Decree No. 29-CP of Government, on duties, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Education and Training. đã được thay thế bởi Decree No. 85/2003/ND-CP of July 18, 2003, prescribing the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Education and Training và được áp dụng kể từ ngày 12/08/2003.
Nội dung toàn văn Decree No. 29-CP of Government, on duties, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Education and Training.
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Hanoi, March 30, 1994
ON DUTIES, POWERS AND ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated September30, 1992 ;
- Pursuant to Government Decree No.15-CP dated March 2, 1993 on duties,powers and responsibilities for exercising State management of the Ministries andMinisterial-level Offices ;
- In consideration of the proposal of the Minister of Education andTraining and the Minister-Head of the Government Committee on Organization and Personnel,
Article 1. The Ministry of Education and Training is a Governmentagency which exercises State management over activities relating to education in the wholecountry, including pre-school education, general education, vocational education, tertiaryeducation and continued education for the purposes of improving the people's knowledge,training of personnel, fostering talents, meeting the requirements for nationalconstruction and defense.
Article 2. The Ministry of Education and Training is responsiblefor executing the duties, powers and State management responsibilities as a Ministry orMinisterial-level Office as stipulated in Decree No.15-CP dated March 2, 1993 by theGovernment. They are :
1. Submitting proposals to the Government for decision on schoolnetwork lists of vocations to be given training at schools and other institutes forpost-graduates (hereinafter referred to as university).
2. Promulgating regulations in respect of the lists of vocations to begiven training at professional and vocational schools, the establishment or dissolution ofkindergartens general schools at all levels and vocational secondary schools ; as well asthe targets, curriculums, contents and methods for education and training at all levels.
3. Reviewing and giving permission for publishing all kinds oftextbooks and printed matters for education and training.
4. Providing regulations on enrolments, management of pupils, studentsand post-graduates (including foreign students studying in Vietnam) for study at schoolsin Vietnam and for overseas training after selection.
5. Stipulating criteria for evaluation of educational and trainingresults, as well as procedures for issuance and withdrawal of diplomas and other academicrecords.
6. Stipulating norms for school equipment and facilities, the use andmaintenance of the same; studying and designing models for schools, classrooms andteaching aids.
7. Coordinating with the relevant offices in preparing standards andnorms and criteria applicable to teachers at kindergartens, primary and secondary schools,vocational secondary schools and universities.
8. Directing and supervising the implementation of educational targets,curriculums, contents and plans for education and training, and regulations specifiedprofessionally for different categories of school.
9. Exercising uniform management over activities relating to training,refresher training and use of the teaching staff at all grades in accordance with theeducational targets, curriculums and contents of training for different types of schools,such as public, semi-public and private schools.
10. Submitting to the Government for promulgation of Regulations onorganization of and decision on the establishment of, merger with or dissolution ofuniversities.
11. Providing nation-wide inspection of the educational service.
Article 3. The organizational structure of the Ministry ofEducation and Training is composed of :
1. Bodies assisting the Minister in exercising State management :
1. The Department for Planning and Finance ;
2. The Department for Organization-Personnel ;
3. The Department for International Relations ;
4. The Department for Science and Technology ;
5. The Department for Pre-school Education ;
6. The Department for Primary Education ;
7. The Department for Secondary Education ;
8. The Department for Vocational Secondary Education ;
9. The Department for University Education ;
10. The Department for Post-graduate Education ;
11. The Department for Continued Education ;
12. The Department for Political Works ;
13. The Department for Teachers ;
14. The Department for Education for Constitution ;
15. The Department for Education for National Defense ;
16. The Inspection Board ;
17. The Ministry's Office.
2/ Non-profit bodies under the Ministry's management :
1. The Scientific Institute for Education ;
2. The Research Institute for Educational Development.
- Regarding the universities and colleges which are belonged to theMinistry, the Minister of Education and Training shall be responsible to coordinate withthe Minister-Head of the Government Committee on Organization and Personnel inre-arranging for submission to the Government to determine for each specific case.
- Other non-profit units under the Ministry, shall be subject todecision by the Minister of Education and Training after having agreed with theMinister-Head of the Government Committee Organization and Personnel .
3. All enterprises under the Ministry, shall be organized and operatedin accordance with the relevant stipulations of the Government.
The specific duties and powers of the said enterprises, shall bedetermined by the Minister of Education and Training.
Article 4. This Decree comes into force as from the date of itspromulgation. Decree No.418-HDBT dated December 7, 1990 by the Council of Ministersstipulating the functions, duties, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry ofEducation and Training and other previous stipulations which are in contrary to thisDecree, shall be annulled.
Article 5. The Minister of Education and Training, other Ministers,the Heads of the Ministerial-level Agencies and other offices under the Government and theChairmen of the People's Committees of the provinces and centrally-ruled cities areresponsible for the implementation of this Decree.
ON BEHALF OF THE GOVERNMENT