Nội dung toàn văn Resolution 136/NQ-CP 2020 Sustainable development
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, September 25, 2020
ON SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
Pursuant to the Law on Government Organization dated June 19, 2015;
According to results of the National Conference on Sustainable Development dated September 12, 2019;
At the request of the Minister of Planning and Investment,
I. SITUATION ASSESSMENT
Fulfilling the commitment from the 1992 Rio de Janeiro Earth Summit, the Prime Minister has approved the strategic orientation for sustainable development in Vietnam (Vietnam Agenda 21) in Decision No. 153/2004/QD-TTg dated August 17, 2004. Sustainable development has become a basic element in policies of the Communist Party and the State and is corporated into the 2011 - 2020 socio - economic development strategy as well as 2011 - 2015 and 2016 - 2020 socio - economic development plans. The Prime Minister has also promulgated the sustainable development strategy for 2011 - 2020 (Decision No. 432/QD-TTg dated April 12, 2012).
In September 2015, at the United Nations Sustainable Development Summit, countries around the world ratified the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development with 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs). In order to elaborate implementation of the 2030 Agenda in Vietnam, the Prime Minister has promulgated a national action plan for implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (Decision No. 622/QD-TTg dated May 10, 2017), which provides 17 SDGs with 115 specific targets. In order to elaborate sustainable development goals and targets, the Prime Minister has promulgated Decision No. 681/QD-TTg dated June 04, 2019 on road map to achievement of Vietnam’s sustainable development goals by 2030.
Looking back on the implementation of the SDGs, Vietnam has achieved some positive results so far: (1) number of poor households determined based on multidimensional poverty criteria decreased by 1,53%/year in 2016-2019; (2) under-5 mortality rate has dropped from 22,1 per 1000 live births in 2015 to 21 in 2019; health insurance coverage has risen from 76,4% in 2015 to 90% in 2019; (3) 99,9% of 5-year-old children are enrolled in senior kindergartens in 2019; 99,6% of students are recognized to have completed the primary education program in 2019; (4) 26,7% of delegates of the National Assembly (2016 - 2021 tenure) are women; (5) 95,7% of households have access to safe drinking water in 2018; (6) more than 99% of Vietnamese households have access to electricity in 2018; (7) Internet users percentage reached 65. 9% (equivalent to 64 million people) in 2019; (8) GDP growth in 2016 - 2019 is relatively high with an average annual rate of 6,8%, productivity increased by almost 5,8% in 2016 - 2019; (9) issues concerning environmental and natural resources management have been resolved, forest cover reached 41,89% in 2019; (10) social inequality is reduced, people’s understanding of the law and access to information are improved; Vietnam is integrating with the world in a more extensive and comprehensive manner and its position in the international community continues to be elevated.
However, Vietnam has encountered the following difficulties and challenges during its implementation of the SDGs: growth models have not undergone substantial change, productivity increases mostly due to increase in capital intensity, restructuring of economic sectors face many difficulties; there is still great discrepancy in living standards and social services usage between different regions and between different localities in one region; science and technology have yet to become the core drivers of sustainable development, there is a lack of mechanisms and policies enabling enterprises to renovate and apply technology; population size continues to grow, Vietnam has entered the aging phase of the demographic cycle, there is a huge discrepancy in health index between different regions, population quality is low, physical strength of citizens has yet to meet requirements of industrialization while their height, weight and stamina also fall short of what demanded; environmental pollution situation is complicated in some localities, especially in highly industrialized areas, while actions taken against environmental violations are insufficient; climate change and natural disasters exert great impacts on regions, especially the Mekong delta.
In such situation, regulatory bodies and governments at all levels have yet to implement the SDGs properly and vigorously; mechanisms for cooperation between ministries, central authorities and local governments and mobilization of participation from relevant parties are not truly effective; and Vietnam's resources are insufficient for implementation of SDGs by 2030.
2020 is a year of significance as it is the last year in which the 2016 - 2020 socio - economic development plan is adopted, providing an impetus for implementation of the 2021 - 2025 socio - economic development plan and 2021 - 2030 socio - economic development strategy. 2020 is also the year that witnesses the COVID-19 pandemic and its multifaceted impact on a global scale, posing a risk of socio - economic crisis in many countries, especially developing countries and countries with slow growth, increasing the risk of failing to accomplish the 17 SDGs by 2030 in many countries.
