Nội dung toàn văn Decision No. 795/QD-TTg 2013 plan on socio-economic development in the Red River delta area
THE PRIME MINISTER
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, May 23, 2013
APPROVING THE MASTER PLAN ON SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT IN THE RED RIVER DELTA AREA THROUGH 2020
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government, dated December 25, 2001;
Pursuant to the Government's Decree No. 92/2006/ND-CP dated September 07, 2006, on the formulation, approval and management of master plans on socio-economic development; and Government's Decree No. 04/2008/ND-CP of January 11, 2008, on amending and supplementing a number of articles of Government's Decree No. 92/2006/ND-CP;
At the proposal of the Ministry of Planning and Investment,
Article 1. To approve the master plan on socio-economic development in the Red River delta area through 2020, with the following principal contents:
I. POSITION, ROLE
The Red River delta area includes 11 provinces and centrally run cities: Hanoi, Hai Phong, Hai Duong, Bac Ninh, Vinh Phuc, Hung Yen, Thai Binh, Nam Dinh, Ha Nam, Ninh Binh and Quang Ninh, it is the East Sea gateway to the world and one of bridges directly linking two dynamic development regions including Southeast Asia and Northeast Asia.
The Red River delta area has a crowded population and a long-term development history associated with national construction and defense. In addition, it has Hanoi Capital and important provinces and cities such as Hai Phong city and Quang Ninh province which create for it an important position and role and to be a major political, economic, cultural and scientific-technological center of the country. With central agencies, executive centers of many major economic groups, and big training, research and application institutions and centers of the country, the Red River delta area has been and will continue playing a special important position and role in the national development.
II. DEVELOPMENT VIEWPOINTS
- To conduct the region’s socio-economic development in conformity with the national socio-economic development strategy and the national master plans on sectoral and field development in an open manner toward with ability of deeper and wider international integration and close connection with other regions in the country.
- To make the best use of the region’s advantages to increase growth and competitiveness, in association with sustainable development. To prioritize the focused development of a number of spearhead sectors which are able to motivate and lead other sectors’ development and create specific brand names for the region’s products.
- To be the country’s leading area in restructuring economy toward green growth and low emission in accordance with the condition of climate change and rise of sea level.
- To quickly develop all economic sectors, clearly increase income of laborers and residents’ life quality; to closely combine between the economic development with assurance of defense and security, and maintaining the nation’s sovereignty.
- To ensure the harmony between economic development with conservation, embellishment and promoting traditional cultural values and natural heritages, life safety demands, and social order and safety.
III. DEVELOPMENT OBJECTIVES
1. Overall objectives
To build the Red River delta area into the country’s leading area in carrying out “strategic breakthroughs”, restructure the economy, successfully renovate growth model, become the country’s motive force of economic development, play a great role in the national industrialization and modernization and contribute in increasing Vietnam’s position in the international arena; to ensure the close combination between economic development with social life safety, firmly maintain all-people defense posture, people’s security and social order and safety.
2. Specific objectives
a) Regarding economy:
- To increase the region’s contribution proportion to the national GDP from 24.7% in 2010 up to 26.6% by 2015 and 28.7% by 2020; and the region’s contribution proportion to the national export up to 32.5% by 2015 and 35.0% by 2020. And by 2020, all localities in the region will strive to submit to the central budget.
- To increase the average per-capita income up to USD 2,500 by 2015 and about USD 4,180 by 2020 (equal to 1.3 times of the national average level). Labor productivity by 2020 will be at least 2.3 times in comparison with 2010.
- To strive for the proportion of agriculture in the region’s GDP reaching 7-7.5%; the proportion of industry and construction reaching 45-47%; and the proportion of services reaching 46-48% by 2020.
- To strive for the export turnover increasing 16-18% per annum during the planning period. To step by step approach balance of imports and exports and reach an average export surplus of USD 3-4 billion per annum.
- The technological renovation rate will be about 20% per annum.
b) Regarding culture and society:
- The region’s population will be about 20.8 million persons by 2015; about more than 21.7 million persons by 2020 (the region’s average population growth will be about 0.93% per annum during 2011-2020).
- To generate jobs for 300-350 thousand laborers. To strive to raise the target of rate of trained laborers in the region up to 80% and raise the proportion of laborers with professional technical qualifications (diplomas) up to more than 40% by 2020.
- To reduce the average rate of poor households for about 2% per annum and raise the average per capita income of poor households to 3.5 times.
