Nội dung toàn văn Resolution No. 56/NQ-CP the Government’s regular meeting July 2014
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Ha Noi, August 4, 2014
THE GOVERNMENT’S REGULAR MEETING - JULY 2014
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated December 25, 2001;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree 08/2012/ND-CP dated February 16, 2012 promulgating the Working regulation of the Government;
Based on the discussions among the Cabinet members and the conclusion of the Prime Minister at the Government’s regular meeting held in June 2014,
1. Regarding socio-economic performance in July and the first seven months of 2014; the implementation of Government’s Resolution No. 01/NQ-CP dated January 2, 2014 on key tasks and solutions guiding the realization of the socio-economic development plan and State budget estimate in 2014;
The Government unanimously agreed that: The socio-economic performance in July and the first seven months continued to progress positively. Consumer price index increased slowly; interest and exchange rates, and the foreign currency market were stable. Exports maintained strong growth momentum, thus trade surplus was recorded. Budget revenue was higher compared to the same period last year. Disbursed FDI and ODA volume was relatively high. Industrial production especially manufacturing and processing sectors continued to rebound at a faster pace than the same period last year. In spite of natural disasters, agricultural production was maintained and developed. Service sector registered high pace of growth. Initial important outcomes have been achieved in reforming and improving the quality of education and training; progress has also been made in areas of culture, sports, healthcare, science, technology and environmental protection. Social security was ensured; peoples’ livelihood especially policy beneficiaries, those with meritorious services to the nation, poor households, and those living in remote, far-reaching and natural disaster-hit areas received special care. Positive changes were made in citizen reception, settlement of complaints and denunciations. The administrative reform was accelerated. Traffic accidents fell down in three criteria [number of cases, death toll, and injuries]. Political security, social order and safety were safeguarded. Diplomatic activities brought back numerous results.
Nevertheless, businesses still faced a lot of difficulties. Aggregate demand increased slowly, credit growth was low, and the real estate market recovered at a slow pace. The process of SOEs equitization and divestment of non-core operations failed to meet preset requirements. A part of the population, especially poor households and ethnic minority groups still struggled to find jobs, improve incomes and livelihood. Livestock and poultry diseases were complicated. Food hygiene work revealed shortcomings. Serious traffic accidents still happened. Natural disasters occurred complicatedly, especially the heavy rains and floods caused by the eye wall of the second tropical storm in the Northern mountainous provinces, leading to serious loss of lives and properties for local people. Meanwhile, the global and regional situations have changed complicatedly, negatively affecting the domestic economy and society.
In the short term, the Government requests ministries, agencies and localities to step up the implementation of the Prime Minister’s Public telegraph 1259/CD-TTg dated July 23, 2014 on overcoming the consequences caused by the second tropical storm and supporting people to quickly stabilize people’s lives.
To fulfill the socio-economic development plan, the Government asks ministries, agencies and localities to consistently pursue the socio-economic targets and tasks set at the beginning of the year; drastically conduct measures and tasks stipulated in Resolution 01/NQ-CP resolutions adopted at the Government’s regular meetings, especially Government’s Resolution 47/NQ-CP adopted by the Government in June 2014; take specific and practical measures to extricate difficulties from businesses, increase aggregate demand of the economy; make plans to accelerate growth of industries and fields; speed up administrative reform, improve business environment, raise national competitiveness; restructure the economy, ensure social security and social welfare, protect national sovereignty, guarantee political security and social order and safety, and focus on the following tasks:
- The State Bank of Viet Nam shall regulate credit growth as planned; create favorable conditions for enterprises to access to preferential credit sources; resolutely carry out restructuring of weak credit organizations, beef up settlement of non-performing loans (NPLs), and strengthen control over the operation of the banking system.
- The Ministry of Industry and trade shall take synchronous measures to promote industrial production; review and raise production value and labor productivity of industries with high growth potential, especially mineral exploitation, manufacturing and processing industries; encourage domestic consumption to increase aggregate demand; enhance trade promotion activities, expand and seek new export markets; accelerate and conclude talks on economic and trade agreements to diversify markets; proactively cooperate with competent agencies to detect and handle trade frauds, especially wine, tobacco and fertilizers; closely control activities in border crossings as well as goods temporarily imported for re-export.
