Decree of Government No. 88/1998/ND-CP of November 02, 1998 on the functions, powers and organizational structure of The State Bank of Vietnam đã được thay thế bởi Decree No. 52/2003/ND-CP of May 19, 2003, prescribing the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of Vietnam State Bank và được áp dụng kể từ ngày 01/07/2003.
Nội dung toàn văn Decree of Government No. 88/1998/ND-CP of November 02, 1998 on the functions, powers and organizational structure of The State Bank of Vietnam
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Hanoi, November 02, 1998
ON THE FUNCTIONS, POWERS AND ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF THE STATE BANK OF VIETNAM
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government of September 30, 1992;
Pursuant to the Law on the State Bank of Vietnam No.01/1997/QH10 of December 12, 1997;
At the proposal of the Governor of the State Bank of Vietnam and the Minister-Head of the Government Commission for Organization and Personnel,
Article 1.- The State Bank of Vietnam (hereafter referred to as the State Bank for short) is a Government agency performing the function of State management over currency and banking activities and is the Central Bank of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
Article 2.- The State Bank shall have the tasks and powers stipulated in Article 5 of the Law on the State Bank of Vietnam No.01/1997/QH10 of December 12, 1997.
Article 3.- The organizational structure of the State Bank is composed of:
1. The units assisting the State Bank Governor in performing the State management function and the Central Bank's function:
- The Monetary Policy Department,
- The Banking Development Strategy Department,
- The International Relations Department,
- The Foreign Exchange Management Department,
- The Department for Banks and Non-Bank Credit Institutions (referred to as the Department for Banks),
- The Department for Credit Cooperatives,
- The General Control Department,
- The Legal Department,
- The Credit Department,
- The Accountancy-Finance Department,
- The Department for Issuance, Storage and Fund Operations,
- The Department for Organization, Personnel and Training,
- The Banking Inspectorate,
- The Exchange Board,
- The Banking Information Technology Department,
- The Office,
- The Administration Department.
2. The State Bank's branches in the provinces and centrally-run cities.
3. Representative offices at home and abroad:
- The State Bank representative office in Ho Chi Minh City,
- The State Bank's representative offices in foreign countries which are set up under the Prime Minister's decisions.
4. The non-business units:
- The Banking Academy,
- The Banking Times,
- The Banking Review,
- The Credit Information Center,
- The Propaganda and Press Center,
- The Management Board for International Credit Projects.
The State Bank Governor shall define the specific tasks and powers of the units specified in Clauses 1, 2, 3 and 4 of this Article.
5. The enterprises attached to the State Bank which supply special-use products in service of banking activities shall be established under the current regulations.
Article 4.- This Decree takes effect 15 days after its signing.
To abrogate Decree No.20-CP of March 1st, 1995 of the Government on the organizational structure of the State Bank of Vietnam and stipulations in other documents of the Government which are contrary to this Decree.
Article 5.- The ministers, the heads of the ministerial-level agencies, the heads of the agencies attached to the Government and the presidents of the People's Committees of the provinces and centrally-run cities shall have to implement this Decree.