- To build a number of typical cultural works of national scale in Hanoi Capital and some major cities in the region. To strive for, by 2015, 100% of provinces and centrally run cities in the region having adequate cultural institutions; and by 2020. 95-100% of districts and towns having cultural houses and libraries; 85-90% of communes and townships having cultural houses; and 65-70% of villages having cultural houses.
- By 2015, in the region, 100% of special national relics, and 80% of national relics; and by 2020, 88% of national relics will be restored and embellished.
c) Regarding environmental protection: To basically overcome environmental pollution in both rural and urban areas, ensure sustainability during the development process. By 2020, to strive to process more than 95% of urban solid waste and more than 95% of medical waste; more than 85% the operating industrial parks and export processing zones will have the concentrated sewage treatment systems satisfying environmental standards.
d) Regarding security and defense:
- To firmly ensure the all-people defense posture and people’s security in all fronts. To complete infrastructure for defense and security satisfying the battle requirements as necessary.
- To push up the propagation, education and mobilization of people to strictly observe the State’s laws aiming to limit and push back traffic accidents and labor accidents; educate and build new cultural lifestyles in residential communities.
IV. ORIENTATIONS FOR SECTORAL AND FIELD DEVELOPMENT
1. Service, trade and tourism development
- To prioritize development of high - quality services in transport, consultation, design, invention, finance-banking, telecommunications, education-training, high-quality medical treatment, trade, tourism and science-technology. To strive for the growth of the service sector during 2011-2020 reaching about 10% per annum.
- To develop the warehouse and yard systems according to international standards in association with highways, coastal roads, and border-gate routes and port systems so as to form a warehousing service network and promote international commercial intercourse.
- By 2020, to strive to reach 25-30% of public passengers, who will be transported by modern manner and smart traffic of both railway and road.
- To develop a modem telecom infrastructure, expand the high-quality broadband coverage on a large area. By 2020, the rate of fixed telephone lines will reach 35-40 lines per 100 wires, 80- 85 % of households will have fixed telephones, the broadband Internet subscription rate will be 35-40 subscribers per 100 people, rate of households having access to the Internet will be more than 65%, the internet users will be more than 70% of the population.
- To expand the network of trade centers and supermarkets in urban areas in the region, invest in and upgrade the infrastructure of agricultural and fishery product wholesale markets in concentrated production areas, trade centers, and exhibition and fair centers in large-scale urban areas. To complete the e-commerce system and the system of trade transaction information provision to serve international integration demand.
- To develop sound banking-finance services toward modernizing and diversifying service organizational structures and types. To develop Hanoi to become a prestigious finance-banking center in the region.
- To develop tourism to become the region’s spearhead industry. To invest in construction of some key national tourism zones with international stature. To strive to attract about 17-18 million arrivals domestic tourists by 2015; and 3.2-3.5 million arrivals of international tourists by 2015, 24-25 million arrivals domestic tourists and about 4.5-5 million arrivals of international tourists by 2020.
2. Regarding industrial development
- To concentrate on development of industries with ability to promote the competitive edges, comparative advantages, a high value of localization and ability to join deeply into the global value chain such as electronics, information technology, telecommunications, machinery manufacturing; ship and maritime means repair and building; high-quality steel and new construction materials; chemicals - pharmaceuticals, food processing, garments- textiles, leather and footwear.
- To raise the proportion of hi-tech products’ value in processing industries up to more than 35% by 2015 and more than 60% by 2020. To strive to raise the proportion of localization for major industrial products up to 50% by 2020.
- To prioritize the intensive development of electronics industry and information technology, mechanical engineering, ship and maritime means building and repair, and high-quality and specialized steel manufacture. To expand the scale of pharmaceutical industry, and agricultural, forestry, fisheries and food processing industries associated with material areas.
- To develop garments-textiles, leather and footwear for export and domestic consumption, push up development of the supporting industries such as yam, thread making, dyeing, and model product design for gradually shifting from processing to localization manufacture of products by 2020.
- To prioritize investment projects which have large scale and less labor- intensive, manufacture the hi-tech, clean-tech, high-added value and environmentally friendly products.
- To concentrate on mobilizing and attracting investors for development of existing industrial parks and clusters; development of industrial parks and clusters of mechanical engineering, building and repairing ships and maritime means satisfying domestic demand in Hai Phong, Quang Ninh and Nam Dinh.
3. Regarding rural and agricultural development
- To concentrate on agricultural development with clean and environmentally friendly products, high yield, big value, and export ability; concurrently, stabilize the land fund to serve for the national food security target.
