Nội dung toàn văn Decision No. 719/QD-TTg on the support policy for prevention, combat
THE PRIME MINISTER
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, June 05, 2008
ON THE SUPPORT POLICY FOR PREVENTION, COMBAT OF EPIDEMIC DISEASE OF CATTLE, POULTRY
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of Government dated December 25, 2001;
At the proposal of Minister of Finance at the Document No.43/TTr-BTC dated May 02, 2008,
Article 1. State Budget supports funding for prevention, combat of epidemic disease of cattle, poultry, including foot and mouth disease in cattle, blue ear disease and bird flu with the contents and levels of support as follows:
1. Direct support for the livestock husbandry owners (including households, individuals, farms, cooperatives, livestock husbandry facilities at central, local and military units) with cattle, poultry required to be destroyed by suffering epidemic disease or in epidemic areas required to be destroyed with the rate of destruction equivalent to 70% value of commercial products of cattle and poultry of the producers on the market. Support levels are specific as follows:
a. Support for 25,000 VND/kg for pigs.
b. Support for 30,000 VND/kg for buffaloes, cows, goats, sheep, deer, elks.
c. Support for 23,000 VND/poultry (chickens, ducks, and geese).
2. Support for epidemic prevention, combat as follows:
a. Support for people directly participating in vaccination with the average rate for a time of injection: 1,000 VND/a pig; 2,000 VND/a buffalo, a cow; 100 VND/a poultry. In case the remuneration according to time of injection less than 50,000 VND/person/day, it shall be paid equal to 50,000 VND/person/day.
b. The actual cost of the destruction of cattle and poultry got epidemic diseases or in the epidemic region required to be destroyed; cattle, poultry, and its products required to be destroyed by the forces of anti-smuggling and animal quarantine station in accordance with the law provisions on veterinary medicine.
c. The cost of chemicals of all types for disinfection, sterilization, sanitation of cages, environment; purchase of protective clothing for participants in prevention, combat of epidemic.
d. Support for vets and those directly participating in the task of prevention, combat of epidemic to destroy cattle and poultry (including cattle, poultry, and its products required to be destroyed by the forces of anti-smuggling and animal quarantine station); spray of chemicals for disinfection, sterilization and serve at the animal quarantine checkpoints. Maximum expense is 50,000 VND/person/day for working day and 100,000 VND/person/ day for days off, holidays, Tet.
đ. Funding for propaganda, inspection, directing of prevention, combat of epidemic; purchase of equipment and utensils for the detection examination, diagnosis of epidemic disease and prevention, combat of epidemic in accordance with provisions and guidance of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
Article 2. State budget supports for the facilities breeding cattle, poultry as breeds managed by the central and local government as follows:
1. Supports 100% of feed of raising herds of cattle, poultry as original breeds, breeds for keeping rare and precious cattle, poultry’s gene pool during the epidemic (applies only to the herds of breeds in the period of production and exploitation and according to the number of original breeds, breeds for keeping rare and precious cattle, poultry’s gene pool assigned duties of raising for the livestock husbandry facilities by the competent State management agencies) due to may not consume the product.
2. Support funding for prevention, combat of epidemic during the epidemic in the area announced by the competent authorities in accordance with the law provisions on veterinary medicine, including the costs of purchasing equipment, supplies and tools, disinfectants, sterilization; protective clothing and training for participants in prevention, combat of epidemic.
Article 3. The principles of support and source of funding for prevention, combat of epidemic:
1. The state budget funds for prevention and combat of epidemic since the date of decision on announcement of epidemic till declaration of epidemic termination by the competent state agencies. Particularly, funding for prevention, combat of birds flu, the state budget supports during and after the epidemic in accordance with provisions of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
2. Support from the central budget for the following localities:
a. For the mountainous provinces, Central Highlands, support for 80% of funding of prevention, combat of epidemic.
b. For the provinces of Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, Ha Tinh, Quang Binh, Quang Tri, Quang Nam, Phu Yen, Khanh Hoa, Quang Ngai, Ninh Thuan, Binh Thuan, Ben Tre, Tra Vinh, Soc Trang and Hau Giang, support for 70% of funding for prevention, combat of epidemic.
c. Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh Cities actively use local budget reserves to implement.
d. For the remaining provinces, and cities, support for 60% of funding for prevention, combat of epidemic.
3. In addition to funding supported from central government under the provisions at the Points a, b, d, Clause 2 of this Article, the rest of the provinces and cities directly under the Central Government must actively allocate from local budget to implement.
