Decision No. 911/QD-TTg approving the scheme on doctoral training for university đã được thay thế bởi Decision 89/QD-TTg 2019 enhancing competencies of lecturers and administrators of higher education và được áp dụng kể từ ngày 18/01/2019.
Nội dung toàn văn Decision No. 911/QD-TTg approving the scheme on doctoral training for university
THE PRIME MINISTER
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Hanoi, June 17, 2010
APPROVING THE SCHEME ON DOCTORAL TRAINING FOR UNIVERSITY AND COLLEGE LECTURERS DURING 2010-2020
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the December 25, 2001 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the June 14, 2005 Education Law;
Pursuant to the Governments Resolution No. 14/2005/ND-CP of November 2, 2005, on substantial and comprehensive renewal of Vietnam's tertiary education during 2006-2020;
At the proposal of the Ministry of Education and Training in Report No. 232/TTr-BGDDT of May 12, 2010, on the promulgation of a decision approving the Scheme on doctoral training for university and college lecturers during 2010-2020,
To approve the Scheme on doctoral training for university and college lecturers during 2010-2020, with the following principal contents:
1. General objectives
a/ To promote doctoral training in both scope and quality, aiming to improve professional qualifications and capacities as well as research, lecturing and tertiary administration skills of university and college
c/ To improve the capacity and quality of domestic doctoral training, taking the advantage of and promoting international cooperation in education and training, especially in doctoral training, with a view to raising the quality of training and scientific research activities carried out by Vietnam's universities as well as their lecturing and research staffs;
2. Specific objectives
a/ To concentrate efforts on training lecturers and scientific researchers in spearhead and key areas, combine training with scientific research, increase the number of scientific works published in prestigious international scientific journals and make practical contributions to the national socio-economic development and international integration.
- To have about 10.000 doctors trained overseas in prestigious universities across the world.
- To have about 3.000 doctors trained under training association programs between Vietnamese and foreign universities. 300-350 doctoral candidates will be selected each year while from 2014 on.
- To have about 10,000 doctors trained at home.
II. CONTENTS AND SOLUTIONS
1. Enrolment and sources of students:
a/ To-be-selected doctoral candidates are lecturers in universities and colleges nationwide: researchers of scientific research institutes; new bachelor's or master's degree holders whose study results are ranked "good" or "higher"; and under-45 persons who possess outstanding professional capabilities and qualifications and currently work in non-educational institutions but wish and commit to become university-or college lecturers after being trained;
2. Training methods:
To apply the following three training methods:
- Full-time overseas training:
- Combined training under which training will be carried out both at home and abroad;
- Full-time domestic training, including a period of overseas research and practice.
3. Training disciplines: Priority will be given to doctoral training in technical sciences, technologies, natural sciences, agriculture and some social sciences and humanities to meet educational institutions' needs for lecturer training and demands for training human resources for national socio-economic development in each period.
4. Funds for implementation
Total funds for the implementation of the Scheme are estimated at VND 14 trillion, in which funds for full-time overseas training will account for 64%; combined training, 14%; domestic training.
Of these funds, 94% will come from the state budget.
5. Implementation duration: from 2010 to 2020
6. Implementation solutions
b/ Formulating appropriate mechanisms and policies to accelerate the implementation of this Scheme, improving training quality and capacities of domestic doctoral training institutions-Combining postgraduate training with scientific research in both professional and financial aspects; formulating financial mechanisms for use of funds for state-ordered research projects for postgraduate training; and providing support to doctoral candidates who have their works published in prestigious international journals.
d/ Elaborating plans on investment in and upgrading of equipment for training and scientific research; adopting policies and mechanisms to attract overseas Vietnamese and foreign scientists with experience and outstanding achievements in doctoral training to participate in doctoral training; applying appropriate forms of commendation to encourage tutorial staffs who have recorded outstanding achievements in doctoral training.
f/ Elaborating an overall financial plan, setting aside funds and tapping all resources as to ensure best conditions for the implementation of the Scheme.
Organization of implementation
1. The Ministry of Education and Training, which is the agency managing the Scheme, shall:
- Specify contents, tasks and solutions set forth in the Scheme for effective realization;
- Coordinate with the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Planning and Investment, the Ministry of Home Affairs and other relevant ministries and branches in elaborating and promulgating necessary mechanisms and policies on finance and personnel work for the implementation of this Scheme as well as those on employment of doctors trained under this Scheme; manage and allocate funds for the Scheme according to annual and periodical plans and its set objectives;
Assume the prime responsibility for.
2. The Ministry of Finance shall assume the prime responsibility for. and coordinate with the Ministry of Education and Training and relevant ministries and branches in. formulating an overall plan on financial sources for the implementation of the Scheme; work out annual plans on allocation of budget funds for the implementation of the Scheme; study and revise existing policies and regulations or promulgate according to its competence new policies, regulations and guidance on the management and use of financial sources according to regulations.
3. The Ministry of Science and Technology shall assume the prime responsibility for.
4. The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall assume the prime responsibility for.
5. Relevant ministries and branches shall, according to their functions and tasks, direct universities, colleges and attached institutions to carry out activities under this Scheme; closely coordinate with the Ministry of Education and Training so as to implement programs and activities under a unified plan.
6. Domestic doctoral training institutions shall strictly comply with the contents of this Scheme under the uniform direction of the Ministry of Education and Training; take the initiative in elaborating detailed plans and solutions regarding the implementation of the Scheme so as to actively contribute to doctoral training and improving its quality; increase cooperation with foreign doctoral training institutions.
7. Universities and colleges shall elaborate their own lecturer training plans and take the initiative in preparing eligible lecturers for overseas training under plans; and participate in the selection of lecturers for doctoral training and in their management.
This Decision takes effect on the date of this signing.
Ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies, heads of government-attached agencies, chairpersons of provincial-level People's Committees and heads of higher education institutions shall implement this Decision.-
FOR THE PRIME MINISTER