In such situation, the Government promulgates this Resolution to enable regulatory bodies and governments at all levels to implement SDGs from now to 2030.
II. DIRECTION VIEWPOINTS
1. Sustainable development shall be a mandatory requirement throughout the development of the country; economic development must be closely, appropriately and harmoniously connected with social development, natural resources and environmental protection, proactive response to climate change, preservation of national defense and security, public order and social safety, and protection of national sovereignty and independence. Socio - economic development strategies, policies, plans, programs and projects must be formulated and implemented with due consideration given to requirements of sustainable development.
2. Sustainable development shall be an objective to be pursued by the whole Communist Party, all people, governments at all levels, ministries, central authorities and local governments; regulatory bodies, enterprises, mass organizations, social organizations, residential communities and each citizen. Mobilize all social resources; enhance cooperation between ministries, central authorities, local governments, regulatory bodies, organizations, mass organizations, enterprises and relevant parties to ensure achievement of SDGs by 2030.
3. Humans shall be the center of sustainable development. Maximize the role of the human as the main resource and subject and the target of sustainable development. Better fulfill material and spiritual needs of people from all social strata; build a stronger country and a democratic, fair and civilized society; build an independent economy and proactively integrate with other countries to develop Vietnam sustainably.
4. Enable all citizens and communities in the society to have equal chance for growth, access common resources, participate, contribute and benefit, and lay fine material, knowledge and cultural foundations for the next generations. Leave no one behind, reach out to those hardest to reach first, including children, women, the elderly, the poor, people with disabilities, people living in areas with socio - economic difficulties, in border areas and on islands, and other vulnerable persons.
5. Science and technology, especially the fourth industrial revolution and national digital transformation, shall be the foundation and driver of sustainable development in Vietnam. Modern, clean and ecofriendly technology needs to be prioritized in manufacturing industries.
III. OBJECTIVES AND TARGETS
1. General objectives
Maintain sustainable economic growth in connection with advancement of social progress and equality, environmental protection, efficient use and management of natural resources, and proactive response to climate change; ensure that all citizens are able to realize their full potential, contribute to and benefit from development achievements equally; build a Vietnamese society that is peaceful, prosperous, encompassing, fair, democratic, civilized and sustainable.
2. SDGs by 2030 of Vietnam:
- Goal 1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 2. End hunger, ensure food security, improve nutrition and promote sustainable agricultural development
- Goal 3. Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote life-long learning opportunities for all
- Goal 5. Achieve gender quality; empower and create enabling opportunities for women and girls
- Goal 6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Goal 7. Ensure access to sustainable, reliable and affordable energy for all
- Goal 8. Ensure sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth; full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Goal 9. Build resilient infrastructure; promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization; and foster renovation
- Goal 10. Reduce inequalities
- Goal 11. Promote sustainable and resilient urban and rural development; ensure safe living and working environments; ensure reasonable distribution of population and work force by region
- Goal 12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 13. Respond in a timely and effective manner to climate change and natural disasters
- Goal 14. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, the sea and marine resources for sustainable development
- Goal 15. Protect and sustainably develop forests; conserve biodiversity; develop ecosystem services; combat desertification; prevent the degradation of and rehabilitate land resources
- Goal 16. Promote a peaceful, fair, just, equitable, and equal society for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable, and inclusive institutions at all levels
- Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the Global Partnership for Sustainable Development
3. Targets to achieve by 2020, 2025 and 2030
a) Targets provided for in Decision No. 681/QD-TTg dated June 04, 2019 on road map to achievement of Vietnam’s sustainable development goals by 2030
b) Targets of Decision No. 681/QD-TTg revised
87% and 90% of students complete lower secondary school by 2025 and 2030, respectively.
c) Additional targets
- 80% and 100% of citizens use digital products, equipment and solutions by 2025 and 2030, respectively.
- There are 100.000 digital technology enterprises by 2030.
IV. TASKS AND SOLUTIONS
1. General tasks and solutions
Ministries, central authorities and local governments shall continue to implement the national action plan for implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development promulgated together with Decision No. 622/QD-TTg dated May 10, 2017 and their own action plans for implementation of the 2030 Agenda in a serious, synchronized and efficient manner, with a focus on the following matters:
a) Complete institutions and policies
Continue to improve the legislation, mechanisms and policies by amending legislative documents and promulgating new ones to provide adequate legal framework for achievement of SDGs; improve state management of sustainable development in Vietnam. Incorporate implementation of SDGs into policies and action programs of ministries, central authorities and local governments to the maximum extent possible.
b) Enhance informing and communications
- Increase communications and educational activities to raise the whole society’s awareness of SDGs.
