Nội dung toàn văn Decision No,. 1035/QD-BTNMT of May 19, 2008, on the mandate, tasks, powers and organisation of the Department of Water Resources Management
MINISTRY OF NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, May 19th 2008
ON THE MANDATE, TASKS, POWERS AND ORGANISATION OF THE DEPARTMENT OF WATER RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
THE MINISTER OF NATURAL RESOURCES AND ENVIRONMENT
Pursuant to Decree 178/2007/ND-CP dated December 3, 2008 of the Government regulating the function, tasks, authorities and organisation of the Ministries and equivalent organizations;
Pursuant to Decree 25/ND-CP dated March 4, 2008 of the Government regulating function, tasks, authorities and organisation of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment;
At the request of the Director of the Department of Organisation and Personnel and the Director of Department of Water Resources Management,
Article 1. Position and Mandate
The Department of Water Resources Management is a subordinate agency of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment. It has function to advise and assist the Minister in state management and implementing the rights and obligations of state management of water resources in the whole country.
The Department of Water Resources Management is a legal entity, and has stamp and account as the Law.
Article 2. Tasks and Powers
1. To submit to the Minister legal documents, mechanisms, policies in the Ministry’s management in water resources field; to instruct, inspect and arrange the implementation after approval.
2. To submit to the Minister strategies, development plannings, long-term, five-year and annual plans on water resources; to instruct, inspect and arrange the implementation after approval.
3. To submit to the Minister the methods of water resources use to maintain sustainable development and server multi-purposes; solutions to protection, prevention and control of water resources degradation and exhaustion, and responses to the impacts in water resources caused by the climate change; to instruct, inspect and arrange the implementation after approval.
4. To take the lead to develop regulations on basic standards, national standards, national technique norms, unit price and cost recovery norm in water resources; to instruct, inspect and arrange the implementation after promulgation.
5. To submit to the Minister the decision on water resources directory categories; to carry the statistics, inventory, store the information and figures of water resources; to provide information and figures of water resources based on the regulation; to periodically report to the Minister the statistic norms of water resources as regulated.
6. To submit to the Minister the guidelines and policies on the international cooperation with regional nations which have the same sources of water; the regulations on information exchange related to international water resources; the recommendation of implementation after approval.
7. To submit to the Minister the orders and procedures to settle the dispute of water supply; to take the lead and cooperate with related organizations to settle the dispute of water supple.
8. To submit to the Minister the draft regulation on the supervision of water resources exploitation and use; to identify and inform the threshold of water exploitation in rivers and aquifers, storage areas water, restriction areas of groundwater; to instruct, inspect the implementation after approval; to implement the supervision of water resources exploitation and use.
9. To submit to the Minister the plans of water resources proper allocation among industries, local areas based on territories and the whole countries; to arrange the implementation after approval.
10. To submit to the Minister or on behalf of the Minister to issue, revoke the licenses in water resources; to instruct, inspect the licenses issue water resources in local authorities.
11. To submit to the Minister the programmers, projects in water resources; to assess, accept and synthesize the results; to store the documents of results.
12. To cooperate with related agencies to develop mechanisms, policies, taxes, charges, fees; to identify incomes and economic incentive measures in exploitation, use and protection of water resources; to instruct, inspect the implementation after approval.
13. To assess the plannings of water exploitation, use, water shifting projects between basins developed by ministries, industries and local authorities.
14. To arrange the application of the advances in science and technology of water resources; to develop and maintain information systems, national dataset in water resources; to announce sectors, localities the potential of water supply under the Ministry’s management to support them in developing plannings and plans of water use.
15. To instruct the professional knowledge and proficiencies of water resources management to localities; to inspects organizations and individuals in implementing the regulations in water resources.
16. To cooperate with Department of Inspection of Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment in inspection of water resources.
17. To carry out international treaties in water resources fields which Vietnam signed or committed to implement; to carry out international cooperation projects, scientific research projects, programmers and other projects related to water resources assigned by the Minister.
18. To organize the communications and instruct organizations and people to follow the Law on water resources; to participate in training personnel and staff in the professional knowledge and proficiencies of water resources as assigned by Minister.
19. To be the Office of the National Water Resources Council.
20. To manage financial sources and assets belongs to the Department; to manage financing and accounting of the Department’s subordinate agencies as regulated by the law.
21. To implement the administration reform in accordance with the Ministry’s programmers and plans or as assigned by the Minister.
22. To manage and organize the Department’s personnel and staff in accordance with the Ministry’s devolution and regulations of the law
23. To do periodical and unexpected reports on the implementation of assigned tasks.
24. To implement other tasks assigned by Minister.
Article 3. Organizational Structure
1. Management Board:
The Department's leadership composites of one Director General and several Deputy Directors General.
The Director General is responsible to the Minister for implementing tasks assigned by the Minister and for regulating specific functions, tasks and powers of the Department's subordinate agencies and working procedures for the Department itself.
The Deputy Directors General are responsible to the Director General for tasks assigned by the Director General.
2. Functional Divisions
a) Division of Planning and Synthesis;
b) Division of Science, Technology and International Cooperation;
c) Division of Legislation and Policies on water resources;
d) Division of Water Resources Investigation and Supervision Management;
dd) Division of Water Resources Planning and Exploitation Management;
e) Department Office.
a) Centre for Water Resources Technology;
b) Centre for Water Resources Assessment and Consultancy;
c) Centre for Water Resources Information and Economic.
Department Office and Centers have their own stamps and accounts according to the Law.
Article 4: Validity and Implementation Responsibility
The Decision shall take effect after being signed and replace for the Decision 600/2003/QD-BTNMT dated May 8th, 2003.
The Director of the Department of Water Resources Management, the Director of the Department of Organisation and Personnel, heads of agencies and units under the Ministry are bound to implement this Decision./.