Nội dung toàn văn Decision No. 60/2011/QD-TTg providing a number of policies on preschool educatio
THE PRIME MINISTER
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Hanoi, October 26, 2011
PROVIDING A NUMBER OF POLICIES ON PRESCHOOL EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT DURING 2011-2015
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the June 15, 2004 Law on Protection, Care for and Education of Children;
Pursuant to the June 14, 2005 Law on Education; and the November 25, 2009 Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Law on Education;
Pursuant to the XIIth National Assembly's Resolution No. 35/2009/QH12 of June 19, 2009, on guidelines and orientations for renewing some financial mechanisms applicable to education and training from the 2010-2011 school year to the 2014-2015 school year;
At the proposal of the Minister of Education and Training,
Article 1. Scope of regulation and subjects of application
1. This Decision provides for a number of policies on preschool education development during 2011-2015, including policies for children, policies for teachers and policies for preschool education institutions.
2. This Decision applies to children at preschool education institutions, preschool teachers, preschool education institutions and related organizations and individuals.
Article 2. A number of policies on preschool education development
1. For children:
a/ Preschool children aged 5 are eligible for support policies provided in the Prime Minister's Decision No. 239/QD-TTg of February 9, 2010, approving the Scheme on universalization of preschool education for five-year-old children during 2010-2015.
b/ Preschool children of ethnic minorities are eligible for the policies provided in the Prime Minister's Decision No. 2123/QD-TTg of November 22, 2010, approving the Scheme on education development for ethnic minorities during 2010-2015.
c/ Preschool children aged 3 or 4, whose parents permanently reside in border, high-mountain and island communes or communes and mountain villages meeting with exceptional difficulties, or whose households are poor as specified, or being orphans or handicapped and meeting with economic difficulties, are eligible for a state budget support of VND 120,000 per month during their actual learning period, which must not exceed 9 months in a year, for their lunches at school.
2. For teachers:
a/ Teachers (including principals and deputy principals) working under contracts in public or people-founded preschool education institutions which enjoy state budget supports for paying teacher salaries according to preschool teacher scales and tables may have their salaries raised on a periodical basis, pay insurance premiums and enjoy social insurance, unemployment insurance and health insurance and other entitlements and policies like teachers of the same qualifications currently working in public preschool education institutions.
b/ Preschool teachers working in people-founded preschool education institutions may enjoy state supports for expenses for their political knowledge and professional qualification training.
3. For preschool education institutions:
a/ Local People's Committees shall plan land areas and allocate or lease land or lease physical foundations for development of preschool education institution networks, meeting growing needs for care for, nurturing and education of preschool children, and suiting characteristics of each locality.
b/ The State invests through the Program on solidification of classrooms and schools and public-duty houses for teachers, and concurrently integrates it with national target programs on education and other funding sources for building physical foundations of public preschool education institutions towards solidity, standardization and modernity, assuring sufficient classrooms, functional rooms, playgrounds and equipment, tools and toys up to standards and current regulations. Priority will be given to founding and building new public preschool education institutions in rural areas, communes and mountain villages meeting with exceptional difficulties, communes in mountainous, border, remote and deep-lying areas and low-income communes and wards of cities and provincial towns.
c/ Preferential land, credit and tax policies shall be implemented to promote the development of non-public preschool education institutions and classes, especially in industrial parks, export processing zones and densely populated areas.
4. Funds for implementation
- The state budget plays the leading role in funding the implementation of the policies on preschool education development during 2011-2015, including: regular budget expenditures for education and training, investment capital for concentrated capital construction, national target programs, government bond capital and ODA capital.
- School fee.
- Aid, financial supports and donations of organizations and individuals at home and abroad.
- Capital contributions of organizations and individuals for building, renovation, expansion or upgrading of physical foundations of preschool education institutions.
- Preferential loans provided by banks and credit institutions.
- Other lawful sources.
Article 3. Organization of implementation
1. Responsibilities of ministries and sectors
a/ The Ministry of Education and Training:
- To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Home Affairs and the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment in, guiding localities in implementing this Decision.
- To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with Ministry of Planning and Investment and the Ministry of Finance in, elaborating the Scheme on solidification of schools, classrooms and public-duty houses for teachers during 2012-2015, prioritizing investment in building preschool education physical foundations, institutions and classes; elaborating schemes and projects on investment in preschool education under the national target program on education during 2011-2015, then submitting them to the Ministry of Planning and Investment for submission to the Prime Minister for consideration and approval.
- To balance and prioritize annual budget funds for preschool education.
- To organize, inspect, appraise and summarize results of implementation of this Decision and annually report them to the Prime Minister.
b/ The Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs:
- To coordinate with the Ministry of Education and Training, ministries and central sectors and localities in stepping up communication and mobilization for people's participation in the exercise of children's rights and the policies on preschool education development and the protection of children's right to be cared for and educated under the Program on preschool education.
- To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Education and Training in, directing and supervising the implementation of social and health insurance regimes and other social policies toward teachers and children of preschool age.
c/ The Ministry of Home Affairs:
- To coordinate with the Ministry of Education and Training and related ministries and sectors in studying and revising mechanisms and policies toward preschool education teachers and administrators in schools of all types.
- To coordinate with the Ministry of Education and Training in elaborating and promulgating documents on working positions in preschool institutions and working regimes applicable to preschool teachers under the Law on Public Employees and in compliance with current regulations.
d/ The Ministry of Finance:
- To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Education and Training in, assuring funds for implementation of the policies on preschool education development during 2011-2015.
- To coordinate with other agencies in guiding localities in implementing this Decision.
e/ The Ministry of Planning and Investment:
- To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Education and Training, the Ministry of Finance and other agencies in, incorporating the appraisal of projects on implementation of the policies on preschool education development in the national target program on education during 2011-2015, then submitting them to the Prime Minister for approval.
- To assume the prime responsibility for balancing and planning the allocation of investment capital for preschool education development to localities for implementation under regulations; to adopt solutions to mobilizing domestic and foreign investors to invest in preschool education.
f/ The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment:
To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Education and Training and related ministries in, directing localities in allocating land areas for building or expanding preschool education institutions and classes in compliance with current regulations.
g/ The State Bank of Vietnam:
To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Education and Training in, elaborating and directing the implementation of preferential credit policies for preschool education institutions, organizations and individuals building physical foundations for preschool education.
h/ Related ministries and sectors shall coordinate with one another in implementing the policies on preschool education development on the basis of their respective assigned functions and tasks.
2. Responsibilities of provincial-level People's Committees:
a/ To direct the finalization of the master plan on preschool education institutions and classes, assuring the maximum enrollment of children to preschool classes under the Prime Minister's Decision No. 239/QD-TTg of February 9,2010.
To allocate minimum land areas as required by preschool statutes for preschool education development.
b/ To assure adequate labor norms for teaches and staffs of preschool education institutions, and implement regimes and policies for teachers as currently provided by the State.
c/ To balance and elaborate plans on allocation of state budget funds for preschool education institutions under approved plans, and at the same time to devise measures to encourage and mobilize investors and economic sectors to invest in preschool education.
d/ To promulgate local policies to promote preschool education development in their localities. To direct and supervise the quality of preschool education.
Article 4. Effect
This Decision takes effect on December 15, .2011. This Decision replaces the Prime Minister's Decision No. 161/2002/QD-TTg of November 15, 2002, on a number of policies on preschool education development. Other current policies on preschool education contrary to this Decision are now annulled.
Article 5. Implementation responsibility
Ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies, heads of government-attached agencies and chairpersons of provincial-level People's Committees shall implement this Decision.-
FOR THE PRIME MINISTER