- Gradually add lessons on sustainable development to the education and training systems at all levels.
- Raise the awareness and capacity in relation to implementation of SDGs and supervision and assessment of such implementation of ministries, central authorities and local governments.
c) Enhance the role and participation of relevant parties
- Encourage the whole political system, ministries, central authorities, local governments, regulatory bodies, enterprises, mass organizations, social organizations, residential communities and development partners to implement SDGs.
- Boost the roles of the National Assembly, People's Councils at all levels, Vietnam Fatherland Front and members thereof in supervising and giving social criticism for implementation of SDGs.
- Increase leadership and direction of governments at all levels and regulatory bodies, cooperation between in-charge bodies and cooperating bodies, socio-political organizations, social organizations, trade associations, enterprises and non-governmental organizations, and cooperation between central government authorities and local government authorities in implementation of SDGs.
d) Allocate, mobilize and increase financial resources
- Implementation of SDGs shall be funded by state budget, investment from enterprises, the private sector and communities, and foreign funding sources, including official development assistance (ODA), foreign direct investment (FDI) and other sources.
- State funding for implementation of SDGs shall be included in annual budget expenditure estimate of ministries, organizations and local governments according to applicable regulations on state budget and in funding for 5-year socio - economic development plans, annual socio - economic development plans, national target programs and other relevant programs and projects.
- Increase state financial resources by improving tax policies; improve public expenditure efficiency; reform state financial management towards transparency. Mobilize other social resources, especially from enterprises and the private sector, for implementation of SDGs.
- Formulate and promulgate specific mechanisms and policies for funding mobilization, especially private funding, for implementation of SDGs.
- Mobilize and utilize international financial assistance for implementation of SDGs.
dd) Promote international cooperation
Promote international cooperation in implementation of SDGs; actively participate in and organize activities to share experience in implementation of SDGs and improve capacity for such implementation; proactively cooperate with the international community in resolving global and regional issues as well as meeting challenges of implementation of SDGs.
2. Main tasks and solutions related to areas under management of ministries and central authorities
For the 2020 - 2030 period, besides regular tasks related to areas under their management, ministries and central authorities shall focus on the following main tasks and solutions to facilitate implementation of SDGs:
a) The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall:
- Analyze, evaluate and forecast developments in Vietnam and around the world and formulate and update scenarios to give advice to the Government and the Prime Minister in a timely manner to ensure macroeconomic stability, inflation control and preservation of major balances of the economy.
- Elaborate solutions to bring about more significant change to the economic structure in connection with growth model reform, improvement of productivity, quality, efficiency, independence and competitiveness of the economy.
- Review, supervise and evaluate efficiency and adoption of policies supporting enterprises, especially start-ups and innovative enterprises; propose amendments to policies to assist enterprises with improving their productivity, boosting managerial capacity and international integration. Take charge in monitoring, surveying, assessing and consolidating results of implementation of the plan for sustainable development of sole proprietorships by 2025 with visions towards 2030 approved in the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 1362/QD-TTg dated October 11, 2019 on an annual basis.
- Review and amend regulations of law on bidding to provide incentives for green procurement and incorporate green criteria into selection of contractors for state-funded projects.
- Support business establishments and enterprises in switching to sustainable business models and cleaner production technologies, efficient use of natural resources and environmental protection.
b) The Ministry of Finance shall:
Implement the road map to cutting fossil fuel subsidies in connection with reviewing and changing relevant taxes (such as environmental protection tax, natural resources tax, etc.)
c) The Ministry of Labor - War Invalids and Social Affairs shall:
- Continue to provide proper assistance on a regular and ad hoc basis for vulnerable persons, especially persons with disabilities and persons living in areas affected by natural disasters and epidemics; provide effective solutions to population aging; improve quality of life and enhance the role of the elderly.
- Research and raise standard social benefits levels; formulate and propose the national multidimensional poverty criteria for 2021 - 2025; continue to review, amend, complete and properly implement policies, programs and projects supporting poor households, near-poor households, social benefit recipients and other vulnerable persons to promote their access to basic social services.