- The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development shall review and promote potential agricultural fields; ensure rice supply for export; implement breeding plans and seek consumption markets, especially short-term breeding; strengthen prevention of serious epidemics on livestock and poultry; develop aquatic cultivation in connection with controlling over quality and technical standards for export; encourage consumption of domestic fertilizers and breeding food; proactively work with other ministries, agencies and localities to deploy measures in response to complicated developments of natural disasters and mitigate consequences thereof.
- The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall direct the implementation of measures to mobilize, promote and encourage social investment; timely extricate difficulties, obstacles for, supervise and accelerate disbursement progress for projects using FDI, ODA and preferential loans; work with the Ministry of Finance to promptly review the situation, demand and allocation of corresponding capital for ODA projects, State investment and Government bonds, and thereby report to the Prime Minister in early August, 2014.
- The Ministry of Finance shall drastically push for budget collection, timely detect and punish infringements and arrogation of levies; counter transfer pricing; strictly control VAT refunds; work with related agencies to reorganize the model of duty-free stores and tax-free zones; handle cross-border smuggling; adjust levies on fertilizers; coordinate with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development to mull over VAT on husbandry food and fertilizers; allocate expenditures for the implementation of housing assistance policies; cooperate with the Committee on Ethnic Minority Affairs to arrange expenditures for implementation of ethnic minority policies; collaborate with ministries and agencies to continue realizing the market price roadmap for essential commodities and services in a transparent manner.
- The Ministry of Transport shall strengthen supervision of quality and beef up progress of important transport projects; take measures to ensure transport order and safety; check and handle the overload at some cargo ports; coordinate with the Ministry of Public Security and localities to strictly manage loading capacity of vehicles, give strict punishments to those who commit to wrongdoings in controlling vehicle load, and ensure traffic safety on roads and seaports.
- The Ministry of Construction shall take prime responsibility and coordinate with the Ministry of Finance, relevant ministries and agencies to speed up the realization of the program on building flood-proof housing in the Central region; accelerate the implementation of pro-poor housing development policies; cooperate with the State Bank of Viet Nam to effectively disburse the credit package for housing assistance.
- The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism shall direct the improvement of tourism service quality, proactively promote the country’s image and tourism products, attract foreign tourists to Viet Nam; conduct domestic tourism promotion programs; strengthen management, exploitation and usage of heritages in an effective manner; ensure order and security, environmental hygiene at tourism sites.
- The Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs shall take prime responsibility and coordinate with ministries, agencies and localities to fruitfully implement policies on social security and social welfare, particularly the timely supply of necessaries for households who lost homes as a result of torrential rains; effectively carry out programs on poverty reduction, job generation, labor export as well as polices for people with meritorious service to the nation and their relatives; collaborate with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to regularly keep a close watch on and proactively ensure safety for Vietnamese guest workers in Libya.
- The Ministry of Education and Training shall continue deploying the Government’s Action Program on the implementation of the Resolution adopted at the 8th Plenum of the 11th Party Central Committee on fundamental and comprehensive reform of education and training; promptly finalize and publicize the official plan on national exam which serves for recognition of high school graduation and for university and college admission, slated to begin in school year 2014-2015.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs shall coordinate with ministries and ministerial-level agencies to provide instructions relevant to the functions, tasks, powers, and organizational structure of specialized agencies under provincial and district-level People’s Committees; foster administrative reform in accordance the Public Administration Reform Master Plan, innovate public duty and civil servant regimes, focusing on defining job positions and structure of civil servants and public employees; quickly submit for promulgation of a Decree on assessment of officials, civil servants and public employees; publicize the Public Administrative Reform Index 2013; specify and announce levels of citizens’ satisfaction with public administration services, public healthcare services, public education services; promptly finalize the draft project to multiply the one-stop-shop mechanism, modern district-level one-stop-shop mechanism; continue streamlining administrative procedures; work with the Ministry of National Defense, the Ministry of Labor-Invalids and Social Affairs to quickly provide guidance on conferring the honorable title - Vietnamese Heroic Mother.
