Nội dung toàn văn Circular No. 32/2015/TT-BGDDT determination of enrollment targets of higher education institutions
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND TRAINING
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, December 16, 2015
REGULATIONS ON DETERMINATION OF ENROLLMENT TARGETS OF HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS
Pursuant to the Law on Higher Education dated June 18, 2012;
Pursuant to the Decree No. 32/2008/ND-CP on functions, powers, responsibilities and the organizational structure of the Ministry of Education and Training dated March 19, 2008 by the Government;
Pursuant to the Decree No. 141/2013/ND-CP on detailing and providing instructions on the implementation a number of articles of the Law on Higher Education dated October 24, 2013 by the Government;
Pursuant to the Decree No. 48/2015/ND-CP on detailing a number of articles of the Law on Vocational Education dated May 15, 2015 by the Government;
Pursuant to the Decision No. 70/2014/QD-TTg on issuance of university charters dated December 10, 2014 by the Prime Minister.
At the requests of the Director of the Department of Planning and Finance.
The Minister of Education and Training issues a Decision:
Article 1. This Circular is issued together with a Decision on determination of enrollment targets of higher education institutions.
Article 2. This Circular comes into effect from February 01, 2016.
Regulations which apply to universities, academies, colleges and research institutes licensed for doctoral training as prescribed in the Circular No. 57/2011/TT-BGDDT on determination of enrollment targets of doctor’s degree, master’s degree, associate degree and professional degree dated December 01, 2011 by the Ministry of Education and Training and the circular No. 20/2012/TT-BGDDT dated June 12, 2012 by the Ministry of Education and Training amending Article 6 of the Circular 57/2011/TT-BGDDT shall expire from the date on which this Circular takes effect.
Article 3. The Chief of Office and Director the Department of Planning and Finance. Heads of relevant units under the Ministry of Education and Training; Directors of universities and Institutes, Rectors of universities and Directors of Research Institutes which are licensed for doctoral programs and other relevant organizations, authorities and individuals shall be responsible for the implementation of this Circular.
ON DETERMINATION OF ENROLLMENT TARGETS OF HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTES
(Issued together with the Circular No. 32/2015/TT-BGDDT dated December 16, 2015 by the Minister of Education and Training)
Article 1. Scope of application and regulated entities
1. This Circular regulates the determination of enrollment targets of universities, academies, colleges and research institutes licensed for doctoral training (hereinafter referred to as universities) including requirements, principles of determination of enrollment targets, procedures for application for registration of enrollment targets and sanctions for violations.
2. This Circular applies to universities and relevant organizations, authorities and individuals.
Article 2. Overall objectives
1. Encourage universities to improve conditions for assurance of training and educational quality.
2. Accord universities the autonomy in determination and implementation of annual enrollment targets.
3. Ensure the public access to and transparency for determination and announcement of annual enrollment targets.
4. Balance the scale of educational programs to meet the social needs.
Article 3. Interpretation of terms
1. Fields of study.
A field of study consists of one or more discipline(s) in the list of education and training group II stipulated in the Decision No. 38/2009/QD-TTg on issuance of the list of education and training of the national training system dated March 09, 2009 by the Prime Minister. Seven fields of study shall be presented in the Annex 03 of this Circular.
2. Tenured lecturers
a) A tenured lecturer of a public university is a civil servant who is recruited, employed and managed under regulations of laws on civil servants.
b) A tenured lecturer of a private university is a non-civil servant nor public employee who signs a 36-month labor contract or permanent labor contract under the Labor Code and does not enter into a 3-month contract or any contracts which has longer duration with other employers; the tenured lecturer is paid his/her salary and allowances or entitled to employee’s benefits under current regulations of laws.