- Develop and complete legal parameters for development of the social work profession. Research and propose amendments to the Law on the Elderly and the Law on Persons with Disabilities, and complete the legal framework for social security by integrating relevant applicable laws.
- Develop and launch the national target program for sustainable social security and poverty reduction, with a focus on the 40% poorest population and policies supporting vocational education in connection with sustainable job creation, access to credit incentives and other social security policies; adopt solutions for vocational education renovation and development; focus on training a workforce with high skills and qualifications to meet requirements of the fourth industrial revolution; further connect and encourage enterprises to participate in vocational education in connection with job creation.
- Properly adopt policies and solutions for job creation in connection with improvement of job quality. Continue to expand social insurance and unemployment insurance coverage and increase efficiency of social insurance and unemployment insurance policies.
- Continue to properly implement policies promoting gender equality and advancing women's progress and ensure efficiency thereof. Boost and diversify communications activities to raise the awareness of gender equality.
- Increase application of information technology in provision of social security benefits and develop a national social security database. Switch to cashless provision of social security benefits.
d) The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment shall:
- Monitor efficiency of water resources use; ensure quality and sufficiency of domestic water supply; supervise, evaluate and forecast water pollution and shortage and saltwater intrusion; promote transboundary water resources sharing mechanisms.
- Review the legal framework for waste discharge management, especially for discharge of hazardous chemicals to the environment, to promulgate sufficient and suitable regulations to ensure prevention and control of pollution sources. Strictly handle establishments causing serious pollution and polluting activities; tightly control discharge sources, especially discharge of wastewater, waste from handicraft villages and rural household waste and import of scraps as production materials.
- Promulgate policies and mechanisms for classification of waste at the source of generation; develop and adopt waste classification, collection and handling models widely; reduce plastic waste, promote international cooperation in resolving issues concerning marine plastic waste. Finish formulating and promulgate technical regulations and standards on the environment equivalent to those of developed countries around the world to meet requirements of international integration.
- Regularly monitor impact level of land-based sources of marine pollution, especially drainage basins and coastal agricultural land where agrochemicals are used. Control and prevent dumping of hazardous waste into the sea in any shape or form completely.
- Adopt solutions for enhancing adaptability to climate change’s impacts and mitigating greenhouse gas emission. Increase capacity for and properly fulfill duties of natural disaster monitoring, forecasting and warning, ensuring early and detailed warning about severe weather phenomena.
dd) The Ministry of Health shall:
- Achieve universal health coverage in Vietnam to ensure significant increase of people’s access to essential, safe, effective, quality and affordable healthcare services, drugs and vaccines.
- Pay attention to prophylaxis, early disease detection, timely treatment and provision of healthcare for mothers, children, the elderly, the poor and ethnic minorities to increase height, physical strength, life expectancy and healthy life years of Vietnamese people.
- Complete the healthcare establishment network to adapt to changes to disease models, population aging and impacts of the fourth industrial revolution on healthcare.
e) The Ministry of Industry and Trade shall:
- Facilitate performance of projects on development of power sources and transmission grids; promptly exploit and develop renewable energy sources in connection with environmental protection, especially for solar power. Complete mechanisms and policies encouraging investment in renewable energy from the private sector.
- Increase use of new power sources and renewable energy sources in remote and isolated areas, in border areas and on islands. Formulate management mechanisms to maintain and develop power sources in these areas.
- Take charge in launching the national action program for sustainable production and consumption for 2021 - 2030 (promulgated together with Decision No. 889/QD-TTg dated June 24, 2020 by the Prime Minister). Complete policies on sustainable production and consumption; promote green distribution systems and development of the national supply chain for ecofriendly products and services, prioritizing products manufactured or supplied by small and medium enterprises; boost development of the environmental industry and recycling industry.
g) The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development shall:
- Formulate and revise mechanisms and policies and develop an information system to ensure national food security and meet domestic demand for food in terms of both quality and quantity.
- Promote agricultural restructuring towards enhancement of added value, sustainable development in connection with growth model reform, and new rural development together with environmental protection. Continue to improve policies assisting and enabling agricultural production, hi-tech agricultural development and modern and highly efficient manufacturing.