- The Government Inspectorate shall organize the implementation of the Law on Citizen Reception and Government’s Decree 64/2014/ND-CP; work with other ministries, agencies and localities to handle complaints and denunciations of citizens, especially prolonged cases involving a large number of people; hold reception of citizens in accordance with the regulations, proactively hold dialogues to definitively resolve complaint and denunciation cases right at local level; enhance anti-corruption work; inspect and announce inspection conclusions, supervise and speed up the implementation of post-inspection conclusions and directions of the Prime Minister.
- The Ministry of National Defense shall proactively prepare sovereignty defense plans; continue to consolidate and ensure safety for platforms at sea; stand ready to join hands in flood and storm prevention, search and rescue.
- The Ministry of Public Security shall keep a close watch on and work with the military forces to timely discover, combat and prevent acts conducted by hostile forces, reactionary subjects; drastically crack down on crime, especially black societies and drug criminals; strengthen patrols and controls, handle traffic violations, and ensure transport safety order.
- Municipal and provincial People’s Committees shall be in charge of directing, supervising and extricating business and production difficulties; promoting socio-economic development, and making substantial changes in advantageous areas. Chairmen of municipal and provincial People’s Committees shall direct load control of transport vehicles, strictly handle wrongdoings, and bear responsibility before the Government and the Prime Minister for wrongdoings on load management in their localities.
- The Ministry of Information and Communications, other ministries and agencies shall proactively provide information regarding orientations and policies of the Party and the State, Government’s measures and instructions related to issues of public concern. Press agencies intensify propagation to create consensus among the business circle and people in favor of the fulfillment of socio-economic development targets.
2. Regarding tax policies on removing difficulties for and fostering business development:
To extricate business community from difficulties, improve business environment and national competitiveness, the Government agreed on the tax measures proposed by the Ministry of Finance and assigned the Ministry of Finance to:
a) Take prime responsibility and collaborate with the Office of Government, the Ministry of Justice, related ministries and agencies to collect comments of the Cabinet members, finalize a Government’s draft resolution on tax measures to remove difficulties, obstacles for and beef up the development of enterprises then submit it to the Prime Minister for issuance.
b) Take prime responsibility and collaborate with the Ministry of Justice, the Office of Government, relevant ministers and agencies to collect comments of the Cabinet members to finalize draft decrees to amend and supplement Decree 65/2013/ND-CP Decree 83/2013/ND- CP, Decree 209/2013/ND-CP and Decree 218/2013/ND-CP and submit them to the Government in accordance with abridged procedures.
c) Take prime responsibility and collaborate with the Ministry of Justice, the Office of Government and related ministries and agencies to collect comments of the Cabinet members to finalize the National Assembly’s draft resolution to remove difficulties for enterprises. Authorized by the Prime Minister and on behalf of the Government, the Minister of Finance would present the draft resolution to the National Assembly.
3. Regarding the International Finance Corporation (IFC) which continues to send representatives to join the Board of Governors of the Viet Nam Joint Stock Commercial Bank for Industry and Trade:
To show the Vietnamese Government’s commitment to create a favorable business environment and protect legitimate rights of foreign investors, thus further attracting direct and indirect investment inflows in the time to come; and based on the capacity and performance of the IFC in Viet Nam, the Government approved the proposal of the State Bank of Viet Nam to allow the IFC to continue dispatching their representatives to join the Board of Governors of the bank. The State Bank of Viet Nam shall guide and conduct necessary procedures as regulated.
4. Regarding some mechanisms and policies for healthcare development:
To strengthen mobilization of social resources for healthcare development, reduce hospital overload, increase the number of sick-beds and develop modern techniques, ensure rights of medical insurance card holders, the poor, policy beneficiaries; promote renovation of management mechanisms over public services in line with Resolutions and Conclusions of the Party Central Committee, the Government agreed to:
a) Implement models and policies as put forth by the Ministry of Health at Statement 803/TTr-BYT and Statement 804/Ttr-BYT dated on July 25, 2014.