- To concentrate on intensive cultivation of specialty rice, vegetables, flowers and plants in winter crops; to develop pig and poultry farming with an industrial scale; aquaculture of freshwater, brackish water aquatic products, and cultivation of sea products on sea. To apply technical standards, advance technologies, high technologies, and modernize managerial work aiming to raise the industrial production value per hectare up to more than VND 100 million by 2020.
- To invest in, protect and develop forests, especially protective forests. To plant scattered trees, and conduct the environmental protection in large urban areas and coastal mangrove forests aiming to combine with tourism and convalescence development.
- To continue effectively implementing the new countryside building program, attach special importance to development of traditional craft villages and eco-tourism with agricultural and handicraft products for export carrying typical characteristics of localities.
4. Development of cultural – social fields
- Education-training: To invest in construction of a number of high-quality universities satisfying international standards in Hanoi; to strive to reach the number of 5 tertiary students per 100 people by 2020. To concentrate on training newly and retraining at high qualification for electronics, machinery manufacturing, electricity, material production, banking, tourism, telecommunications, and supporting industries.
- Health - people’s health care: To push up the socialization of medical examination and treatment and healthcare services, to overcome the overload at central hospitals, and synchronously develop the system of preventive medical establishments. To prioritize the upgrading of the Hanoi Medical University, the Hanoi University of Pharmacy, and key medical research institutes in the region.
- Culture, sports and physical training: By 2020, to strive to complete some cultural and sport facilities of national and continental levels carrying typical characteristics of the region’s culture, satisfy conditions for the organization of continental and international contests. To synchronously invest in the system of cultural and sport institutions at all levels and entertainment sites for children in Hanoi and other provinces in the region.
- To reduce poverty, create jobs and ensure social welfares: To attach special importance to create jobs, improve jobs’ quality, and increase income for laborers. To develop the system of social welfare, diversify forms of social aid and relief. To implement the programs of social houses, houses for objects earning low and middle income, first of all in Hanoi and some major cities in the region.
5. Infrastructure development
- To synchronously develop the system of economic and social infrastructure to serve as momentums for the region’s socio-economic development. To closely combine investment in irrigation infrastructure with transport, and development of network of urban areas and rural residential spots.
a) Regarding transport development
- Roads: To complete the construction of the system of expressways aiming to link the economic, commercial and service centers in the region with whole country; axes linking zones, roads linking provinces, coastal roads linking with sea dikes and sea ports. To invest in completing national highway sections in the region; the linking axes, Ho Chi Minh road; main roads out and into Hanoi; radial axes, intersections on national highways, bypasses, belt roads and big bridges in Hanoi.
- Airports: To renovate terminal T1 of Noi Bai Airport, complete the new construction of terminal T2 with a capacity of up to 25 million passenger arrivals and 0.5 million tons of cargo per annum before 2015; and 50 million passenger arrivals per annum and 2 million tons of cargo per annum by 2020. To upgrade and develop the Cat Bi and Gia Lam Airports.
- Seaports: To build a synchronous seaport system, towards modem, with a regional stature, of which center will be the Hai Phong and Quang Ninh port cluster. To concentrate on developing the Hai Phong seaport (Lach Huyen) into an international gateway port, meeting international and regional shipping demands.
- Railways: To prioritize the upgrade and modernization of the existing railway system; develop elevated railways in Hanoi Capital. To study plans to invest in building express railway lines from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City, Lao Cai, Hai Phong and Lang Son. To strive to reach 35% of passengers using public transport in Hanoi’s urban area, 15-20% in Hai Phong and other urban areas by 2020,
- Waterways: To upgrade and build newly a number of major ports and cargo and passenger wharves along the Red river, Thai Binh river, and other inland waterway routes in the region; and upgrade ports servicing for inland waterway routes.
b) Power supply infrastructure: To invest in construction of power works and power supply networks in conformity with the electricity development master plan 7. To prioritize investment in plants with capacity of 1,000 MW or more. To develop a synchronous power transmission network in line with the schedule of power plants’ operation. To study the application of a smart power network with modem technologies in interconnection with national and regional countries’ power grids system.
c) Infrastructure for water supply, drainage and environmental sanitation
To step by step make investment to ensure the water supply to urban and industrial areas in the whole region. To strive for 90% of grade-III or higher urban areas and 70% of grade-IV urban areas to have access to clean water supply by 2015; and 90% of grade-IV or higher urban areas, and 70% of grade-V urban areas to have access to clean water by 2020;
To invest in construction of a number of hazardous solid waste treatment facilities for the entire region and in localities. To build the garbage classification and treatment facilities in cities, towns, industrial parks and craft villages. To build the solid waste and medical waste treatment facilities in all localities.