- Modernize fishing management. Formulate suitable management mechanisms to provide orientations for sustainable exploitation, conservation and development of marine fishery resources. Reform fishing cooperatives and cooperative alliances by prioritizing fisher’s interests, sustainable environmental protection, community engagement, and development and stabilization of coastal and island societies.
- Protect the environment, adopt biosafe methods of animal husbandry. Strictly control use of prohibited chemicals in animal husbandry.
- Manage, protect, develop and exploit existing forests sustainably. Take measures to prevent illegal logging and deforestation effectively. Promote development of forest environmental services; manage forests sustainably and certify wood from plantations according to Vietnamese standards and international practices.
h) The Ministry of Education and Training shall:
- Encourage people to enroll their children in school at appropriate age, especially in remote and isolated areas, severely disadvantaged areas and ethnic minority areas, and provide mechanisms for assisting people with this matter effectively. Provide inclusive education and special education for children with disabilities. Improve benefits offered to learners being benefit recipients, persons of ethnic minorities and women in each locality, especially areas with many socio - economic difficulties.
- Allocate more funding to budget and invest in more facilities to assist disadvantaged areas, ethnic minority areas and social benefit recipients with education development; continue to strengthen and develop schools, classes and educational institutions as suitable for the situation in each ethnic minority area, area affected by natural disasters and climate change and mountainous area and on each island. Advise the Government on formulating and implementing an appropriate road map to adoption of a policy on tuition exemption for early childhood education for 5-year-old children and lower secondary education.
- Encourage private sector involvement in education as appropriate to the situation in each area experiencing socio - economic difficulties to mobilize social resources for provision of education to girls, children with disabilities, children of ethnic minorities and children in vulnerable situations.
i) The Ministry of Transport shall:
- Continue to restructure the transport market properly, renovate transport systems and improve efficiency thereof, and promote switching from land transport to other modes of transport to alleviate pressure on land transport, save more fuels and reduce emission (water and railway transport).
- Continue to boost public bus transportation in metropolises; accelerate investment in and putting into use bus rapid transit routes and urban railways in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
- Develop, promulgate and apply fuel economy standards for some types of vehicles according to actual situation. Promote use of biofuels and clean fuels (CNG, LPG,...) for motor vehicles.
- Implement logistics services development schemes to optimize transport time and costs and reduce fuel consumption; develop transport exchange platforms to connect transport networks; apply smart transport technology, green transport technology and technologies reducing greenhouse gas emission to traffic and freight transport.
- Invest in transport systems with due consideration given to persons with disabilities, the elderly, women and children; adopt policies for reduction and exemption of public transit fees for persons with disabilities and children as prescribed by law.
k) The Ministry of Construction shall:
- Research mechanisms and policies to enhance the roles of large metropolises, attract resources for urban development as appropriate to the potential, advantages and actual situation of each region and each metropolis.
- Complete legislative institutions concerning technical infrastructures (law on water supply, law on water discharge and waste water treatment, methods for clean water price determination, etc.); develop infrastructures in a synchronized manner and in accordance with a road map suitable for urban development and socio - economic development situation of each region and the whole country. Ensure safe water supply to people, urban environmental sanitation, promotion of economical and reasonable water use and efficient water reuse.
- Continue to research and propose mechanisms and policies to promote programs for social housing development and provision of accommodation to poor households, officials, public employees, workers of industrial parks and social benefit recipients with housing problems.
- Continue to implement incentive policies to attract investment in housing for those with low and medium income, eradicate temporary houses, upgrade unqualified housing areas or build new housing areas.
- Devise solutions for green urban development, solutions for energy saving in accommodations, office buildings and service establishments; solutions for encouraging use of new, advanced, energy-saving and ecofriendly construction materials.
l) The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism shall:
- Research policies and solutions that are more suitable, practical and specific for harmonious connection between cultural development, people nurturing and economic development.
- Enhance the value of cultural and artistic heritages, gradually create a national brand and image for Vietnam.
- Focus on improving quality of tourism services, boost professional tourism promotion, aiming for target markets, regard tourism products and tourism brands as the key; promote tourism in connection with promoting Vietnam’s image.
m) The Ministry of Information and Communications shall:
- Direct press authorities, broadcasting and electronic information authorities and grassroots information authorities to further disseminate this Resolution and relevant contents to raise the society’s awareness of the SDGs and the national action plan for implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
- Take charge and cooperate with ministries, central authorities and local governments in implementing the program for national digital transformation by 2025 with orientations towards 2030 (promulgated together with the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 749/QD-TTg dated June 03, 2020) to develop the e-Government, digital economy and digital society, increase productivity, create new drivers of economic growth and ensure sustainable development.
