Nội dung toàn văn Directive No.22/CT-TTg dated 2014 elaboration of the 05 year socio-economic development plan from 2016 to 2020
THE PRIME MINISTER
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, August 05, 2014
ON THE ELABORATION OF THE 05 YEAR SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PLAN FROM 2016 TO 2020
Implementing the Resolution of the XIth Party Congress and Resolution of the National Assembly on 05 year socio-economic development plan from 2011 to 2015, in the context of economic situation in the world and the country with complex development, the sectors, levels, business community and people have attempted to overcome challenges, have made significant achievements in economic development and improvement of people's lives. To continue promoting the results achieved, overcoming the challenges and difficulties and successfully implementing the strategy of 10 year social economic development - society from 2011 to 2020, the Prime Minister has instructed the ministries, ministerial agencies, government-attached agencies, the provinces and centrally-affiliated cities, the state-owned economic groups and corporations (hereinafter referred to as the ministries, sector and localities) to develop the 05 year socio-economic development plan from 2016 to 2020.
I. IMPORTANT CONTENTS OF THE 05 YEAR SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PLAN FROM 2016 TO 2020
The 05 year socio-economic development plan from 2016 to 2020 must be elaborated on the basis of proper assessment of the situation and the results of implementation of the 05 year socio-economic development plan from 2011 to 2015, the Resolutions of Party, National Assembly and Government and forecast of situation in the country, the world and the region, thereby determining the development objectives and orientation of the 5-year socio-economic development plan from 2016 to 2020
1. Assessment of implementation of 5 year social economic development plan from 2011-2015
a) Implementation status of Resolution of National Assembly, of People’s Council at all levels on Status 5 year social economic development plan from 2011 to 2015, clarifying the results achieved against the objectives, targets and development orientation and putting forward the difficulties and problems in implementation of the plan.
b) Result of implementing the guidelines and major policies of economic restructuring. Focused assessment of result of development of legal system, schemes of economic restructuring, sector and area restructuring; process and result of restructuring in three areas: investment restructuring, corporate restructuring and financial market restructuring. At the same time, there must be assessment of restructuring within sectors and areas, especially in agriculture, processing industry, export, high quality services, ... In each of the above areas, it is necessary to highlight the policies, orientations, programs and plan for restructuring, achieved results, existence, limitations and causes to learn from experience for the next stage.
c) Situation and the result of implementation of 3 major breakthroughs in improving the mechanism of socialist-oriented market economy; developing human resources and building infrastructure system. It is necessary to clarify the results achieved against the target of the plan, especially to comprehensively analyze the objective and subjective causes of limitations and weaknesses in the implementation of breakthrough in the sectors and levels.
d) Situation and result of the implementation of macro-economic balance of finance and monetary; balance of revenues and expenditures of state budget; import and export; Government debt management, public debt, national debt, local government debt. Mobilization and utilization of investment capital for development and structure of investment capital.
dd) The results of development and innovation of education, training, science - technology to meet the requirements of national development; ensure social security, faimine elimination and poverty reduction, health, information, culture, sports and fitness, child protection, youth development, and care of revotionary contributors and gender equality; implementation of policy on ethnicity, religion, faith, management of natural resources and environment and response to climate change.
e) Assessment of implementation of tasks to consolidate national defense, security, protection of national sovereignty; political security and social order and safety; results of foreign affairs and international integration.
g) Assessment of effectiveness and efficiency of state management; corruption prevention, thrift practice, waste combat, ...
