Nội dung toàn văn Decision No. 42/2015/QD-TTg establishment southeast Quang Tri economic zone
THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, September 16, 2015
ON THE ESTABLISHMENT OF SOUTHEAST QUANG TRI ECONOMIC ZONE, QUANG TRI PROVINCE
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to November 26, 2014 Law No. 67/2014/QH13 on Investment;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 29/2008/ND-CP of March 14, 2008, prescribing industrial parks, export processing zones and economic zones, and Decree No. 164/2013/ND-CP of November 12, 2013, amending and supplementing a number of articles of Decree No. 29/2008/ND-CP;
At the proposal of the Minister of Planning and Investment and the People’s Committee of Quang Tri province,
The Prime Minister promulgates the Decision on the establishment of Southeast Quang Tri economic zone, Quang Tri province.
Article 1. To establish Southeast Quang Tri economic zone, Quang Tri province
1. Southeast Quang Tri economic zone is located in the southeast of Quang Tri province, embracing 17 communes and townships which are Hai Anh, Hai Ba, Hai Vinh, Hai Que, Hai Khe, and Hai Duong (Hai Lang rural district); Trieu An, Trieu Phuoc, Trieu Van, Trieu Trach, Trieu Lang and Trieu Son (Trieu Phong rural district); and Gio Quang, Gio Mai, Gio Hai, Gio Viet and Cua Viet township (Gio Linh rural district).
The economic zone has a total land area of 23,792 hectares with its geographical boundary delimited as follows:
- To the north, it borders on Trung Giang commune, Gio Linh rural district.
- To the south, it borders on Phong Dien rural district, Thua Thien Hue province.
- To the east, it borders on the East Sea.
- To the west, it borders on national highway 49C.
2. Southeast Quang Tri economic zone has functional areas such as industrial park, administrative area, residential area, tourist area, service area and port area. The size and location of each functional area shall be determined in the Prime Minister-approved general construction plan for Southeast Quang Tri economic zone.
Article 2. Major development objectives of Southeast Quang Tri economic zone
1. To tap to the utmost advantages in terms of natural conditions and geo-economic and geo-politic position in international and domestic trade and service activities to promote the socio-economic development of Quang Tri province and the Central Region in order to contribute to narrowing the gap between the region and other regions in the country, and closely combine investment attraction and economic development with national defense and security assurance.
2. To build and develop Southeast Quang Tri economic zone into a multi-purpose, multi-sectorial and crucially positioned economic zone of Quang Tri province, a key development pole of the Central Region, an international trade center, a center for agro-forestry-fisheries product processing, construction material production, electricity generation, tourism and trade in services, and a big seaport of the Central Region; to develop urban centers and other industries in association with the East- West Economic Corridor; and to build a system of synchronous and modern infrastructure and civilized and advanced-architectural urban centers.
3. To form spearhead industrial, tourist, service and agricultural sub-sectors and products of high quality and high competitiveness so as to create conditions and resources for long-term development of Quang Tri province and the Central Region.
4. To create jobs, train and improve the quality of human resources, and raise income for laborers.
Article 3. Operation of, mechanisms and policies applicable to, and management of, Southeast Quang Tri economic zone
The operation, mechanisms and policies applicable to, and management of, Southeast Quang Tri economic zone must comply with the Law on Investment, the Law on Enterprises, the Government’s
Decree No. 29/2008/ND-CP of March 14, 2008, prescribing industrial parks, export processing zones and economic zones, Decree No. 164/2013/ND-CP of November 12, 2013, amending and supplementing a number of articles of Decree No. 29/2008/ND-CP and other relevant legal documents.
Article 4. Implementation provisions
1. This Decision takes effect on November 5, 2015.
2. Ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies, heads of government-attached agencies and the chairperson of the People’s Committee of Quang Tri province shall implement this Decision.-