To deal with regular inundation in rainy season in grade-II or higher urban areas, collect and treat about 85% of total urban daily-life solid waste quantity by 2015 and 90% by 2020; and to ensure that grade-IV or higher urban areas will not be regularly flooded in rainy season.
d) Irrigation infrastructure
To consolidate and repair the river and sea dike system, pump stations, and works for salinity intrusion prevention, flood water discharge, fresh water retention and drainage adaptable to the conditions of climate change and sea level rise. To concentrate on investment to upgrade a number of key irrigation systems such as Bac Hung Hai, Nhue River, Bac Nam Ha, northern Duong River; to upgrade irrigation works to ensure water supply for irrigation and restructuring agricultural economy; to invest in construction of small irrigation works in mountainous areas and islands to create water source in serve of people’s daily life and production demand in association with program on hunger eradication and poverty reduction, population stabilization and security and defense assurance.
To elaborate plans to ensure the safety of people’s lives and property in areas zoned for hydropower reservoirs’ tentative flood water discharge when necessary for the safety assurance of Hanoi Capital and other provinces and cities in the region.
6. Environmental protection
- To prioritize development of sectors applying the clean production mechanism and advance technologies with low energy consumption and low emission. To step up socialization of environmental protection services.
- To strengthen inspection and supervision of implementation of environmental protection commitments by industrial production and tourism establishments, to implement environmental audit and apply economic and administrative tools in environmental protection management over projects.
- To implement the environmental zoning and the integrated management of river basins and coastal areas, to prevent risks relating to sea transport such as oil spill, leak of hazardous chemicals...
7. Combining socio-economic development with defense and security
- To region off and build defense economic zones, closely combine the two strategic tasks of socio-economic development, defense and security consolidation, to increase defense potential such as building all-people defense and people’s security posture, and to be ready to frustrate plots and tricks of hostile forces.
- To ensure the close coordination and combination among ministries, sectors and localities during carrying out socio-economic development tasks and construction of key defense-economic zones, defense works and solid provincial defense areas.
V. ORIENTATIONS FOR ORGANIZATION OF DEVELOPMENT SPACE
1. Orientations for land use
- To strengthen land management under the motto of effective exploitation and economical use of land, limitation to the utmost of the conversion of agricultural land into non-agricultural land. To well implement the allocation of land to organizations, households and individuals for stable and permanent use in accordance with the State’s regulations under the principles of publicity and legal strictness assurance for land use rights of organizations and individuals.
2. Development of urban system
- To build urban system and new urban areas towards civilization and modernity in association with development of industry and services on the basis of ensuring the harmonious development of the northern and southern sub-regions of the Red River delta.
- To attach importance to the reasonable development according to the height of industrial parks and new urban areas to ensure land thrift and eco-environment preservation. To closely combine urban development, especially in coastal urban areas like Hai Phong and Quang Ninh, with the assurance of security, defense and social safety.
- To develop Hanoi city with a population of about 7.9-8.0 million people by 2020, to become a wealthy, beautiful, civilized, modem and typical regional center of the country, ensure the performance of its function as a big political, cultural, scientific, technological, commercial and economic center of the country, on the basis of assignment and cooperation to form a reasonable system of urban areas, industrial parks and economic corridors which is the “backbone” for development of whole region.
- To develop the Hanoi Capital region with about 13.5 million people by 2020, in association with development of a number of satellite urban areas toward the west and south to belt road 4; and toward the north to Me Linh and Dong Anh areas; at the east to Gia Lam and Long Bien areas.
- To develop Hai Phong city (with a population of about 2.2 million people by 2020, including about 1.5 million inner city residents, to become into a gateway for economic integration of the whole northern region with priorities given to investment in improving infrastructures, including seaports, airports, road and railway lines and axes linked with Hanoi capital and major economic centers in the region.
- To develop Ha Long city into the region’s specific sea city with a population of about 630 thousand people by 2020, closely linked with other coastal urban areas of the region by the Ha Long-Van Don-Hai Ha-Mong Cai national dynamic economic belt.
- To develop Hai Duong city (with scale of more than 350 thousand people by 2020) into a central urban center with the main function of developing industry, concurrently undertaking a part of the region’s scientific research and technological transfer services.
- To develop Nam Dinh city (with an urban population scale of about 518 thousand people by 2020) into a central urban area of the Red River delta’s southern area with priorities given to the development of industries serving agriculture, training and medical treatment for the Red river delta’s southern sub-region, Ninh Binh and Thai Binh urban clusters, and coastal urban areas.
