans of donors;
At the proposal of the Ministry of Planning and Investment at the report No. 8274/BKHDT-KTDN dated October 23, 2013,
Article 1. To approve the list of project of “Education and training of health manpower in service of reforming the health system” for loans from the World Bank (WB), with the following principal contents:
1. The responsible agency: The Ministry of Health.
2. Duration of implementation: 2014-2019.
3. Objectives of project:
a) General objectives: To increase quality of health manpower education and training, health management and enhance the capacity for initial health care and implement national strategies and policies of the Party and State in development of health system to reach the millennium development goals (MDG) and build new rural areas.
b) Specific objectives:
- Improving the overall quality of health manpower education through the innovation of learning and teaching approach based on capacity and improvement of system to ensure quality of education.
- Improving the capacity for health management and managing the use of health manpower, attaching special importance to supplementation and rotation of qualified health officers to working in difficulty-stricken areas.
- Improving the capacity of health officer contingent in charge of initial health care to meet the national standard of communal health stations and for contribution to new rural programs of health stations meeting national standard and implementing programs on building new rural areas.
4. The project includes 04 parts:
- Part 1: Improving quality of healthcare manpower education at universities and colleges by innovating access to teaching and learning based on capability; Improving education quality assurance system (approximately USD 63 million).
- Part 2: Improving healthcare management and healthcare manpower management (approximately of USD 12 million);
- Part 3: Enhancing effectiveness of initial healthcare by providing training, improving the working conditions and capability of health professionals at district and commune levels (approximately of USD 41 million);
- Part 4: Project management (approximately of USD 5 million).
5. Total funding for project implementation: USD 121 million, including:
- Loan granted by the International Development Association of WB (IDA/WB): USD 106 million
- Loan from non-refundable aid granted by European Union (EU) via WB: USD 10 million
- Reciprocal capital: USD 5 million
6. Domestic finance mechanism: 100% covered
Article 2. The Ministry of Health shall receive comments of relevant agencies, complete documentation of the project, and approve the project and organize the implementation of this project in accordance with current regulations.
Article 3. The State bank of Vietnam shall complete procedures established by WB to negotiate the Agreement on loan for this project under schedule.
Article 4. This decision takes effect on the day of its signing.
Ministers of: Planning and Investment, Health, Finance, Foreign Affairs, Justice, the Governor of the State bank of Vietnam and heads of relevant agencies and units shall implement this Decision.
FOR THE PRIME MINISTER
This translation is made by LawSoft, for reference only. LawSoft is protected by copyright under clause 2, article 14 of the Law on Intellectual Property. LawSoft always welcome your comments