3. Converted lecturer quantity.
The number of converted degree-based lecturers of a university means the number of lecturers of a university holding different degrees which is converted by the following conversion factors:
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Associate Professor
Article 4. The number of converted lecturers according to fields of study
1. A number of converted lecturers according to fields of study (known as fields) shall be calculated by following equation:
GVi = GVni + GVmc x GVni/GVn
GVi: the total number of converted lecturers in the field i;
GVni: The number of lecturers in a discipline of the field i according to the degree;
GVmc: The number of lecturers in common subjects at universities by the degree;
GVn: The total number of lecturers in disciplines of all fields converted by the degree of the university.
There are 02 fields including field V and field VII in university A. There are 120 degree-based converted lecturers; 20 lecturers in common subjects and 100 lecturers in disciplines. There are 80 lecturers in field VII in all fields (occupying 80% of the total number of lecturers in fields) and 20 lecturers in field V (accounting for 20% of the total number of lecturers in fields) out of total 100 lecturers.
In this case, 80% of the total number of lecturers in common subjects (equivalent to 16 lecturers) shall be assigned field VII. Therefore, the number of lecturers as the basis for determination of the enrollment target for field VII shall be 96.
20% of the total number of lecturers in common subjects (equivalent to 04 lecturers) shall be assigned field V. Therefore, the number of lecturers as the basis for determination of the enrollment target for field V shall be 24.
2. If a lecturer teaches multiple fields, this lecturer shall only be counted once to determine the enrollment target.
3. The enrollment target shall be determined based on the number of tenured lecturers of the university.
Article 5. Criteria for determination of the maximum enrollment targets of universities
1. Criterion 1: The number of full-time students including students in bachelor’s degree, associate degree, professional degree and educational bridge programs and/or second degree programs under full-time education (hereinafter referred to as full-time students) shall be determined according to a converted lecturer in a field of a university.
a) The number of full-time students per a converted lecturer shall not exceed the following target permitted limit:
The number of full-time students/ 01 converted lecturer:
b) Calculation methods:
The maximum enrollment target shall be equal to the number of full-time student in a field of a university divided by the total number of converted lecturer of this field.
c) If the number of full-time students per a converted lecturer in a field exceeds the number of full-time students prescribed in point a of this Clause, the annual enrollment target for this field shall not exceed a quarter of the field training capacity.
2. Criterion 2: the floor area directly designed for training and educational activities per a full-time student.
a) The floor area shall not be less than 2.5 m2
b) Facilities of such floor area:
- Hall, lecture halls, classrooms of all kind; and/or
- Library, learning resource center; and/or
- Laboratories, multifunctional sport hall, practice rooms, workshops.
c) Calculation methods:
The total area of 03 facilities specified in point b of this clause divided by the total number of full-time students of the university.
3. Criterion 3: The maximum number of full-time students of a university
a) The maximum number of full-time students of a university shall meet the following requirements:
- Do not exceed 8,000 full-time students for the university training for field VI;
- Do not exceed 5,000 full-time students, for the university providing field II;
- Do not exceed 15,000 full-time students for the university providing field I, III, IV, V and VI;
b) The maximum number of full-time students of a national and regional university shall be depending on according to its member universities.
c) The Minister of Education and Training shall consider and make decisions with respect of special cases.
Article 6. Rules for determination of maximum enrollment targets
1. An annual enrollment target for full-time students of a university shall meet 03 criteria mentioned in Article 5 of this Circular.
2. The criteria are used for determining the annual enrollment target for each field; the criteria 2 and 3 are used for determining the annual enrollment targets for universities.
3. Universities shall not be licensed for college and vocational training except for those providing field II and universities under provinces or centrally – affiliated cities not being licensed for provision of field I for colleges and vocational training.
4. The annual enrollment targets of associate degree of universities that provide associate degree programs shall be reduced by 30% in comparison with that in 2015 and expected to aim at zero by 2020.
5. Universities that provide vocational training shall terminate their provision of such training by 2017.
6. The enrollment target of full-time bridge programs shall not exceed 15% of the total enrollment target for field VI; and shall not exceed 20% of the total full-time enrollment targets for other fields.