3. Development of economic sub-regions
To concentrate on development of industrial parks and industrial production establishments in Vinh Phuc, Bac Ninh, Hai Duong and Quang Ninh provinces, and Hai Phong city. To limit development of industries and industrial parks in provinces with rice cultivation advantages to contribute to the national food security assurance. To take advantage of midland areas (major part is infertile land) and coastal areas (major part is poor land) to arrange industrial and service works. To improve new urban areas those are in course of construction; and step by step adjust development and arrangement of rural residential areas toward centralized and modern socio-economic infrastructure.
a) The Red River delta’s northern sub-region (also known as the northern key economic region) consists of Hanoi city, Vinh Phuc, Bac Ninh, Hai Duong, Hung Yen and Quang Ninh provinces, and Hai Phong city.
To develop the Hanoi Capital region into the national political, cultural, economic and scientific and technological center. To concentrate on development of a number of industries and services which are the region’s strengths to become major economic sectors with the aim to promote growth.
To develop sub-regions into the country’s leading sub-region in raising efficiency of using resources, pushing up growth in association with high and sustainable growth quality. To closely combine economic development with raising people’s material and spiritual lives, ensuring social justice and progress, reasonably using natural resources and environment, and firmly assurance of defense and security.
b) The Red River delta’s southern sub-region (consisting of Ha Nam, Thai Binh, Ninh Binh and Nam Dinh provinces):
To prioritize development of high-quality rice zones; the cattle and poultry breeding and aquaculture with large scale; to concentrate on development of auxiliary industries serving for processing agricultural products and preservation of post-harvest agricultural products. To develop Nam Dinh city into a science and technology transfer center, focusing on bio-technologies such as cross-breeding and production of plant varieties and animal breeds with high yield and high quality.
To step up preservation and promotion of the region’s cultural and historical values; develop types of eco-tourist, craft village tourist, seminar and conference tourist; establish fair, exhibition and trade promotion centers; sports and physical training centers.
c) Developing major economic corridors to create a development frame:
To build and develop major economic corridors in association with urban areas and industrial parks into aggregate economic corridors that play the role as a momentum for economic development of the entire region, including the Hanoi-Hai Phong economic corridor, the inner city areas of Hanoi-Noi Bai- Ha Long corridor; Hanoi-Viet Tri corridor through Vinh Yen city; the Mong Cai-Quang Ninh-Hai Phong- Kim Son-Ninh Binh coastal economic corridor; and the Hanoi-Lang Son economic corridor.
VI. LIST OF PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS PRIORITIZED FOR INVESTMENT RESEARCH (see enclosed Annex)
VII. SOLUTIONS TO IMPLEMENT THE MASTER PLAN
1. Fields prioritized for development
- To improve the appropriate mechanism and policy system to promote the region’s economic development; to create a transparent and equal competitive environment among enterprises; and to reform administrative procedures.
- To synchronously develop the infrastructure system, especially the transport network to create linkages among localities in the region and adjacent regions, the irrigation network serving rice cultivation, aquaculture, and works to prevent and minimize impacts of global climate change.
- To concentrate on raising the education-training and vocational quality, and quickly developing highly-skilled human resources to satisfy social demands. To step up application of high technology to production fields to increase products’ productivity and quality as well as value.
2. Solutions of capital investment
To effectively mobilize resources, especially bring into play internal strength so as to invest in socio-economic development.
- To concentrate on striving to increase state budget revenues, strengthen the prevention of revenue losses, and strictly handle cases of tax evasions and trade frauds; ensure the correct, adequate and timely collection of state budget.
- To prioritize investment capital from state budget in works and projects with the region’s strategic significance and unable to recover capital, for remedy of environmental pollution treatment, essential social infrastructure, and rural and agricultural development projects; and balance budget for implementing social welfare policies, especially for poor people and households subject to policy beneficiaries; to strengthen expenditure control, ensure the effective use of budget capital for socio-economic development in the region.
- To elaborate and promulgate a list of programs and projects calling for investment until 2020; on that basis, step up public information, introduction and investment promotion with the aim to attract investment capital from all economic sectors; to make the best use of ODA capital sources for investment in development of a large-scale, synchronous and modem economic - technical infrastructure.
- To organize land use right auctions aiming to mobilize capital from domestic and foreign investors for development investment, effectively exploit resources from land; to promulgate investment incentive policies in association with creating an open investment environment; to develop the financial market; and to step up socialization of investment in healthcare, education, culture and sports.