2. The 5 year social economic development plan from 2016 to 2020
The 5 year social economic development plan from 2016 to 2020 is elaborated in the context of economic growth recovery of the world and region after the financial crisis and global economic recession, but with slow pace of recovery and potential risks. In the country, there are signs of economic recovery but difficulties and challenges; particularly the developments in the South China Sea that may affect the country's economic development. In addition to the difficulties and challenges, during the period 2016 - 2020 our country has many advantages when the position and strength of the country after nearly 30 years of innovation have grown much stronger. The economic size and potential of the country are improved than before. The initial results of the economic restructuring have created new changes for the country's development. The social and political stability is a solid foundation for growth.
a) General objectives of the 5-year social economic development plan from 2016 to 2020
Maintaining macroeconomic stability, inflation control, coupled with acceleration of growth, economic sustainable development assurance in order to strive to become an industrialized country towards modernization. Raising the standards of living, cultural and spiritual life of people. Strengthening the protection of the natural resources and environment and actively responding to climate change. Maintaining independence and national sovereignty. Ensuring political security and social order and safety. Strengthening and expanding foreign relations, promoting the integration and international cooperation, enhancing Vietnam's position in the region and in the international arena.
b) Development orientation and major tasks:
- Striving for the average economic growth rate (GDP) for 5 years from 2016 to 2020 by 6.5 – 7%/year. Reducing the average poverty rate by 1.5% / year.
- Effectively implementing the overall Scheme of economic restructuring associated with the development model towards improving the quality, effectiveness and competitiveness of the economy. Promoting the shift in structure of economy, sector, area and employment towards industrialization and modernization.
- Continuing to promote the implementation of 03 breakthroughs in Strategy of social and economic development for 10 years from 2011 to 2020 on: (i) Improving the socialist-oriented market economy institution, focusing on creating an environment for fair competition and administrative reform; (ii) rapidly developing the human resources, especially high-quality human resources, focusing on basic and comprehensive innovation of national education; closely linking the development of human resources with development and application of science and technology; (iii) Building a synchronous infrastructure system with some modern works, focusing on transportation systems and large urban infrastructure.
- Continuing the innovation and improvement of business and investment environment, creating favorable conditions for the development of enterprises of all economic sectors, especially the sector of private enterprise, foreign invested capital enterprises, economic cooperation, small and medium-sized enterprises; fair competition assurance.
- Rapidly increasing the potential and ensuring the national financial security; healthier financial system; stable macroeconomic balances; mobilization, attraction and effective use of resources for economic development.
- Improving the quality of human resources, strongly developing education - training and and science – technology, culture, society, fitness, sports; raising the people’s material and spiritual life; diversely developing the social security system; focusing on sustainable poverty reduction; implementing employment and labor policies associated with the development of the labor market; proactively preventing diseases and improving health care quality; promoting the socialization in medical area; building a healthy cultural environment; promoting nation's cultural heritage; strengthening communication; strongly developing the fitness and sports movement to improve Vietnam's physical stature; properly implementing the ethnic and religious policies; gender equality; raising women’s position; focusing on care, education and protection of children's rights and youth development.
- Enhancing the management of natural resources, environmental protection and active response to climate change and natural disaster prevention.
- Strengthening national defense and security potential; combining economic development and national defense and security and social order and safety assurance; properly implementing the administrative innovation to improve effectiveness and efficiency of state management; strengthening the prevention and combat against corruption, thrift practice and waste combat; improving the performance of foreign affairs; proactively carrying out the international integration; creating a stable and peaceful environment for building and development of the country.
II. REQUIREMENTS FOR ELABORATION OF 5-YEAR SOCIAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PLAN FROM 2016 TO 2020
1. Requirements for assessment of implementation of 5-year social economic development plan from 2011 to 2015
a) The assessment of 5-year social economic development plan from 2011 to 2015 should closely follow the objectives, targets and development orientation according to the Resolutions of the National Assembly, Resolutions of the People's Council at all levels on 5-year social economic development from 2011 to 2015, the Resolutions of the Government and the Prime Minister’s Decisions on the annual plan.
b) The assessment of 5-year social economic development plan from 2011 to 2015 must mobilize and promote the coordination of the whole apparatus of state, the Fatherland Front and mass organizations and scientific research agencies, associations and communities.
c) The assessment of 5-year social economic development plan from 2011 to 2015 must ensure the objectivity, honesty and proper actual practices.
2. Requirements for setting objectives and tasks of 5-year social economic development plan from 2016 to 2020
a) The 5-year social economic development plan from 2016 to 2020 of the country must be done with closely follow-up of Resolutions of Party, National Assembly and Government on 10-year social economic development strategy from 2011-2020 of the country.
b) The 5-year social economic development plan from 2016 to 2020 of sectors, areas and local levels must be in accordance with the 5-year social economic development plan of the country and development plans and characteristics and development level of each sector and locality.
c) The objectives, orientation, measures and policies in the 5-year social economic development plan from 2016 to 2020 must ensure the feasibility and sequence of prioritized goals.
d) During the elaboration of the 5-year social economic development plan from 2016 to 2020, the ministries, sectors and localities need to gather opinions from research agencies, mass organizations, production and consumption associations, residential communities, sponsors and experts in the country and abroad.
3. Fund for elaboration of the 5-year social economic development plan from 2016-2020
The fund for this Plan is from the state budget based on the current decentralized state budget and mobilization of legal capital sources to ensure the quality of elaboration of the plan.
III. ASSIGNMENT AND PROGRESS OF ELABORATION OF 5-YEAR SOCIAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PLAN 2016-2020
1. Ministry of Planning and Investment:
a) Providing the guidance to the ministries, sectors and localities on elaboration of 5-year social economic development plan from 2016-2020 in August 2014;
b) Coordinating with the ministries, sectors and localities to calculate and elaborate the economic growth plans and major balances in quarter IV of 2014.
c) Summarizing and elaborating the draft report on the 5-year social economic development plan from 2016-2020 for submission to the Prime Minister in quarter I of 2015 and to the Government in quarter II for report to the 13th National Assembly at the last session of 2015.
2.The Ministry of Finance will coordinate with the Ministry of Planning and Investment in the preparation for major balance of finance and the state budget, including expenditures for development investment on the total expenditures of the state budget at a reasonable level and striving in the spirit of the 7th Conference Conclusion of the 6th Central Committee (No.63-KL/TW dated May 27, 2013) for report to the Prime Minister by January 31 March, 2015.
3. The ministries, ministerial-level agencies, government-attached agencies and other central agencies, People's Committees of provinces and centrally-affiliated cities and the economic groups and corporations:
a) Providing guidance to the sectors and levels on elaboration of 5-year social economic development plan from 2016-2020 under their management of sector and area.
For the target of domestic total value added in the area of provinces and centrally-affiliated cities, the localities will use the formal data calculated and promulgated by the General Statistic Office for the period 2011-2013. The localities should closely coordinate with the General Statistic Office to review the expected implementation in 2014 and estimation in 2015 and expected implementation for the period 2011-2015 as a basis for elaboration of this target for the 5-year social economic development plan from 2016-2020;
b) Elaborating the 5-year social economic development plan from 2016-2020 under the sectors, areas and localities in accordance with the development orientation of the country for submission to the competent authorities and report to the superior agencies and central agencies at the prescribed rate of progress. Sending the draft report on the 5-year social economic development plan from 2016-2020 under the sectors, areas and localities to the Ministry of Planning and Investment by November 30, 2014.
c) Allocating sufficient fund in the annual estimate of expenditure of state budget of the ministries, sectors and localities for elaboration of the 5-year social economic development plan from 2016-2020 to ensure the raising of quality of reports on social economic plans.
The Prime Minister urges the Ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies, government-attached agencies and other central agencies, Chairman of People's Committees of provinces and centrally-affiliated cities, Chairman of Board of Directors, General Director of the economic GroupS and the State-owned Corporations are liable to execute this Directive. /.
This translation is made by LawSoft and for reference purposes only. Its copyright is owned by LawSoft and protected under Clause 2, Article 14 of the Law on Intellectual Property.Your comments are always welcomed