4. For the localities with a number of cattle, poultry of major destruction, if the local budget for assurance is in excess of 50% of local budget reserves allocated by the Prime Minister, the central budget will add the difference in excess of 50% of local budget reserves for the provinces and cities to be sufficient funds for implementation.
5. For the localities that costs incurred for the prevention, combat of epidemic disease are not much (less than 1,000 million VND), the provinces and cities actively use local budgets for implementation.
6. Cost for the prevention, combat of epidemic disease of the central force of veterinaries is used from funds for prevention, combat of epidemic already allocated in the annual State budget estimate of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
Article 4. On loans of livestock husbandry owners
1. Debt freezing in a period of two years (Breeding buffaloes, cows, goats, sheep, deer, elks), one year (pigs and poultry) for outstanding balance to the date of epidemic publication in the locality that the livestock husbandry owners lent from the commercial banks, the credit institutions licensed to operate in accordance with the law provisions for breeding prior to the epidemic, but suffered from the epidemic disease caused by cattle, poultry.
The credit institutions do not collect debt from loan interest incurred during the period of debt freezing for the debt balance to be frozen and calculated for reducing pre-tax profit equal to the interest which the credit institutions may not be obtained.
2. Livestock husbandry owners are being frozen their debts as stipulated in Clause 1 of this Article if they wish to loan for restoring livestock husbandry or changing their occupations, they may continue to loan under the laws.
Article 5. Organization of implementation
1. The Ministry of Finance shall preside over and coordinate with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and other relevant agencies to guide the implementation of Article 1, Article 2 and Article 3 of this Decision. Pursuant to the provisions of this Decision and the local budgets actually spent for the prevention, combat of epidemic disease of cattle and poultry, the Ministry of Finance considers to support from the annual central budget reserves for each locality, the livestock husbandry facilities of original breeds managed by the central authorities and periodically report to the Prime Minister on the results of performance.
2. The State Bank of Vietnam shall preside over and coordinate with the Ministry of Finance to guide the implementation of Article 4 of this Decision.
3. The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development is responsible for specifying the conditions of the destruction for cattle, poultry got disease required to be destroyed, the materials and chemicals for the destruction; and coordinating with Ministry of Finance to determine specifically funding to support the livestock husbandry facilities of original breeds managed by the central authorities under the provisions of Article 2 of this Decision.
4. Chairmen of People's Committees of provinces and cities under central authority shall:
a. Based on local realities, levels and sources of support funding according to the provisions in this Decision to determine the levels of direct support for people breeding cattle, poultry destroyed; level of remuneration for veterinaries and those directly participating in the task of preventing and combating epidemics; the vaccination support levels; levels of supporting the livestock husbandry facilities of original breeds managed by the local authorities.
b. Implement publication of policy and levels of support on the mass media and in the villages, communes ensuring direct assistance to livestock husbandry owners affected; funding for prevention, combat of epidemic and the levels of remuneration for the forces participating in prevention, combat of epidemic as prescribed; using funding to support in the right purposes and efficiently, not to waste and loss and let negative issues occur.
c. Actively use local budget reserves and lawful financial resources to carry out the prevention, combat of epidemic disease of cattle, poultry and support for each livestock husbandry owner having cattle, poultry destroyed; timely synthesize, report, and propose the Finance Ministry to fund (support from the central budget) for implementation.
d. End of a wave of epidemic or end of year; report to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Ministry of Finance the results of prevention and combat of epidemic disease of cattle and poultry for synthesizing and reporting to the Prime Minister.
Article 6. Effect
1. This Decision takes effect from its signing date.
2. The policies to support prevention and combat of epidemic disease of cattle and poultry defined in this Decision are made from January 01, 2008.
3. This Decision replaces the following Decisions of the Prime Minister: Decision No.309/2005/QD-TTg dated November 26, 2005 on funding the prevention, combat of bird flu; Decision No.132/2007/QD-TTg dated August 15, 2007 on the supplement, amendment of some Articles of Decision No.309/2005/QD-TTg of November 26, 2005, Decision No.1037/QD-TTg dated August 15, 2007 on the funding of the prevention, combat of blue ear disease in pigs and Decision No.738/QD-TTg dated May 18, 2006 on funding of prevention and combat of foot and mouth disease in cattle.
Article 7. The ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies, heads of Governmental agencies, Chairmen of People’s Committees of provinces and cities directly under the Central Government shall implement this Decision./.
This translation is made by LawSoft, for reference only. LawSoft is protected by copyright under clause 2, article 14 of the Law on Intellectual Property. LawSoft always welcome your comments