Nội dung toàn văn Official Dispatch 5152/BYT-MT 2021 guiding medical quarantine at home for F1
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, June 27, 2021
To: People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City.
Recently, the COVID-19 epidemic turns complicated with appearance of new SARS-CoV-2 variant that can spread rapidly on a large scale with great number of close contact (F1) which overloads concentrated medical quarantine facilities.
In order to actively prevent COVID-19 epidemic and reduce risk of cross-infection in concentrated medical quarantine facilities, Ministry of Health develops Guidelines for medical quarantine at home for F1 for consideration and adoption by People's Committee of Ho Chi Minh City. Conditions for medical quarantine at home for COVID-19 management shall conform to Guidelines attached hereto. Local governments are responsible for monitoring, supervising, organizing specimen collection for individuals under quarantine as per the law.
Hereby requests People’s Committee of the City to direct:
- People’s Committees of communes, wards shall only permit quarantine at home once conditions for quarantine at home according to these Guidelines have been satisfied; organize management, supervise organization of medical quarantine at home; supervise medical conditions of individuals under quarantine during quarantine period and after quarantine period; organize collection and transportation of infectious medical wastes for processing as per the law.
- Disease control centers of provinces, cities or designated entities shall organize SARS-COV-2 testing for individuals under quarantine.
Difficulties that arise during the implementation of this circular should be reported to Ministry of Health (via Health Environment Management Agency)./.
CONDITIONS FOR MEDICAL QUARANTINE AT HOME FOR COVID-19 MANAGEMENT
(Attached to Official Dispatch No. 5152/BYT-MT dated June 27, 2021 of Ministry of Health)
1. Regulated entities
Individuals who made close contact with a COVID-19 case (hereinafter referred to as “F1”).
2. Requirements for facilities and equipment
- Detached house (villa, row house, and stand-alone house).
- A sign with red background containing the following phrase in yellow: “DỊA DIỂM CÁCH LY Y TẾ PHÒNG CHỐNG DỊCH COVID-19” (MEDICAL QUARANTINE LOCATION FOR COVID-19 MANAGEMENT) must be erected outside the house.
- Rooms for quarantine must be separate, closed, and isolated from general living space of the family. If a house has multiple storeys, use a separate storey for medical quarantine.
- A separate room adjacent to medical quarantine room must be allocated to allow medical personnel to examine medical conditions, collect specimen, monitor health conditions (equip tables, chairs, hand washing liquid containing at least 60% alcohol, containers for infectious wastes, containers for domestic wastes).
- Medical quarantine rooms must satisfy following requirements:
+ Rooms must be closed, furnished with separate bathroom, adequate personal toiletries, soap, clean water, hand washing liquid containing at least 60% alcohol (hereinafter referred to as “hand washing liquid”). Personal thermometer must be available in medical quarantine rooms.
+ Medical quarantine rooms must be furnished with yellow waste containers with lid that can be opened using foot pedal and padded by yellow bags for containing infectious wastes (face masks, handkerchief, tissue) labelled as “CHẤT THẢI CÓ NGUY CƠ CHỨA SARS-CoV-2” (WASTES POTENTIALLY CARRYING SARS-CoV-2) (hereinafter referred to as “infectious waste containers”); containers of domestic wastes with lid that can be opened using foot pedal and padded with green bags (hereinafter referred to as “domestic waste containers”).
+ Do not use central air-conditioning unit(s). Separate air-conditioning unit(s) is preferable. Ensure good ventilation and windows are advised to remain open.
+ Rooms must contain washing machines or buckets to allow quarantined individuals wash their clothes.
+ Rooms must contain brooms, mops, rags, 2 buckets, and regular cleaning liquid to allow quarantined individuals to sanitize the rooms. Quarantine rooms must be sanitized on a daily basis.
- Personal protective equipment to prevent infection (medical face masks, medical gloves, boots, protective goggles, clothes) must be worn by other individuals in the same house when they must make close contact with the quarantined individuals.
- Place tables in front of quarantine rooms to provide separate meals, water and other necessities for quarantined individuals. Do not bring belongings or items of quarantined individuals out of the house.
4. Requirements for individuals under quarantine at home
- Stringently comply with regulations and period of medical quarantine at home; produce written commitment with local governments using Form under Annex 1.
- Do not leave quarantine rooms throughout quarantine period, do not make contact with anyone. Do not make contact with domestic animals.
- Receive separate meals.
- Conform with 5K rules and epidemic management measures as per the law.