Article 7. The maximum enrollment targets of continuing education
1. Enrollment targets of on-the-job training programs.
a) The total enrollment target of on-the-job training and bridge programs and second degree program shall not exceed 30% of the total specified enrollment target for full-time students of the university.
b) The Minister of Education and Training shall consider making decisions on assignment of training and educational duties in order to improve lecturer's standards and qualifications of health workers and training activities in art and agriculture, forestry fields and others.
2. The distance education enrollment target shall be considered based on the distance program in university‘s schemes. Universities shall not be licensed for provision of distance programs field I;
Article 8. Rules for determination of the maximum enrollment targets of doctoral and master’s programs
1. Determination of doctoral programs:
The maximum annual enrollment target for a doctoral program of a university licensed for distance education is calculated as follows:
CTts.max = Qts.max - (Qts.hc - Qts.tn)
■ CTts.max: the maximum annual enrollment target for a doctoral program
■ Qts.max : the maximum training and educational scale of a doctoral program
■ Qts.hc: the training and educational scale of the existing doctoral programs
■ Qts.tn: the number of Ph.D graduates in the year
The maximum annual enrollment target for a doctoral program of a university is calculated as follows:
Qts.max = 3 x GVts + 4 x GVpgs + 5 x GVgs
■ GVts : the number of tenured doctors of philosophy
■ GVpgs : the number of tenured associate professors
■ GVgs : the number of tenured professors
2. Determination of enrollment targets for master’s programs:
The maximum annual enrollment target for a master’s program of a university licensed for master’s program is calculated as follows:
CTths.max = 3 x GVts + 5 x GVpgs + 7 x GVgs
■ CTts.max : the maximum annual enrollment target for an master’s program
■ GVts : the number of tenured doctors of philosophy
■ GVpgs : the number of tenured associate professors
■ GVgs : the number of tenured professors
3. Determination of the enrollment target for a doctoral and/or master’s program of a university shall comply with Article 3 of this Circular.
Article 9. Procedures for registration and announcement of enrollment targets
1. All universities shall independently determine and register their annual enrollment targets with the Ministry of Education and Training.
2. A university is required to obtain a written consent from its direct supervisory authority to the enrollment target for the field I when registering the university’s enrollment target to the Ministry of Education and Training.
3. The time for determination and implementation of enrollment targets of universities shall be expressed in calendar year.
4. Data used for determination of enrollment targets shall be the annual data of universities updated as at December 31.
5. Registration of enrollment targets in the successive year shall comply with the Annex 1 and 2 to this Circular and shall be submitted to the Ministry of Education and Training (the Department of Planning and Finance) by January 15th of each year.
6. After receipt of the application for registration of the enrollment target of a university, the Ministry of Education and Training shall send a notification of the approved enrollment target to each university by February 28th every year.
Article 10. Inspection, examination and imposition of sanctions against violations
1. An inspection of the implementation and determination of enrollment targets of each university shall be conducted on the annual basis by the Ministry of Education and Training.
2. Any universities violating regulations on criteria for determination of enrolment targets of various fields, multiple criteria and committing repeated violations shall be subject to deprivation of their autonomy in determination of enrolment targets or suspension of enrollment.
3. If the enrollment target of a university exceeds that approved by the Ministry of Education and Training, the surplus in comparison with the approved target shall be deducted from the following year enrollment target of this university and the defaulting university shall be subject to sanctions as promulgated in the Decree No. 138/2013/ND-CP on administrative penalties in education dated October 22, 2013 by the Government.
Sanctions against offenders shall comply with current regulations on college and university enrollment.
4. Violations against the enrollment targets committed by a university shall be dealt with in the context of its specific field and in the entire universities.
Article 11. Responsibilities of universities
1. Ensure the reliability and accuracy of lecturer and facility data in determination of annual enrollment targets.
2. Provide adequate information to verify the registered enrollment target as requested by the Ministry Education and Training.
3. Report the enrolment result of the previous year and register the enrollment target of the following year on the stipulated date./.
This translation is made by LawSoft and for reference purposes only. Its copyright is owned by LawSoft and protected under Clause 2, Article 14 of the Law on Intellectual Property.Your comments are always welcomed