Nội dung toàn văn Decision no. 1358/QD-TTg of October 16, 2001 approving the project on vietnam social insurance's information technology development in the 2001-2010 period
THE PRIME MINISTER OF GOVERNMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Hanoi, October 16, 2001
APPROVING THE PROJECT ON VIETNAM SOCIAL INSURANCE�S INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT IN THE 2001-2010 PERIOD
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government of September 30, 1992;
At the proposals of the General Director of Vietnam Social Insurance and the Minister of Planning and Investment,
Article 1.- To approve the project on Vietnam Social Insurance’s information technology development in the 2001-2010 period with the following major orientations:
1. General objectives:
To step by step deploy computerization applications in an uniform and comprehensive manner to professional operations of Vietnam Social Insurance from the central to district level, suitable to actual conditions of the social insurance of all levels.
2. Specific objectives:
a/ To develop specialized databases of the social insurance service as well as databases in service of internal management and administration.
b/ To equip a modern and synchronous hardware equipment system in the entire service and to formulate a wide area network (WAN for short) on the basis of inter-connecting local area networks (LAN for short), so as meet the requirements of managing the databases, on the principle of an open system, which is expandable, upgradeable and capable of exchanging information with other national and international systems.
c/ To train a contingent of cadres, specialists, technical workers and operators, who are capable of managing, and efficiently exploiting and using modern informatics technical facilities furnished to Vietnam Social Insurance.
3. Orientated overall model of information system of Vietnam Social Insurance
Vietnam Social Insurance’s system of professional data shall be organized according to the decentralization model, archived at 3 levels and furnished with back-up modes to assure the security and confidentiality of its data. Periodically, data shall be transmitted from lower levels to higher levels and vice versa, promptly serving the professional operations of Vietnam Social Insurance.
4. Projected total investment capital: Around VND 800,000 million.
5. The project shall be executed in two phases:
Phase I: 2001-2005;
Phase II: 2006-2010.
Article 2.- To approve the phase-I investment in the feasible project for "Application of information technology to Vietnam Social Insurance in the 2001-2005 period" with the following principal contents:
1. Project’s title: Application of information technology to Vietnam Social Insurance in the 2001-2005 period.
2. Objectives: To computerize operations of managing social insurance participants, social insurance revenues and expenditures, social insurance funds and a number of internal activities of Vietnam Social Insurance from the grassroots to central level.
3. Locations: The executive center at 61E De La Thanh street, Dong Da district, Hanoi; head offices of the Social Insurance in the provinces and centrally-run cities; and head offices of the Social Insurance in urban districts and provincial towns.
4. Investor: Vietnam Social Insurance.
5. Major project items:
a/ Construction and installation:
- To upgrade houses, workshops, infrastructure and support facilities of Vietnam Social Insurance.
- To build the Information Technology Training Center of Vietnam Social Insurance.
b/ Equipment and technology:
- The information technology system of Vietnam Social Insurance consists of: One main control center and one reserve center; the information technology system in service of activities conducted at the headquarters of Vietnam Social Insurance;
- The information technology systems for Social Insurance in the provinces, centrally-run cities, urban districts, rural districts, provincial capitals and towns;
- The system of specialized databases of the social insurance service;
- The information technology training establishments of the social insurance service;
- The system for maintenance, repair and upgrading of hardware equipment at the central and regional levels.
c/ Training, system repair and upgrading:
- To provide information technology training for officials and employees of Vietnam Social Insurance.
- To maintain, repair and upgrade the hardware equipment system.
6. Total investment capital and capital sources for the 2001-2005 period:
The projected total investment capital is VND 628,900 million, in which:
+ For construction and installation: VND 14,500 million.
+ For equipment and technology: VND 551,386 million.
+ Other expenses: VND 31,055 million.
+ Reserves: VND 31,959 million.
Investment capital sources shall come from the growth investment interests of the Vietnam Social Insurance Fund in 5 years (50%) and from other sources of self-mobilization.
7. Project management and execution:
a/ The project shall be administered by a manager.
b/ The project shall be executed by the mode of bidding as prescribed.
Article 3.- Organization of implementation
The General Director of Vietnam Social Insurance shall be responsible for managing and administering the project in strict compliance with the current regulations on investment and construction management; opting for investment plans that can bring about practical efficiency for activities of the social insurance service.
To assign the Ministry of Planning and Investment and the Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment to guide and inspect the execution of this project.
Article 4.- This Decision takes effect 15 days after its signing.
Article 5.- The ministers, the heads of the ministerial-level agencies, the heads of the agencies attached to the Government and the presidents of the People’s Committees of the provinces and centrally-run cities shall have to implement this Decision.
FOR THE PRIME MINISTER