- To expand investment forms of BOT, BT, BTO, and PPP,… to facilitate development of capital markets; and to develop investment forms of joint venture, association, and capital contribution with assets.
3. Solutions of mechanism and policy
- Support policies for rice cultivation zones to ensure national food security (providing preferential credits to buy, store and stabilize rice price, investing in infrastructure and warehouse system in association with localities, create development motivations); to support development of clean and hi-tech agricultural products, especially export products, and build brand names for agricultural goods.
- Incentive policies for development of agricultural, forestry and fisheries preliminary process and processing industries in remote and disadvantaged areas. Specific policies involving investment, finance and credit for sub-regions with lots of rivers and canals, including mechanism on investment rate and quota for development projects funded with budget capital, and credits originated from budget.
4. Solutions of human resource:
- To elaborate and promulgate policies aiming to promote and attract talents and highly-skilled technical laborers to permanently work in localities in the region, concurrently, speed up training human resources on spot in line with the speed of the region’s socio-economic restructuring.
- To increase investment in education, training, healthcare and culture to raise people’s knowledge, rate of trained laborers and people’s health, and improve qualification of cadres, civil servants in economic management; cadres, civil servants in state administrative management. To expand vocational training, promote, support and introduce jobs in various suitable forms; and have vocational training policies for laborers who change to non- agricultural occupations.
- To accelerate the elaboration and announcement of plans on the school network of all levels (general schools, vocational training schools, colleges and universities); to prioritize use of land funds for non-public schools aiming to push up the education-training socialization guideline. To complete plans on medical development and plans on training of medical officers, in which concentrate on development of high-technical medical zones; to strengthen investment in specialized medical centers, training human resources for the grassroots healthcare network and preventive medicine activities.
5. Solutions of science and technology
- To concentrate on investment in scientific researches (especially in gene, energy and information fields) and application of technologies, particularly research activities with high creativeness in association with the renovation of production technologies in the region. Concurrently push up supply of information on policies, administrative, socio-economic and environmental activities to organizations, enterprises and people in the region.
- To form a national quality assessment system on basis of linkage with capable foreign scientific institutions for assessing and examining quality of development activities, like a social critical system in respect to mechanisms, policies and major products.
- To concentrate on research of applications to create new and effective development steps in researching and applying scientific and technological achievements in production, business and state management. To encourage creative research generating from socio-economic development requirements of localities and the region.
- To bring into play internal resources in association with development of international cooperation, and socialization of scientific and technological activities, create a science and technology market associated with eco-environmental protection and sustainable development.
6. Solutions of administrative reform:
- To further increase effectiveness of administrative reform in a public and transparent manner, and to increase quality of contingent of cadres and civil servants aiming to create a favorable environment for investment attraction and good settlement of administrative procedures.
- To elaborate and promulgate fully and timely mechanisms and policies to ensure promotion of democracy, initiatives and creativeness, and make entire operation of administration system at all levels to be good and satisfy the development requirements.
- To raise the efficiency of management and administration by authorities at all levels; to clearly delimit competence and responsibilities among agencies to avoid overlaps in implementing the assigned functions and tasks, concurrently strengthen prevention against bureaucracy, corruption and wastefulness in executing tasks of state agencies.
7. Solutions of strengthening cooperation and developing market
- To expand cooperation in developing industries, training, healthcare, tourism, scientific research, technology transfer, and labor supply among localities in the region so as to bring into play the region’s potentials to the utmost.
- To strengthen cooperation among localities in the region in fields promoted for investment, building material and processing industry zones, expanding markets for product consumption; to share the region’s infrastructures involving industries, solid waste treatment, water supply and wholesale markets,...; to coordinate in propagating and promoting tourism, forming tours; to sustainably exploit, use and preserve water resources, and perform environmental protection.
- To bring into play the special strengths of the Red River delta area where has Hanoi Capital, a key domestic and international trading center of roads, railways and airways to expand inter-regional cooperation, primarily with the northern midland and mountainous region, and northern central provinces, in developing and sharing infrastructures, trade and cultural exchange, scientific research, technology transfer, training and use of human resource, tourism development and international cooperation.
Article 2. Organization, supervision of the master plan implementation
1. The master plan on socio-economic development in the Red River delta area, after approved by the Prime Minister, will be ground for elaborating, submitting for approval and carrying out the sectoral master plans in region; master plans on socio-economic development of localities in the region.