The Ministry of Health shall coordinate with the Office of Government to collect comments of the Cabinet members to compose a draft resolution on some mechanisms and policies for healthcare development; thereof continue to collect comments of the Cabinet members to finalize and submit it to the Prime Minister for issuance in August, 2014.
The Ministry of Health shall take prime responsibility and coordinate with related ministries and agencies to review and ask competent agencies to adjust and supplement the existing regulations in order to create a stable legal corridor for the implementation of the Resolution.
b) Extend the roadmap for granting practicing certificates and licenses for hospitals in accordance with Government’s Decree 87/2011/ND-CP to December 31, 2015:
5. For assigning the Prime Minister to conduct some duties in accordance with international treaties on behalf of the Government:
The Government agreed to issue a new resolution in replacement of Resolution 84/NQ-CP dated December 12, 2012 in accordance with the 2013 Constitution; assigned the Ministry of Justice to work with the Office of Government and relevant agencies to develop a draft resolution and submit it to the Prime Minister for issuance before August 20, 2014.
6. For application of Government’s Decree 40/2014/ND-CP dated May 12, 2014 prescribing the use and respectful appointment of individuals working in science and technology:
The Government agreed: Individuals who work in science and technology, retire in the period between July 1, 2014 and March 31, 2015, and meet the requirements prescribed at Item 1, Article 9 of Government’s Decree 40/2014/ND-CP shall be are allowed to extend their working time.
7. Regarding the Law on Military Service (revised):
The Minister of National Defense shall take prime responsibility and coordinate with the Ministry of Justice, the Office of Government and related agencies to collect comments of the Cabinet members, thereby correct and edit and finalize the draft law. Authorized by Prime Minister and on behalf of the Government, the Minister of National Defense shall present the bill to the National Assembly.
8. Regarding amendments to some articles of the Law on Special Consumption Tax:
The Government agreed the Law shall be revised in the direction that fizzy nonalcoholic drinks shall not be subjected to special consumption tax; special consumption taxes on tobacco and beer shall be increased in an appropriate roadmap with a view to protecting customers’ health and facilitating domestic production.
The Ministry of Finance shall take prime responsibility and coordinate with the Ministry of Justice, the Office of Government and related agencies to collect comments of the Cabinet members, thereby correct and edit and finalize the bill. Authorized by the Prime Minister and on behalf of the Government, the Minister of Finance shall present the draft law to the National Assembly.
9. Regarding the draft Law on Veterinary Law:
The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development shall take prime responsibility and coordinate with the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Finance, the Office of Government and related agencies to collect feedbacks of the Cabinet members, thereby correct and edit and finalize the draft Law. Authorized by the Prime Minister and on behalf of the Government, the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development shall present it to the National Assembly.
10. The draft Law on labor safety and hygiene
Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs shall take prime responsibility and coordinate with the Ministry of Justice, the Office of Government, and related agencies to collect comments of the Cabinet members, thereby correct and edit and finalize the draft Law. Authorized by the Prime Minister and on behalf of the Government, the Minister of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs shall present the draft Law to the National Assembly.
11. The draft Law on marine and islands resources and environment:
The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment shall take prime responsibility and coordinate with the Ministry of Justice, the Office of Government and relevant agencies to collect comments of the Cabinet members, thereby correct and edit and finalize the draft Law. Authorized by the Prime Minister and on behalf of the Government, the Minister of Natural Resources and Environment shall present it to the National Assembly.
12.The draft Ordinance on Environmental Police:
The Ministry of Public Security shall take prime responsibility and coordinate with the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, the Ministry of Finance, the Office of Government and related agencies to collect comments of the Cabinet members, thereby correct and edit and finalize the draft Ordinance. Authorized by the Prime Minister and on behalf of the Government, the Minister of Public Security shall present it to the National Assembly Standing Committee.
13. Amendments to the Civil Code:
The Government discussed and agreed on the goals, requirements, governing scope and basic contents of the bill presented by the Ministry of Justice. The Ministry of Justice shall take prime responsibility and coordinate with the Office of Government and related agencies to collect and explain comments of the Cabinet members; for controversial issues, the Ministry shall continue editing, completing and reporting to the Prime Minister before presenting to the National Assembly./.
ON BEHALF OF THE GOVERNMENT