- Install, activate and perform daily medical declaration on VHD application or Bluezone throughout quarantine period.
- Monitor body temperature and health, and update daily on VHD application or Bluezone. If smartphones are not available, inform medical staffs via provided phone number on a daily basis. Suspected symptoms namely coughing, fever, sore throat, or breathing issues must be immediately updated on the VHD application or Bluezone and reported to medical personnel. If unable to measure body temperature, medical personnel or caretakers (if any) shall measure body temperature of quarantined individuals.
- Do not share personnel items namely bowls, chopsticks, spoons, cups, toothbrushes, or towel with anyone.
- Sanitize living space on a daily basis as instructed under Annex 3.
- On a daily basis, place all used face masks, handkerchiefs, and tissues in waste bags, spray the wastes with 70 degree alcohol, tightly knot the bag opening and place in infectious waste container in rooms of quarantined individuals.
- Regular wastes shall be put in domestic waste containers with bag opening knotted and placed in front of the room for daily collection.
- Once quarantine period expires, continue to monitor health at home as per the law.
- SARS-CoV-2 specimen must be collected for testing at least 5 times on the 1st day, the 7th day, the 14th day, the 20th day, and the 28th day of the quarantine period.
5. Requirements for other individuals living in the same house
- Produce written commitment with local governments using Form under Annex 1 and sign the commitment with caretakers of quarantined individuals produced using Form under Annex 2.
- The elderly and individuals who suffer from illnesses that require medical care must not live in the same house as quarantined individuals. If possible, individuals who are not obliged to quarantine are advised to move to other houses or separate spaces. If unable to move to other houses or separate spaces, individuals living in the same houses as quarantined individuals must not make contact with anyone else, must not leave the house without justifiable reasons, and must record all time of contact throughout quarantine period.
- If F1 is a child or the elderly or an individual suffering from illness(es) requiring a caretaker, may assign a caretaker to live in quarantine space and guarantee epidemic management measures. Caretakers of quarantined individuals must produce written commitment with local governments using Form under Annex 2.
- Do not make contact with quarantined individuals.
- Provide meals, water, and other necessities for quarantined individuals on a daily basis.
- Immediately inform medical personnel when quarantined individuals leave the house or exhibit suspected symptoms namely coughing, fever, sore throat, and/or breathing issues.
- Collect domestic wastes of quarantined individuals on a daily basis.
- Do not allow anyone to enter the house throughout quarantine period (other than people living in the same house, medical personnel, and competent individuals capable of supervising medical quarantine).
- Monitor health. In case of exhibiting suspected symptoms namely coughing, fever, sore throat and/or breathing issues, immediately inform medical personnel. Refrain from leaving the house, conform with 5K rules of Ministry of Health.
- Sanitize and clean the house on a daily basis.
- Collect SARS-CoV-2 specimen for all household members 5 times on the 1st day, the 7th day, the 14th day, the 20th day, and the 28th day of the quarantine period (except for individuals who have moved elsewhere).
- If caretakers live with quarantined individuals, caretakers shall provide SARS-CoV-2 specimen for testing in a manner similar to quarantined individuals.
6. Requirements for medical personnel
- Receive information and examine health conditions of quarantined individuals and caretakers on a daily basis, and assist quarantined individuals. Measure body temperature of quarantined individuals if the quarantined individuals are incapable of doing so. Record medical examination results in daily health check-up record.
- Collect SARS-CoV-2 specimen for quarantined individuals, caretakers, and other household members as per the law.
- Instruct quarantined individuals, caretakers, and household members to collect wastes as specified under Annex 3.
- Immediately report to superior medical authority and local governments when quarantined individuals, caretakers, and/or other household members exhibit signs of infection namely fever, coughing, breathing issues, and other signs.
- If quarantined individuals, caretakers, and/or other household members are tested positive, conform with regulations and law.
7. Requirements for People’s Committees of communes, wards
- People’s Committees of communes, wards shall only allow quarantine at home once conditions under Annex 4 are satisfied;
- Provide information (full name, phone number) of medical personnel in charge for quarantined individuals and their household members.
- Organize management, supervision, and stringent implementation of medical quarantine at home; perform medical supervision for quarantined individuals during quarantine period and after quarantine period;
- Request household members of quarantined individuals to not make contact with anyone else, not leave the house without justifiable reasons, and to record all time of contact throughout quarantine period.
- Organize collection and transport of infectious medical wastes for processing as per the law.