- Facilitate provision of broadband Internet connection as an essential utility, provide smart phones, especially in areas where telecoms services are provided as a public utility, with the aim of ensuring comprehensive connections and leaving no one behind; develop telecoms as the digital infrastructure essential for development of the digital economy and digital society and supporting comprehensive national digital transformation.
- Formulate regulatory sandboxes for development of, experiment in and application of services, solutions and products and piloting of new technologies and business models in Vietnam to foster renovation and innovation. Facilitate application of digital solutions, products and technologies in essential sectors of the economy.
- Improve capacity and provide more training in digital technology for people, especially those living in remote and isolated areas, to bridge the digital divide and reduce inequality in the society.
- Focus on developing information and communications infrastructures in remote and isolated areas, in mountainous areas and on islands. Properly ensure people’s right to information and information access, especially in remote and isolated areas and ethnic minority areas.
n) The Ministry of Justice shall:
- Continue to research and renovate the law making process to improve its quality and the legislation for the purpose of raising people’s awareness of the state governed by the rule of law and right of equal access to justice; research solutions for enhancing law enforcement without discrimination for sustainable development.
- Review and propose amendments to the existing legislation to ensure the right to equality in access to economic resources, access to basic services, rights to use of land and natural resources, right to ownership and control of other forms of property for all people according to regulations of the Constitution, especially for women, the poor and vulnerable persons.
- Develop transparent, effective, stable and easy-to-access institutions and be held accountable at all levels; continue to improve regulations of law on the relationship between the State and the people.
- Enable citizens to manage the state and the society, supervise policy implementation; increase social criticisms; ensure transparency in receipt of and feedback on opinions and propositions from citizens.
- Disseminate citizen's rights in management of the state and the society and participating in discussions and sending propositions about matters at grassroots, local and national levels to regulatory authorities.
o) The Ministry of Public Security shall:
- Increase education on traffic safety in connection with handling of violations against traffic safety laws, foster voluntary regulatory compliance in road users; improve performance and increase responsibility of law enforcement forces in charge of keeping traffic order and safety.
- Review and amend existing legislative documents related to regulations on entry, exit, transit and stay of foreigners in Vietnam in a manner that further reforms administrative procedures and applies information technology in residence management and monitoring.
- Take professional measures against crimes and violence-related offences in a synchronized manner. Vigorously adopt guidelines, policies and regulations on crime prevention; domestic violence prevention; prevention of violence against children and child abuse; and human trafficking prevention.
p) The Ministry of Science and Technology shall:
- Complete mechanisms and policies facilitating innovation; improve capacity for technology absorption and development; attract social resources for investment in science, technology and innovation, including the public-private partnership model.
- Promulgate a system of national standards to facilitate application and development of high technology and key technology as appropriate to requirements of the fourth industrial revolution.
q) The Ministry of Home Affairs shall:
Continue to advise on and promote administrative reform. Research and improve access to public administrative services for persons experiencing difficulties and other eligible persons.
r) The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall:
- Continue to strengthen relations with partners, build trust and intertwine interests, especially for strategic partnerships, comprehensive partnerships and important partnerships, and partners with strengths in sustainable development. Proactively participate, responsibly contribute, enhance Vietnam’s role and cooperate in areas in relation to sustainable development in multilateral organizations and forums.
- Continue to promote economic diplomacy, actively contributing to successful implementation of ratified free trade agreements and international agreements and commitments on sustainable development to which Vietnam is a signatory, promote investment, technology and tourism supporting sustainable development.
s) The State Bank of Vietnam shall:
- Continue to prioritize and expand networks of branches and transaction points of credit institutions in rural areas and remote and isolated areas; vigorously promote development of electronic distribution channels to increase customer’s access to services.
- Enhance capacity for provision of green banking and green credit services.
t) The Government Inspectorate shall:
- Further detect and strictly handle corruption and wastage.
- Provide the Government with advice on and assistance in amending the 2010 Law on Inspection to gradually resolve difficulties arising during implementation, and improve capacity and performance of the inspection sector.
