Nội dung toàn văn Decision No. 1278/QD-BYT stipulating functions, tasks, power
THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Hanoi April 20, 2010
STIPULATING FUNCTIONS, TASKS, POWER AND ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE HEALTH ENVIRONMENT MANAGEMENT AGENCY OF THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH
THE MINISTER OF HEALTH
Pursuant to Decree 178/2007/ND dated 03 December 2007 of the Government stipulating functions, tasks, powers and the organization structure at Ministry and Ministerial level;
Pursuant to Decree 188/2007/ND-CP dated 27 December 2007 of the Government stipulating the functions, tasks, power and organization structure of the Ministry of Health;
Pursuant to Decree 22/2010/ND-CP dated 09 March 2010 of the Government on the amendment, complementation of Decree 188/20107/ND-CP dated 27 December 2007 of the Government stipulating the functions, tasks, power and the organization structure of the Ministry of Health;
Pursuant to Decree 81/2007/ND-CP dated 23 May 2007 of the Government stipulating the organization of the specialized service on environment protection at State services and establishments on environment protection;
On proposal of the Director, Department of Personnel & Organization, Ministry of Health,
Article 1. Position, functions
The Health Environment Management Agency (HEMA), an organization belonging to the Ministry of Health, is commissioned to advise to the Minister of Health, to implement functions of the Ministry related to health environment, including: protection of environment of medical establishments, protection of environment in burial activities, environmental health; hygiene and occupational health, occupational diseases prevention and accident & injury prevention, control of health impact due to climate change; management of chemicals, disinfectants, insecticide products for domestic and medical use and other tasks related to health environment according to Law.
The Health Environment Management Agency is a legal body, has its own seal, account, and office in Hanoi.
Article 2. Functions and power
1. To preside over in setting up strategy, scheme, and plan for environment protection in the health sector, integrating the environment protection into the strategy, scheme, and action plan of the health sector to submit to authorized level for assessment, approval and to organize the implementation after they are approved.
2. To draft legal documents on environment protection activities for medical establishments. Prepare and submit to upper level for the promulgation of national technical standards on environmental health, quality of health environment and environment protection in burial activities; hygiene of drinking and domestic water, environmental health, hygiene and occupational health, occupational disease prevention and accident & injury prevention, control of health impact due to climate change; management of chemicals, disinfectants, insecticide products for domestic and medical use; recommend to apply effective measures of environment standards in the health sector according to laws;
3. To communicate, inform and educate international & national laws on and regulations related to environment protection in health activities. Organize, guide and implement legal documents on environment protection under the management of the Ministry of Health.
4. To steer, give guidance and organize the implementation of tasks on: development and assessment of evaluation reports on environment strategy; organize the implementation of health environment observation and monitoring,
5. To organize, evaluate the impact of Ministry of Health’s projects on environment, warnings on environment activities in the field of health; prevent and response to environmental incidents; overcome pollution of health environment, restore the health environment; propose solutions for conservation and sustainable development in the field of health.
6. To organize evaluation the impact of climate change, environment and environment pollution maker agents, dioxin... on health. Preside over, guide, organize the implementation the assessment and check over programs, projects, scientific works, technology on environment protection under the management field covered by the Ministry of Health;
7. To preside over, guide and implement community environmental sanitation activities; supervise the quality of domestic water; guide and supervise standards, technical regulations on hygienic works of households, guide and supervise the protection of environment in burial activities; supervise environment health, hygiene and occupational health, occupational disease prevention and accident & injury prevention, prevention of health impact due to climate change;
8. To manage, guide and organize to implement the registration for circulation of chemicals, insecticides, disinfectants in domestic and medical use. To organize the approval of content used in advertisement of chemicals, insecticides, disinfectants in domestic and medical use.
9. To preside over, guide the conduct, transfer and application of scientific-technological research findings on health environment protection; exchange scientific environmental information and documents within the country or with other countries according to law.
10. To direct and guide technical activities in the assigned field to lower level health facilities and health facilities of other ministries and branches; participate in planning organization structure of the system implementing environment protection activities in health sector; provide training and retraining environment protection for officials and staff of health units in health sector and other sectors.
11.To preside over, collaborate with relevant agencies and units to inspect, detect and recommend penalties or penalize, according to the Agency’s competence, law violations of units in health sector regarding environment protection, environmental health, occupational hygiene and health, explosion and fire prevention, occupational disease prevention and injury prevention; collaborate with Ministry’s Inspection Department and competent Governmental agencies to carry out inspection in the assigned field.
12. To compile, store data and information on health environment and conduct reporting as per regulations.
13. To collaborate with International Cooperation Department to manage international cooperation activities on environment protection in the health sector as assigned by the Minister.
14. To manage and allocate budget and funds from projects and funding sources for environment protection; manage the personnel, implement personnel policies and mechanism for officials and staff in the Agency; manage the assigned assets and other resources according to law.
15. To carry out other tasks as assigned by the Minister of Health.
Article 3. Structure and implementation mechanism
1. Agency’s leaders will include General-Director and General-Deputy Directors.
General-Director and Deputy General-Directors are appointed or dismissed by the Minister of Health as per regulations.
The Director-General will bear the responsibility for all activities of the Agency before the Minister and the Law. Deputy Director-Generals will assist the Director-General and will be assigned by the Director-General to be in charge of some activities. Deputy Director-Generals will bear the responsibility for all assigned activities before the Director-General and the Law.
2. Structure of the Agency:
a. The cabinet office
b. Division of Planning – Finance
c. Division of Health Facilities’ Environment.
d. Division of Community Environmental Health
e. Division of Occupational Health and Injury Prevention
f. Division of Chemical Management – Health Environment Impact Assessment
g. Professional units under the Agency: Health Environment Information Center.
3. Working mechanism
a. The Health Environment Management Agency will be operated following the One Leader Regimen.
b. Functions, tasks and power of the Cabinet Office and other Departments under the Agency will be stipulated by the Director- General based on the Agency’s functions, tasks and power assigned by the Minister of Health. The relations between the Cabinet Office and other Divisions under the Agency will be regulated by the Director.
c. The appointment or dismissal for Cabinet Office and Division leadership will be executed as per applicable procedures..
d. Agency leaders, Secretariat leaders and Division leaders will have allowances as per regulations.
Personnel of the Health Environment Management Agency will be identified as per Minister of Health’s Decision and will be adjusted on an annual basis based on the needs and upon Director’s request.
5. The budget for Health Environment Management Agency will consist of Governmental budget and other legal funding sources.
Article 4. Validity
This Decision will become valid from May 1st, 2010.
Article 5. Implementation responsibility
Chief of Ministry Cabinet Office, Chief of Health Inspectorate, Ministry’s Department Directors, Agency/Administration Directors and Director – General under the Ministry of Health and leaders of relevant agencies and units and relating individuals will execute this Decision.
MINISTER OF HEALTH