2. To assign the Ministry of Planning and Investment for assuming the prime responsibility for, and coordinating with Ministries, sectors and localities in the region in taking responsibilities for:
- Making public the master plan, organizing activities of investment promotion, propagation, and broadcast aiming to attract the domestic and foreign investors and all economic sectors to participate in implementation of the master plan;
- Assuming the prime responsibility for monitoring, urging, supervising and examining implementation of the regional master plan, master plans of ministries, sectors and localities in the region; supervising implementation of major investment programs and projects with scale and nature of the region.
- Studying and proposing the coordination mechanisms, policies for linkage and regulating among localities in the region and with other regions. The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with relevant ministries and sectors in, calling for investment in key priority projects of the region.
3. The relevant ministries and sectors shall:
- Elaborate adjustment and submit for approval of master plans on sectors and major products in the region in line with objectives, tasks and development orientations already approved in Article 1 of this Decision.
- Study, elaborate and submit to competent state agencies for promulgation of some specific mechanisms and policies aiming to successfully implement objectives and tasks set out in the master plan.
- Coordinate with the Ministry of Planning and Investment in carrying out and supervising the implementation of the master plan, supervising implementation of key investment programs and projects with scale and nature of region in the priority order under their respective management aiming to boost the socio-economic development of the region.
- Ministries, sectors, and localities in the region shall elaborate the budget plans and the domestic and overseas programs to promote investment for raising capital for implementation of the master plan. Firstly, to add this master plan in implementation of their annual plans and plans in subsequent periods of sectors and localities.
Ministries and sectors have specific tasks as follows:
a) The Ministry of Transport: To direct investment in construction and completion of important transport works in the region as mentioned in this Decision; to propose mechanism to raise capital for large-scale transport development projects in the region.
b) The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development: To complete elaboration and organize implementation of master plans on irrigation, major agricultural and fishery products in the region. To propose mechanisms and policies, and support localities in the region in construction of hi- tech agricultural zones.
c) The Ministry of Education and Training:
- To guide and create appropriate mechanisms for a number of universities and training institutions in modernizing physical foundations, developing contingent of lecturers and training programs aiming to increase quality of human resources.
- To coordinate with relevant agencies in formulating mechanisms and policies of development incentive aiming to put the Red River delta into a key region regarding high-quality education-training satisfying international standards.
d) The Ministry of Industry and Trade: To direct construction abiding properly with schedule of projects on power sources and grids in the region strictly according to the Electricity Development Master Plan VII. To direct and coordinate with relevant localities in building networks of wholesale marketplaces and trade centers at regional level.
e) The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment: To direct and coordinate in response to climate change and sea level rise; to direct and coordinate in protection and rational use of water sources in localities in the region; to direct and coordinate with localities in protection of national parks, nature reserves and biodiversity conservation.
g) The Ministry of Construction: To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate in, elaborating the regional master plan on construction; to examine and supervise construction of the hazardous waste treatment zones, cemeteries and water supply systems at regional level; and to coordinate with localities in building drainage and wastewater treatment systems, step by step handle to end inundation in urban areas.
h) The Ministry of Science and Technology: To direct and coordinate in building, increasing scientific-technological potentiality of institutes, schools, technical and technology application centers in the region; and coordinate in building the hi-tech parks in the region.
i) The Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs: To direct and coordinate with relevant localities in building system of vocational training centers, especially high- qualification training centers with scale of the region.
k) The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism: To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate in, elaborating a master plan on tourism and sports development in the Red River delta area, and submit it to the Prime Minister for approval so as to create legal basis for tourism development, and better management of tourist product development plans, construction of national tourist zones and sites by 2020, with the aim to link tours and tourist routes in the region with other regions.
l) The Ministry of Health: To direct implementation of program on development of a synchronous system of preventive health establishments, and development of key medicine and pharmacy schools in the region.
4. The provincial People’s Committees in the region:
- To proactively review, modify, supplement and submit to competent authorities for approval of adjustments of the local master plans on socio-economic development through 2020 in compliance with objectives and tasks approved in this Decision.
- To coordinate with ministries and sectors in organizing activities of investment promotion, propagation, broadcast and attraction of domestic and foreign investors as well as different economic sectors to participate in implementation of the master plan.
- To supervise and examine implementation of development investment projects in their localities according to their assigned functions and make reports to the Prime Minister.
Article 3. This Decision takes effect on the date of signing.
Article 4. The chairpersons of the provincial People’s Committees in the region, ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies and heads of government-attached agencies shall implement this Decision.