- By 2030, develop a unified and centralized inspection system and grant more powers to the inspection sector to further enable the inspection sector to exercise state management and fight against corruption.
u) The Central Committee of the Vietnam Fatherland Front shall:
Direct socio-political organizations, social organizations, mass organizations and communities to increase supervision of law enforcement and handling of violations against the law.
v) The Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry shall:
- Continue to provide support and orientations in relation to sustainable development for enterprises.
- Promote activities, programs and projects related to enterprises developing sustainably by participating in the circular economy, doing business with integrity, promoting public-private collaboration, etc. and actively and proactively research, advise, propose and formulate ideas/models of sustainable business in Vietnam.
- Continue to assess enterprises developing sustainably based on criteria of the Corporate Sustainability Index (CSI) in accordance with international practices; announce CSI ranking via mass media on an annual basis and apply this method of assessment widely in the enterprise community.
x) The National Traffic Safety Committee shall:
Assist the Prime Minister with directing ministries, central authorities and local governments in adopting solutions for traffic safety assurance provided for in the national strategy for road traffic safety by 2020 with visions towards 2030 and the national strategy for road traffic safety for the next period to control and gradually reduce traffic accidents and traffic accident casualties throughout the country.
a) Ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies, heads of Governmental agencies and Chairpersons of People’s Committees of provinces and central-affiliated cities shall take responsibility before the Prime Minister for achievement of the objectives and targets, performance of the tasks and adoption of the solutions provided for in this Resolution to facilitate accomplishment of the SDGs stated in the national action plan for implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
b) The national council for sustainable development and competitiveness improvement shall advise the Government and the Prime Minister on directing implementation of the national action plan for implementation of the 2030 Agenda and SDGs; propose measures, solutions and mechanisms for ensuring cooperation in operation between ministries, central authorities, local governments, mass organizations, enterprises and people to implement SDGs successfully.
c) The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall take charge and cooperate with ministries, central authorities and local governments in implementing the national action plan for implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs.
2. Supervision - Assessment - Reporting
a) The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall:
- Take charge in monitoring, supervising and assessing implementation of the national action plan for implementation of the 2030 Agenda and results of implementation of SDGs.
- Prepare and submit a report on assessment of results of SDGs implementation to the Government and the National Assembly and send it to the United Nations upon request.
- By 2025, assess implementation of the national action plan for implementation of the 2030 Agenda and results of implementation of SDGs at the mid-point of the 2021-2030 period. By 2030, summarize and assess results of implementation of the 2030 Agenda in connection with assessment of results of implementation of the 2035 Vietnam Report and preparation for development of the SDGs of the next period.
b) Ministries, central authorities, local governments and relevant regulatory bodies shall prepare reports on assessment of SDGs implementation according to regulations and submit them to the Ministry of Planning and Investment before December 15 of every year for consolidating and submitting to the Prime Minister.
c) During implementation of SDGs, the Ministry of Planning and Investment shall regularly monitor and supervise such implementation, and promptly handle or report issues arising to the Government for consideration.
d) Preparation of reports on assessment of results of SDGs implementation shall involve relevant parties, including socio-political organizations, social organizations, mass organizations and Vietnamese and foreign organizations.
a) The State shall prioritize and allocate adequate funding from the central government budget and local government budget to enable ministries, central authorities and local governments to implement SDGs and to support data collection and preparation of reports on assessment of SDGs implementation.
b) Per proposals from ministries, central authorities and local governments, the Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Planning and Investment shall balance and allocate funding on an annual basis according to regulations of the Law on State Budget and Law on Public Investment to properly implement SDGs and to support data collection and preparation of reports on assessment of SDGs implementation.
c) Besides funding from state budget, ministries, central authorities and local governments shall proactively mobilize social resources, especially investment from the private sector, development partners and foreign sponsors, to implement SDGs; encourage enterprises and social organizations to proactively propose and apply ideas for successful SDGs implementation.
4. The National Assembly, People's Councils at all levels, Vietnam Fatherland Front and mass organizations at all levels shall increase supervision and communications activities during the implementation of this Resolution./.
P.P. THE GOVERNMENT
This translation is made by THƯ VIỆN PHÁP LUẬT and for reference purposes only. Its copyright is owned by THƯ VIỆN PHÁP LUẬT and protected under Clause 2, Article 14 of the Law on Intellectual Property.Your comments are always welcomed