Nội dung toàn văn Decision No. 01/2012/QD-TTg on some policies supporting the application
THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, January 09th 2012
ON SOME POLICIES SUPPORTING THE APPLICATION OF THE METHOD OF GOOD AGRICULTURAL PRACTICES TO AGRICULTURE, SILVICULTURE, AND AQUACULTURE
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Government organization dated December 25th 2001;
Pursuant to the Law of Food safety dated June 17th 2010;
At the proposal of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural development,
Article 1. Scope of regulation
This Decree prescribes some policies on supporting the production, and raw preparation of agricultural, silvicultural, and aquacultural products that apply the method of Good agricultural practices.
Article 2. Subjects of application
Organizations, individuals, and households that produce and preliminarily prepare agricultural, silvicultural, and aquacultural products in the List of supported products prescribed by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural development and People’s Committees of central-affiliated cities and provinces.
Article 3. Interpretation of terms
The terms in this Decision are construed as follows:
1. The method of Good agricultural practices comprises the VietGAP (Vietnamese Good Agricultural Practices) promulgated by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural development, and other GAP standards, standards of organic agriculture recognized and applied by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural development (hereinafter referred to as VietGAP).
2. The application of VietGAP is the application of VietGAP at one of the two following levels:
a) Applying the primary criteria of VietGAP relevant to food safety, and tracing the origins specified in the Technical standards and the Regulation on food safety conditions applicable to producing and preparing establishments, the Technical standards and the Regulation on the conditions for food safety (hereinafter referred to as Technical standards);
b) Applying all the criteria of VietGAP relevant to food safety, tracing the origin, protecting the environment and health of workers during the production and preliminary preparation of products.
3. Safe products are agricultural, silvicultural, and aquacultural products that are assessed, certified, and announced as products being produced and prepared in conformity with Technical standards or VietGAP.
Article 4. Requirements for organizations and individuals
Organizations, individuals, and households that produce and prepare agricultural, silvicultural, and aquacultural products must satisfy the following conditions:
1. Applying VietGAP to production and preparation;
2. Having contracts or plans for selling products.
Article 5. Some policies
1. The State budget shall support 100% cost of the fundamental investigation, topographic surveys, analysis of soil, water, and air to determine the concentrated areas of production to execute the agricultural, silvicultural, and aquacultural projects that apply VietGAP approved by competent authorities.
2. The State budget shall support:
a) Up to 50% of the total investment in building and renovating roads, irrigation system, pumping stations, low-voltage supply system, waste treatment system, water supply and drainage system of the concentrated areas of production to suit the technical requirements of VietGAP. The supportive budget must comply with the Regulation on the management of investment and construction;
b) The training provided for managers, technicians and agricultural extension officers; vocational training provided for rural workers that apply VietGAP to the production and preparation of safe products; the compilation and printing of documents and forms serving the classes;
c) The cost of certification for issuing the Certificate of safe products;
d) The application of new technologies in using varieties able to resist pest, biological pesticides, pesticides of biological origins, and the application of Integrated Pest Management and Integrated Crop Management;
dd) The trade promotion activities as prescribed in the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 72/2010/QĐ-TTg dated November 15th 2010, promulgating the regulation on the development, management, and execution of the national trade promotion program.
3. The organizations and individuals investing in the production and preparation of products that apply VietGAP are also eligible for other supportive and preferential policies as prescribed by current law provisions, apart from the policies prescribed in Clause 1, Clause 2 this Article.
4. Financial mechanism:
a) The central budget shall invest and support the cost of agricultural extension and scientific activities via the projects and programs about the application of VietGAP, and other relevant projects and programs;
b) The Presidents of People’s Committees of central-affiliated cities and provinces shall decide the particular support for the contents in this Decision depending on the local condition, the current mechanism and policies, using the local budget, the aid from the central programs and projects, and other lawful capital sources.
Article 6. Implementation organization
1. Provincial People’s Committees must:
a) Specify the content and rate of support; the list of local specialities eligible for the support apart from the Product list made by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural development;
b) Direct the approval of the planning for concentrated areas of production;
c) Organize, guide, monitor, inspect, and supervise the implementation of this Decision and the regime for periodic reports as prescribed by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural development.
2. The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural development must:
a) Promulgate VietGAP, Technical standards, and the List of supported products, recognize the application of other GAP standards and standards of organic agriculture;
b) Lead and cooperate with the Ministry of Planning and Investment and the Ministry of Finance in compiling Joint Circulars guiding the implementation of this Decision;
c) Allocating annual budget for agricultural extension and scientific activities; combining the relevant the projects and programs to support the application of VietGAP nationwide;
d) Annually summarize, assess the implementation, and send reports to the Prime Minister.
3. The relevant Ministries and sectors must cooperate with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural development in the implementation of this Decision.
4. The Associations shall cooperate with relevant agencies in the encouraging producers to apply VietGAP, and traders to sell safe products.
Article 7. Implementation provisions
1. This Decision takes effect on February 25th 2012, and supersedes the Decision No. 107/2008/QĐ-TTg dated July 30th 2008 of the Prime Minister on some policies supporting the production, processing, and sale of safe vegetables, fruits, and tea by 2015.
2. The Ministers, Heads of ministerial-level agencies, Heads of Governmental agencies, the Presidents of People’s Committees of central-affiliated cities and provinces, and Heads of relevant agencies are responsible for the implementation of this Decision.
FOR THE PRIME MINISTER
This translation is made by LawSoft, for reference only. LawSoft is protected by copyright under clause 2, article 14 of the Law on Intellectual Property. LawSoft always welcome your comments