LIST OF PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS PRIORITIZED FOR INVESTMENT RESEARCH IN THE RED RIVER DELTA AREA THROUGH 2020
(Promulgated together with the Prime Minister s Decision No. 795/QD-TTg dated May 23, 2013)
NAME OF PROGRAM, PROJECT
+ Hanoi - Hai Phong;
+ Hanoi - Lao Cai;
+ Hanoi - Lang Son;
+ Hanoi - Thai Nguyen;
+ Hoa Lac - Hoa Binh;
+ Noi Bai - Ha Long;
+ Hai Phong - Ha Long;
+ Ha Long - Mong Cai;
+ Ninh Binh - Hai Phong;
+ Ninh Binh - Thanh Hoa.
- Roads linking 3 provinces :Thai Binh, Nam Dinh and Ha Nam;
- System of Belt road 3 (Hanoi); belt road 4 (Hanoi, Bac Ninh and Hung Yen) and belt road 5 (Hanoi, Bac Ninh, Hung Yen and Hai Duong).
- Investing in, upgrading and expanding national highway 1A up to 4 lanes;
- Building coastal roads linked with sea dikes (Hai Phong, Quang Ninh, Nam Dinh, Ninh Binh and Thai Binh).
- Building Hanoi radial axes: national highways 2, 3, 5, 6, 18 and 32.
- Building international airport with terminal T2 Noi Bai;
- Building Cat Bi airfield.
Seaport: building Lach Huyen international gateway seaport, in Hai Phong city.
Inland waterways: upgrading and building a number of major ports and cargo and passenger wharves.
- Upgrading and modernizing the north-south railway to reach standards of grade-I national railway;
- Repairing and upgrading the Hanoi-Hai Phong high-speed railway;
- Repairing and upgrading Hanoi urban railways and the Hai Phong - Lach Huyen railway.
Electricity supply infrastructure
- Completing construction of power plants of 1,000 MW or more according to the Electricity Master Plan 7.
- Carrying out application of information technology to management, use and operation of the national power grid system;
- Developing system of smart power grids in major urban areas of the region (Hanoi and Hai Phong).
- Further carrying out the investment program on consolidating, protecting and upgrading sea dikes and river dikes, taking into account climate change, ensuring proactive prevention and control against flood, storms and sea level rise; combining dike systems with roads.
- Upgrading and modernizing the key irrigation systems in Bac Hung Hai, Nhue river, Bac Nam Ha and northern Duong river; modernizing the key irrigation works, canals, ditches and operating equipment in order to increase the service capacity.
- Program on upgrading reservoirs and dams.
- Building a national key information technology zone.
- Program on developing spearhead industries and support industries (to build the support industry zones in Hai Phong and Ha Nam; building the production plants of combined steel, high-quality steel and special-use steel to supply for mechanical-manufacturing industries and auxiliary industries in Hai Phong and Quang Ninh).
- Building a national-level center for research and production of plant varieties and animal breeds.
- Building 2 solid waste treatment zones (Nam Son, Soc Son in Hanoi, with a scale of 140-160 ha, and Son Duong, Hoanh Bo in Quang Ninh, with a scale of 100 ha).
- Building and improving the system of daily-life solid waste collection and treatment for urban areas.
- Programs on supplying water for Hanoi, Hai Phong, Quang Ninh cities, the Hanoi-Hai Duong and Hanoi - Chi Linh - Pha Lai economic corridors, and coastal areas.
- Building the Da river surface-water plant, at phase II, reaching a capacity of 600,000 m3/day.
-Program on wastewater drainage and treatment for urban areas.
- Program on drainage to prevent and control inundation for urban areas.
- Program on logistics development.
- Developing networks of universities, colleges and professional secondary schools under planning, and building a number of high-quality universities meeting the international standards. Relocating a number of universities and colleges from the inner city area of Hanoi city to planned zones, satellite urban areas and provinces in the Capital region.
- Program on developing a complete system of preventive health establishments; upgrading hospitals and traditional medicine establishments, and developing key medicine and pharmacy schools (Medical University of Hanoi, Hanoi University of Pharmacy).
- Building a number of large-scale and modem cultural and sports facilities in Hanoi and some major cities of the region.
- Program on Electronic Government in provinces and cities in the region.
- Completing construction of key tourist zones of the region.
- Program on building social houses in Hanoi and major urban areas in the region.
Note: The locations, scale, use land areas and total investment levels for the above works and projects will be calculated, selected and defined specifically in stages of elaboration and submission for approval of investment projects, depending on the capacity of balancing and raising investment capital in each period.
This translation is made by LawSoft and for reference purposes only. Its copyright is owned by LawSoft and protected under Clause 2, Article 14 of the Law on Intellectual Property.Your comments are always welcomed