Nội dung toàn văn Resolution No. 18/2011/QH13 on terminating the implementation of Resolution
REPUBLIC OF VIET NAM
Hanoi, November 25, 2011
ON TERMINATING THE IMPLEMENTATION OF RESOLUTION NO. 08/1997/QH10 AND RESOLUTION NO. 73/2006/QH11 ON THE PROJECT ON PLANTING FIVE MILLION HECTARES OF NEW FORESTS
THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY OF THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Pursuant to the 1992 Constitution of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, which was amended and supplemented under Resolution No. 51/2001/NQ-QH10 bổ sung điều của Hiến pháp nước cộng hoà xã hội chủ nghĩa Việt Nam năm 1992">51/2001/QH10;
Pursuant to Resolution No. 08/1997/QH10 on the project on planting five million hectares of new forests, and Resolution No. 73/2006/ QH11 on adjustment of targets and tasks of the project on planting five million hectares of new forests in the 2006-2010 period;
After considering the Government's Reports No. 128/BC-CP of August 9,2011, and No. 243/BC-CP of October 26, 2011, and the National Assembly's Science, Technology and Environment Committee's Verification Report No. 74/BC-UBKHCNMT13 of October 24, 2011, and opinions of National Assembly deputies;
Article 1. The National Assembly acknowledges the achievement of the key targets of the project on planting five million hectares of new forests under the Xth National Assembly's Resolution No. 08/1997/QH10, and the targets and tasks adjusted under the XIth National Assembly's Resolution No. 73/2006/QH11; achieved results, problems, shortcomings and their causes in course of project implementation.
Article 2. To terminated the implementation of the National Assembly's Resolution No. 08/1997/QH10 and Resolution No. 73/2006/QH11 on the project on planting five million hectares of new forests.
To assign the Government to formulate and organize the implementation of the forest protection and development plan for the 2011-2020 period under the mechanism applicable to national target programs and report annually to the National Assembly on its implementation.
Article 3. The Government is assigned to:
1. Urgently complete the cost finalization and audit of the project on planting five million hectares of new forests under law;
2. Protect existing forest areas, increase the forest coverage rate and improve the quality of forests. Adopt overall solutions to stop forest fires, deforestation and illegal exploitation and use of forests; for the near future, further implement policies on food support for people in mountainous areas to prevent deforestation through slash-and-burn farming. Integrate forest protection and development plans with other socio-economic development plans and other programs and projects in the same locality in order to improve the general efficiency of socio-economic development, environmental protection and security and defense maintenance;
Assure sufficient funds for forest protection and development, especially for border and coastal communes; increase the levels of package allocations for forest protection and regeneration zoning; increase investments in planting new protection forests, special-use forests and production forests in difficulty-hit areas. Adopt policies on preferential loans for planting production forests; create jobs and reorganize production activities of those whose forestry land is recovered by the State or converted in its allocated use purposes; and develop the forest product market and forest product processing industry;
Stabilize forest land use planning; review and adopt rational solutions regarding assigned forest areas and lease forest areas to meet the needs of forest planting of local people. Step up the allocation of land and forests and the grant of forest land use right certificates;
5. Renew the forest management model based on functions of each type of forests; issue regulations on timber exploitation under sustainable forest management plans. Adopt policies to assure direct enjoyment of benefits from forest protection and regeneration zoning and planting by local communities; and pay attention to exploiting protection value, environmental protection, sceneries and bio-diversity of forests for reinvestment in favor of forest planters;
6. Step up scientific research and technological application in variety selection, forest management, and forest product exploitation and processing in order to increase the value of forest products;
7. Strictly implement legal regulations on forest protection and development and determination of prices of forests, especially prices of special-use forests and protection forests before converting them to production ones or changing their use purposes in order to reduce waste and loss of forest resources;
8. Intensify the communication, inspection and supervision of implementation of the law on forest protection and development; promptly and strictly handle violations of the law on forest protection and development.
Article 4. The National Assembly Standing Committee, the Ethnic Council and other Committees of the National Assembly, National Assembly deputies' delegations and National Assembly deputies and People's Councils at all levels shall, within the ambit of their functions, tasks and powers, supervise the implementation of this Resolution.
This Resolution was adopted on November 25, 2011, by the XIIIth National Assembly of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam at its 2nd session.-
OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY